Caught up in the snow globe

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~My musings 23.5.12   Caught up in a snow globe

Snow globe a transparent glass sphere which may be a musical toy or an ornamental piece, that which fascinates the eye of the beholder. Many believe that a snow globe represents the age of innocence, the happy times of childhood, free from anxieties. Snow globes may carry miniature landscapes,or even figurines. The magic of the snow globe lies in how when moved it disperses tiny particles and creates a snow storm within its spherical dome. One can gaze at the captured scene and be suspended in time;  dream of  unfulfilled desires.

How easily Kainat treats Zaroon’s gift of a couple in a snow globe as a representation of herself and Zaroon. The very thought enchants her, she holds on to the gift and dreams of forging herself with him till eternity, just like the bride and groom in the snow globe.

But apart from this ,what stands out in the episode for me is that Sufiyana ,pure love is in actual fact, tainted with avarice for the Sufi ancestral heir ship of the Shah shrine itself. The shrine is a snow globe which all senior relatives are caught up in, they gaze at its magic from the outside and they see its miniature grandeur captured in the glass sphere. We can see how the elders use, their young in aiding them to reach the pot of gold imprisoned in the snow globe.

Thus In this episode, I see the Shah dargah in a snow globe which allures many in this episode. Weakness in others is spotted and then strategically used by senior family members. The scene between Dadi and Kainat is significant, how a spider traps a fly in its web of deceit.  Dadi uses praise to cajole Kainat to help her Humza to acquire the shrine in the snow globe!  Dadi craftily  narrates, and names the main contenders in the race for the ancestral chair, which belonged initially to Kainat’s father. Dadi plays on a daughters loyalty and right over what was her fathers had he been alive. Dadi also plays on Kainat’s revenge instinct of omitting all chances of Zaroon getting with Saltanat. Dadi even gives Kainat the motive.Push Nadeem out of the race to attain the shrine in the snow globe! For that will ensure that Zaroon’s father Mamoonwill never let his son Zaroon marry Saltanat! As Zaroon will not be Nadeem,potential heir’s son in law. Dadi is no weak player, her strength lies in making use of a novice player, who shows great promise and commitment!

Bad enough, such manoeuvrings only motivate Kainat’sown intentions of only gaining  for herself  the couple captured in  the snow globe!

But getting to the snow globe Dargah, is no easy feat for the elders. The slightest step and move towards it, creates quite a storm! In the family unit.   

After the engagement storm, while Kainat indulges in a child-like fascination with the musical snowglobe. Saltanat is numb with the turn of events. But one can control and calm the storm in the snow globe. All that needs to be done is restrict the movement and rest the ornament for a while.

Just like, there are people who gather Saltanat the fallen misjudged angel caught up in the snow storm of some crafty making. There’s Zaroon who once again  assures her he’s there for her, but warns her she to see through Kainat’s moves. He tries to split the cousins, but Kainat's sweet apology to Saltanat , once again perhaps Saltanat of being beguiled..

Then there’s Nadeem who defends his daughter, before Mainjaan, that Saltanat only did what was needed, as Kainat herself didn’t want the engagement with Humza. Rubina’s timely intervention shows, how caught up she is with getting her hands on the legacy. She'd rather not have Nadeem, at logger heads with Mainjaan,in fear of losing  the dargah in the snow globe! Being ticked off the list of heirship! So here a mother agrees her innocent daughter is at fault, all due to the desire for the shrine in the snow globe!

If the snow globe, stirs childhood memories, than it most certainly brings out the child in Kainat , for the first time in the show. The Family album, recreates the snow storm of memories of her father. How this daughter misses the presence of her dead father. So there is some truth in what Zainab claimed before Sultanat , that Kainat’s jealousy of her, stems greatly from the fact that Saltanat has a father, while she has none!

Kainat‘s cry that if her father was alive she wouldn’t be fighting her battle alone! Is a significant line. Had her father been alive ,he would be the next in line to the heirship of the dargah! Being Mainjaan’s eldest son. In fact the heir’s robes are kept safe with Zainab. The battle that Kainat refers to is the fight to win Zaroon for herself, from all the forces that stand against her!   

The scene where her father’s photo flies out of the album and touches her heart!  breeds the idea in Kainat's heart and mind, that the only way to attain Zaroon is through, procuring the property of the dargah. 

Zaroon becomes Humza’s love guru! One traditional and one new age in mindset! Zaroon  gives Hunza a brief tutorial about how to impress Kainat, make his way into her heart, like he did with Saltanat. Zaroon recognizes the significance of striking a love bond between Kainat and Humza . As only that way, can he ensure he gets Saltanat. Mind you behind all this so called unconditional Sufiyana  love, In both, lies also the desire to obtain the shrine enclosed in the snow globe!

Kainat, decides to try all strategies to make way for Zaroon to come by her! Be it onslaughts at Saltanat or be at her ways to oust her father Nadeem out of the race  where the winner ends up with the shrine in the snow globe!

The saddest bit for me, is when Kainat at the dargah, gives up on gods justice and announces to her destiny, that from on now she is in charge , a one woman army to get  the dreams ,desires, wants, needs of herheart.. Zaroon ..

Kainat will have to learn, that love is about making one’s place in another’s heart! and not forcing entry to be housed ..

Still Kainat hangs on to the couple in a snow globe. She will act in accordance with what suits her!for love can be selfish too. Will the crash of the snow globe bring her back to the real world? 24.5.19  hamlet53  

thanks Mishfan, Swetha-Sai, Arshian14,Madz,Lonely thots, ria,Irishta for supporting my work.. lets keep watching the show..promo shows some dark intrigues coming up ! sorry for late post..  atishooo.. hay fever..  love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I saw the snow globe more as Kainaat obsession - her dreams are caught in a glass cage, yearning to be free, throwing tiny glittering, splinters at the glass. Personally, I find snow globes as creepy as clowns 

Until Dadi brought it up, I had mostly forgotten about the dargah. For me - the game had changed from "dargah kiski" to Zaroon kiska". Now Dadi has thrown dargah back in the mix - a new game will start "jiski dargha, uska zaroon" 😆

Dadi has no idea the can of worms she has opened. Her dream is going to be a casualty of her smartness. Serves her right for playing on Kainaat's emotions. Despite her greed for the dargah, I believe she genuinely loves Humza. He is almost coming across as an innocent victim in this game and will hurt the most once it's in full swing.

I am not sure I understood the scene when her father picture flew at her. I thought she would interpret it as a sign from God that her father was with her but instead, she goes to the dargah to declare that she will fight her own battle without depending on taqdeer. more than her declaration, the stunning part was that she did not bow and had no reverence in eyes. First, she turned away from Miajaan and now from God. Is it possible to turn away from your core beliefs at a drop of a hat? 

I am hoping Zaroon is as bad as the people on the forum believe he is. He can then play at Kainaat's level, which is going to be down and really dirty. 

Rest of the characters, except Sultanat, are borderline grey which makes their actions unpredictable and interesting - but they stand no chance against Kainaat. Go Kainaat!!!! 

phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I find Kainat being too much oppressed under her mothers strict authoritarian regime that loosing Zaroon  is(a chance to freedom from that) unacceptable to her. I guess Kainat has bowed down to her mother and Miajaan's strict traditional teachings not because she finds them right and pious but because she was never given a chance to explore the other side. 

On the other side Saltanat has been given the freedom to choose what she deems fit, and that has led to greatest divide between the sisters. I find Salanat to be someone who has accepted her tradition ( whatever of it she has accepted) as she her own choice while Kainat has to accept it no matter what she desired for. 

That is also the reason  why Kainat is not ready to give up on her desire for Zaroon as she believes that she has sacrificed so much in life  then she should be her reward for that sacrifice. She is not seeing love as love she is currently seeing love as a reward for her good behaviour and pious character. 

Saltanat is ready to sacrifice because she knows that if she will do that, it should be her choice nobody will force her to do that. And this is the deciding factor here. had kainat be giving a chance to willingly sacrifice she would have been happy to do that as it would have given her at least the satisfaction of being the bigger person. But she was nit given a choice and that is bothering her, She is loosing what is dear to her and nobody is even recognising it. 

Edited by ria2794 - 4 years ago
Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

So finally Kainaat rejects miajaan’s teachings and also her faith in her god. the two things that her character was built upon.. her character has now been deconstructed. Sadly, she has abandoned her religion which she feels has given her nothing in life. So she really wants to be her own god and acquire what she wants.. I do not intend to hurt any religious/atheist sentiments here.. It is my personal belief that having fear of god/ faith in god instills a moral compass within us.. and I am slowly witnessing Kainaat lose her moral compass.. 

So Zaroon wants Kainaat moved out of his way, irrespective of the fact , that she doesn’t want to get married to Humza. so he continues to become a love guru for Humza .. surprising.. that he rejected Kainaat on the grounds that he believes that getting into a loveless marriage would spoil her life.. so will not Kainaat getting married to Humza not spoil humza( his friend)  life? Let’s forget Kainaat here since by his own admission, Kainaat’s misdeed of getting Sultanat slapped has washed him off his guilt .. guilt which I as a viewer sadly never felt.. but never mind , I take Zaroon at face value for now since I’ve always had problems connecting with him since the beginning.. 

Sultanat should accept zaroon’s love since her heart wants to.. if she wishes to, she can prove herself right in front of Miajaan by bringing out the truth that Kainaat doesn’t wish to marry Humza thus prevent the marriage from taking place.. but I don’t see a need of this sacrifice drama from her since Zaroon and she knows that they love each other.. i mean , it doesn’t make sense now.. 

since Dadi once again brought up Dargah, and even Rubina.. will Mamoon be back in action.? It all started with the dargah right? Or is Mamoon abiding his time till eid  as he granted his son time till eid to get the girl as well as the dargah

phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

No you should not fear god, you should love god and think him as your moral compass because you want to instil his qualities in your own self, Fear is a negative emotion which means you do things not because you find them right nut you do them because you don't want to be prosecuted. 

And we do thing just because we want to save ourselves then we don't really believe them as right and follow them with our heart. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita

I saw the snow globe more as Kainaat obsession - her dreams are caught in a glass cage, yearning to be free, throwing tiny glittering, splinters at the glass. Personally, I find snow globes as creepy as clowns 

love your interpretation,  makes sense.. me too not into snow orbs, but seems a great favourite with  ITV often repeated  in many shows,especially the bride/groom figurines on a cake!  the pressie was meant  for both Humza and Kainat as a couple, but like you mention Kainat clutches it as her wish.

Until Dadi brought it up, I had mostly forgotten about the dargah. For me - the game had changed from "dargah kiski" to Zaroon kiska". Now Dadi has thrown dargah back in the mix - a new game will start "jiski dargha, uska zaroon" smiley36

certainly the new slogan for the current track .. poor Dadi can't  use Humza the way she would have liked to use him.. as for Neelam, she is a mate of Saltanat  so she is no good..

Dadi has no idea the can of worms she has opened. Her dream is going to be a casualty of her smartness. Serves her right for playing on Kainaat's emotions. Despite her greed for the dargah, I believe she genuinely loves Humza. He is almost coming across as an innocent victim in this game and will hurt the most once it's in full swing.

actually , I too am beginning to notice the credibility in Humza's love for Kainat..  now if he is the man for Kainat is yet to be seen.. but at least he is someone who makes work for Zaroon

I am not sure I understood the scene when her father picture flew at her. I thought she would interpret it as a sign from God that her father was with her but instead, she goes to the dargah to declare that she will fight her own battle without depending on taqdeer. more than her declaration, the stunning part was that she did not bow and had no reverence in eyes. First, she turned away from Miajaan and now from God. Is it possible to turn away from your core beliefs at a drop of a hat? 

her falling out with god..like I said  saddened me. basically  , a devotee is not really in a position to  dictate terms to their personal deity,  how strong her personal faith is in question now, I  suppose

I am hoping Zaroon is as bad as the people on the forum believe he is. He can then play at Kainaat's level, which is going to be down and really dirty. 

so true,,, in past episodes he was more in line  with how Kainat reacts..

Rest of the characters, except Sultanat, are borderline grey which makes their actions unpredictable and interesting - but they stand no chance against Kainaat. Go Kainaat!!!

Kainat transparency  is welcoming..  perhaps it was long time coming.. its like she is all set  to do things her way..

thanks Irshita for an interesting comment.. its my turn to  enjoy a good read..  love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally  posted by Ria 

helooo Ria great  to see you 

I find Kainat being too much oppressed under her mothers strict authoritarian regime that loosing Zaroon  is(a chance to freedom from that) unacceptable to her. I guess Kainat has bowed down to her mother and Miajaan's strict traditional teachings not because she finds them right and pious but because she was never given a chance to explore the other side. 

I liked what you mentioned about seeing a chance to fly in her bond with Zaroon.. yes upbringing is questioned   especially if the child is seen to be going off track..

On the other side Saltanat has been given the freedom to choose what she deems fit, and that has led to greatest divide between the sisters. I find Salanat to be someone who has accepted her tradition ( whatever of it she has accepted) as she her own choice while Kainat has to accept it no matter what she desired for. 

the key thing is being given the chance to make choices..  which in contrast  Saltanat  has in comparison to Kainat.. this contrast between the two is a crucial segment for the plot to run..

That is also the reason  why Kainat is not ready to give up on her desire for Zaroon as she believes that she has sacrificed so much in life  then she should be her reward for that sacrifice. She is not seeing love as love she is currently seeing love as a reward for her good behaviour and pious character. 

well pointed out ria, and I couldn't agree more.. but then again, being rewarded for good behaviour is what most people aspire for. But I also see, that good behaviour is not always rewarded.. which in turn makes a person bitter, like Kainat  feels

Saltanat is ready to sacrifice because she knows that if she will do that, it should be her choice nobody will force her to do that. And this is the deciding factor here. had kainat be giving a chance to willingly sacrifice she would have been happy to do that as it would have given her at least the satisfaction of being the bigger person. But she was nit given a choice and that is bothering her, She is loosing what is dear to her and nobody is even recognising it.

loved your clear explanation.. does it also boil down largely  also having the ability to deal with both the high and lows of life.. yes Kainat was not given a situation where she could prove her worth.. in fact sadly no one ever expected any thing from her.. she might have just been there as as a fragile ,even though treasured  ornamental  piece.

thanks for a thought provoking   feedback ria,  got me thinking as well..kainat  for me is the most saleable character.. lets watch the show .. love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by Lonelythots

hello lonelythots, good to hear from you

So finally Kainaat rejects miajaan’s teachings and also her faith in her god. the two things that her character was built upon.. her character has now been deconstructed. Sadly, she has abandoned her religion which she feels has given her nothing in life. So she really wants to be her own god and acquire what she wants.. I do not intend to hurt any religious/atheist sentiments here.. It is my personal belief that having fear of god/ faith in god instills a moral compass within us.. and I am slowly witnessing Kainaat lose her moral compass.. 

it seemed she has a close personal faith,i t may have held her together, perhaps when she lost her father, clearly she expected to be compensated in some way, especially after losing her father. Zaroon she saw as  a replacement.. but recent events have shown her other.. no wonder she feels bitter and rejected by her god too..    fear of god , can also mean  listening to  our conscience,, the goodness in our souls..

So Zaroon wants Kainaat moved out of his way, irrespective of the fact , that she doesn’t want to get married to Humza. so he continues to become a love guru for Humza .. surprising.. that he rejected Kainaat on the grounds that he believes that getting into a loveless marriage would spoil her life.. so will not Kainaat getting married to Humza not spoil humza( his friend)  life? Let’s forget Kainaat here since by his own admission, Kainaat’s misdeed of getting Sultanat slapped has washed him off his guilt .. guilt which I as a viewer sadly never felt.. but never mind , I take Zaroon at face value for now since I’ve always had problems connecting with him since the beginning.. 

this guilt line,  I  didn't touch upon, because it was only used to frighten Kainat.. reprimand  her.. basically ,nothing unusual, he was only fighting Saltanat;s case..  but then again, Kainat didn't bat an eyelid! she only saw it as , him coming to her!even if it meant to defend Saltanat!

Sultanat should accept zaroon’s love since her heart wants to.. if she wishes to, she can prove herself right in front of Miajaan by bringing out the truth that Kainaat doesn’t wish to marry Humza thus prevent the marriage from taking place.. but I don’t see a need of this sacrifice drama from her since Zaroon and she knows that they love each other.. i mean , it doesn’t make sense now.. 

true, but  it keeps the track ,running.. Mainjaan  will have to take  some decision..

since Dadi once again brought up Dargah, and even Rubina.. will Mamoon be back in action.? It all started with the dargah right? Or is Mamoon abiding his time till eid  as he granted his son time till eid to get the girl as well as the dargah

yes.. how the elders, all look to the dargah and all the name and wealth it brings along with it.. the Sufiyana  love is connected to greed..

lets watch the show,whatever next, yet to watch today's episode.. listen mate, thanks for giving hammie a great read,, love hammie