When characters crossed the line

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Mahir : 

When he tells Bela that "Tumhe ek ladka pura nahi pada". Although his anger at that time was justified...as Vik/Yuvi tells tells everyone that Bela and him spent the night together...but this thing that bothered me about his character in the show. 

Bela :

When she badly thrashes Mahir after they shift to the Nani house. Right after the koyal scene. Her words were unjustified there. "Aap se irritate hoti hu" and many more words uttered in rage. Very hurting to hear for anyone.

Vish :

When she killed Ajitabh and was not even remorseful about it in front of him. Shedding a tear after he died doesn't count.

Vikrant :

Well tbh his character was always in the grey for me. Yeah they whitewashed him but the fact that he planned the whole molestation scene along with his mom...even if he was misguided by her...still is unjustifiable for me. And to think back then he claimed to love Ruhi. 

I thought Bela and Mahir will have some more scenes like these. Especially Mahir after the truth revelation but nah. 

So these were those instances that bothered me about the characters in the show. 

What about you? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Definitely vik was grey not grey but black. He did wrong and there is no justification. But whitewash is certainly a wrong word to use.  He got punished throughout his life he repented throughout his life. He betrayed in love nd got his due. But when he realized he repented till the end of his life. He wasn't whitewashed he went through a self realization. Nd it's not misguidance it's upbringing. He was taught wrong things from his childhood only he grew up like that. He didn't have anyone except his mom. I'm again saying nothing can justify his sins but he gave up his life as well. 

urmita thumbnail

Well these instances bothered me too...these and Bela not protesting the baby- baba things in fake yuvi track...and Mahir in memory loss track...Vivi to chod hi do...vikku was a criminal and they whitewashed him so he became tolerable...Vish...still haven't forgiven her for Ajitabh and the whole meri bacchi phase...

But ViVi got their just deserts I guess...unke hath innocents k khoon se range the...tabhi shayad accha ban jane k baad bhi, itna pyaar karne k baad bhi happy ending nehi mila...I forgot my anger for vikku, started liking him even...but..karma u know...

And Behir...well Bela was so rude to him from start...sidhe muh baat nehi karti thi...phir vo fake Rehan track...Mahir tolerated it all... jealous hua, par kabhi blame nehi kia, humesha nice raha, care kia and progress bhi ho raha tha unka...but very slowly...then just when he thought she will finally reciprocate, enters Yuvi...and she didn't protest....she tolerated his claims his touches and kept telling Mahir to trust her but never gave explanation...baad mein Mahir found out he is fake but I believe she never really said out loud k Mahir ji that confession was for u not him, mujhe laga aap hai...did she? Now we know how she is, what she went through and thought and felt...but Mahir mind reader to hai nehi...Mahir's pov se his wife is comfortable with every other male but him, says she wants to be with him but responds very slowly and when someone else claims out loud she is his, doesn't protest but doesn't leave Mahir either...and never accepts any feelings for Mahir, never accepts him in public...he is nice understanding caring but hai to insaan...uska tolerance ka had par ho chuka tha...nikal gaya muh se budi baat...I remember mujhe vo dialogue khatka tha...but tab Bela ki bhi to galti thi and ye bolne k baad bhi he couldn't stay angry...he decided to fight for her...baki shows k heroes hote to ye hero heroine pe shaq karne ka track hota...par for him it truly was a bad sentence said in anger and pain and not shaq...so it was easy for me to forgive that lapse...thik jaise baad mein jab Bela ko realize hua Mahir k lie apna pyaar, she loved him so much did so much for him, sare rudeness, sare galat decision, attitude dhul gaya...these lapses only make them human...

CottonWorld thumbnail

Originally posted by: munni_rajatfan

Definitely vik was grey not grey but black. He did wrong and there is no justification. But whitewash is certainly a wrong word to use.  He got punished throughout his life he repented throughout his life. He betrayed in love nd got his due. But when he realized he repented till the end of his life. He wasn't whitewashed he went through a self realization. Nd it's not misguidance it's upbringing. He was taught wrong things from his childhood only he grew up like that. He didn't have anyone except his mom. I'm again saying nothing can justify his sins but he gave up his life as well. 

Grey is what I think his character was. Not dark. Had he not loved Bela/Ruhi and just pretended to do so then he would be a dark character. But in his twisted way he did love her. 

Rest everything that you said...that is also true but I believe his character underwent whitewashing. Agree to disagree I guess :) 

CottonWorld thumbnail

@Urmita 

Other scenes that you mentioned didn't bother me much because while doing so Bela had a reason at least. Like she was unaware of Vik's motives and was guilty of falling in love with another person. 

Mahir ne kya kiya? Memory loss mein toh Mahir Mahir na tha. A person provided with half knowledge will obviously see things according to the people he has known all his life...his mom. And even then Yuvi showed those tent pictures. 

munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: CottonWorld

Grey is what I think his character was. Not dark. Had he not loved Bela/Ruhi and just pretended to do so then he would be a dark character. But in his twisted way he did love her. 

Rest everything that you said...that is also true but I believe his character underwent whitewashing. Agree to disagree I guess :) 

Whitewash is sumwhat rejecting his good deeds. His bad deeds r definitely his but his good deeds r also his. He sacrificed his life at the end of the day. Anyways as u said let's agree to disagree. 

urmita thumbnail

@Urmita 

Other scenes that you mentioned didn't bother me much because while doing so Bela had a reason at least. Like she was unaware of Vik's motives and was guilty of falling in love with another person. 

Mahir ne kya kiya? Memory loss mein toh Mahir Mahir na tha. A person provided with half knowledge will obviously see things according to the people he has known all his life...his mom. And even then Yuvi showed those tent pictures. 

I know her reasons but Mahir k samne fake Yuvi kuch bhi bolta...touchy touchy hota and she used to tolerate it...I used to be so mad...I was like react already, tell him no... Mahir is hurting...so yeah that track bothered me...but like I said baad mein she made up to it jab use finally apne pyaar realize hua...so it's forgiven...

Aur ml track mein Mahir ne kuch kia nehi but that whole track bothered me... that's the one time cvs dared mess with Mahir's character...coz the Mahir we know memory na bhi ho to vo blankly zombie k tarha jake kisiki bhi mandap mein baith k shaadi nehi karne lagega...he should hv been shown giving bela benefit of doubt and postponing the wedding until he remembered....atleast trying...punarjanam is a separate thing, it's a new life, to Tanya ko propose kar dena I get, phir bhi muh latka k ghum raha tha banda...but uss zombie track mein it's like he didn't hv any instinct or feelings or anything it was weird...and the line was crossed by CVs...but that time cvs had already started ruining the show...and we know where they went with it...

Priya258 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Mahir:Yes I also felt same when Mahir this line to Bela as it was really cheap kind of line it shows disrespect towards a women.And I felt so from the beginning of this show Mahir has been portrayed as an ideal human ideal son ideal husband who cares for everyone respects womens it was unexpected to hear such thing from his mouth.Yes I also agree he was angry he didn't mean it from heart otherwise he would've repeat it second time.Though his anger was totally justified but I won't support his line.

Bela:I was highly disappointed with Bela when Vikrant entered as Yuvi.She never refused him when he used to call her baby baba sweety in front of her HUSBAND she never refused to her touching she never protested when Yuvi claimed Bela was with him full night that too he said it in front of family.Those episodes were so creepy to watch as to why Bela doesn't clear everything to Mahir.It wasn't because she doesn't want to hurt Vik as as first day she cleared she love Mahir and whatever protest she did it was behind a closed room.Bela's this behavior was totally not understandable.

BeHir:This is about BeHir.And in this they both were responsible.

1st,During Shaan track Shaan made Bela signed on divorce papers and BeHir was seen joking about it as in Bela calling him ex husband and during vyom track BeHir dance on ye kya hua Mahir joked "hum pehle aise couple h jo divorce k bad bhi aise dance karte h" but they never tried to fix it as that's how it was backfired at Bela when these divorce papers were used in memory loss track.

2nd,When Hukum impregnated Vish our first impression was she was raped but next day BeHir behaved so casually was very disappointing.

Vish:At first Vish was seen very much eager to take revenge but they revealed her neg killing Ajitabh breaking Bela's trust wasn't acceptable but whatever at thr end makers realized their fault and tranformed her character to total positive character 

Vikrant:What he did with Bela was absolutely wrong.At one side he claimed to love her at another side he didn't hesitate to plan molestation to kill Bela's mother.But then after vyom track they started to show him felling guilty and thus how he became backbone of Bela as a friend we didn't realized.

Whatever happens it's for thr better.I am glad Vish and Vikrant's character was redeemed and we loved them when they turned positive. 

CottonWorld thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priya258

Mahir:Yes I also felt same when Mahir this line to Bela as it was really cheap kind of line it shows disrespect towards a women.And I felt so from the beginning of this show Mahir has been portrayed as an ideal human ideal son ideal husband who cares for everyone respects womens it was unexpected to hear such thing from his mouth.Yes I also agree he was angry he didn't mean it from heart otherwise he would've repeat it second time.Though his anger was totally justified but I won't support his line.

Bela:I was highly disappointed with Bela when Vikrant entered as Yuvi.She never refused him when he used to call her baby baba sweety in front of her HUSBAND she never refused to her touching she never protested when Yuvi claimed Bela was with him full night that too he said it in front of family.Those episodes were so creepy to watch as to why Bela doesn't clear everything to Mahir.It wasn't because she doesn't want to hurt Vik as as first day she cleared she love Mahir and whatever protest she did it was behind a closed room.Bela's this behavior was totally not understandable.

BeHir:This is about BeHir.And in this they both were responsible.

1st,During Shaan track Shaan made Bela signed on divorce papers and BeHir was seen joking about it as in Bela calling him ex husband and during vyom track BeHir dance on ye kya hua Mahir joked "hum pehle aise couple h jo divorce k bad bhi aise dance karte h" but they never tried to fix it as that's how it was backfired at Bela when these divorce papers were used in memory loss track.

2nd,When Hukum impregnated Vish our first impression was she was raped but next day BeHir behaved so casually was very disappointing.

Vish:At first Vish was seen very much eager to take revenge but they revealed her neg killing Ajitabh breaking Bela's trust wasn't acceptable but whatever at thr end makers realized their fault and tranformed her character to total positive character 

Vikrant:What he did with Bela was absolutely wrong.At one side he claimed to love her at another side he didn't hesitate to plan molestation to kill Bela's mother.But then after vyom track they started to show him felling guilty and thus how he became backbone of Bela as a friend we didn't realized.

Whatever happens it's for thr better.I am glad Vish and Vikrant's character was redeemed and we loved them when they turned positive. 

We all should be thankful that the writer didn't drag that track for almost the entire season. If I'm not wrong the first season had the sisters fighting for the male lead. One of those plots that I hate in movies and shows. 

urmita thumbnail

We all should be thankful that the writer didn't drag that track for almost the entire season. If I'm not wrong the first season had the sisters fighting for the male lead. One of those plots that I hate in movies and shows. 

yeah I hate sisters fighting for same guy tracks too...but in 1st season it was well planned...See Shivanya started out as grey unlike Bela who was always just...Shivanya gave Ritik nidra vish on their wedding night and she never let him come between her and her revenge....and Shesha used to egg her on and was eager for revenge like Vish...but their were situations where shivanya used to make her be shivanya and stay with her husband while real one is elsewhere...ab aag aur ghee ko sath chod k jaoge to jo hona tha vohi hua...in S1 shesha's transformation to villein was quite planned and logical...it's S2 when she moved on to Rocky and things became ridiculous and cheap...

yehi to problem hai...only N1 story was pre-planned...both N2, N3 stories were bakwas...but in N3 the took time creating  characters like Bela and Mahir and Vish and Sumi...and its those characters that in spite of bakwas story N3 k naiya ko par laga dia...N2 didn't have even that...