Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Sufiyana Pyaar Mera ~ My musings 3.5.19   Some ball game …

Syed SheriyatGhazi Shah’s  Sufi ancestry , is turning out to be quite a ball game!  passed from on,one player to another. All players make up their make own rules of the game.All play against, and for each other, simultaneously. They play a competitive game, yet are constrained by family honour ,relationships, and religious confines. Now as we see, some players, play dirty. To them personal motives matter more than, the game of family ethics and values There is clearly a tussle between an traditional, orthodox team and a foreign team. The visiting team, is seen to have  a disadvantage.  Of perhaps having many new customs andpractices. For which the home team requires some time, to come to terms with. One thing however,  both teams are in agreement  with, is what comprises  the winning trophy.  the seat of the heir of the Sufi Shah ancestry.Besides the team players, there is Mainjaan, the ready to retire caretakerreferee of the game. Whose task is to ensure that both teams exercise fairplay, and that the best, qualified person wins the ancestral trophy.

Within this episode, we see yet again Mainjaan’s role as the arbitrator who aspires to payheed to  consensus  within the teams he manages. I find him, yet again approachable, to the players who air their anxieties,  requests,suggestions before him. The scene between him and Zainab is all about oneplayer giving justification, for bending the rules of the game.The interactionis about, acceptance by the manager for his short-sightedness, to the playerZainab.The scene is also about Mainjaan showing sensitivity and understanding towards Zainab’s maternal instincts. The scene is about a player taking a decision, without priordiscussion with the games manager. This tone of coming clean with each other,actually unhinges Mainjaan  as he learns,that the transfer of the ancestral power is not as smooth as he had  envisaged..

The seemingly negative players like Dadi are essential for the story line, as theykeep alive the element of  a constant battle; a ball game  between virtue andvice. How the likes of a virtuous man like Mainjaan, despite his goodness, is not entirely secure from the onslaught of evil forces , even within his own family. Being good does not guarantee, that life will be challenge free! Mind you, further to his discussion with Zainab, his awareness has been raised, thatthere can be others  who can become his successor.Perhaps,he sought an player from abroad, rather than from his home ground.

How the ball game is played, within the episode determines which direction the ball  or to which player it's is passed , or rolled towards. Zaroon ,due to fresh opposition by Zainab  loses the chance to have the ball in hiscourt. But then again, which way the ball rolls? is hard to predict. Players just need to focus, be vigilant, believe in themselves that they can retrievethe ball! and play!

We see,Nadeem, comes in as a replacement of Zaroon, but nevertheless as the legitimate contender for Syed Sheriyat Ghazi Shah’s ancestry! This comes as a surprise, but fair and without any further dissension from both teams. Mamoon and his immediate team feel fortune smiles at them. Zaroon has scored one goal.. of getting Sultanat. The other winning goal will be scored.. it’s just  a matter of time. For soon the heirs seat ball, will eventually be passed on to him, by his respective to be father in law Nadeem…

Behind the scenes in the dressing rooms! Players interact..Zaroon speculates, it’s his beloved Sultanat who, coaxed her father into proposing himself as the prospective heir to Mainjaan’s dynasty. Even the embellishment of Zaroon‘s poetic words for his lady love failto impress Sultanat.  She  puts Zaroon in his place by making it clear,that she did her duty in keeping with a daughter’s love for her anxious father,and not out of love for her would be groom! Indian girls relectance to  confess Sufiyana love baffles, his Canadian ways..

But the lone , seen to be the player Kainat sports her losing position at the ball game. People shall see, when she becomes, adamant in playing the ball game. Even the whole universe will be unable to deter her from striking the ball, at what her heart pines for! but she will strike, when god wills it.  

Dadi too play’s her devious game! Which is to maintain the spirit of rivalry between thehome and abroad teams. As to divide and rule is her stance. She will carry onplaying mind games with Mainjaan’s  bestplayer Zainab! Use the best player, to play  foul in a clean game! Forwhist the two teams  grapple over theball! Dadi s eyes will remain on the ball.. and at the right time she ,Dadi  will  to strike a goal in the name of heirship for her grandson Humza!

When the game is on.. the red letter is used by Zainab , primed by Dadi to play foul inthe game! But the penalty point aimed at Mainjaan , actually turns into a  chancefor Zainab to score a goal in favour of the family traditions, and above all for the right of her daughter. Kainat!

Kainat becomes the bearer  of the red letter invite from the girlSultanat’s household to the paternal grand-fathers’s household. Kainat has to swallow her tears, gather her dignity and smile for the happiness of her cousin sister Sultanat  marrying the manselected for her initially.Kainat , has to test her perseverance as a solid,reliable player. A player that plays, fair and relies not just on her own physical abilities, but upon the strength of her family and her god.. 4.5.19 Hamlet53

Have a goodweekend , forum friends.. sorry for the late posted Friday  musings.. was trying earlier, but the site posed an error.. seems to working now.. yipeeeee!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hey Hammie. I am still one episode ahead but in time zone I am behind you. I am in US (central) time zone. And yeah I am not any where near quitting the show. Though a bit disheartened by the “will kill myself” promo, story is still holding my interest. I am less bothered about Karoon or Saroon . I am more interested in kayanat versus Saltanat not for zaroon, I hope makers do not reduce their Tashan to a fight over a man. I like your post today cos I like to see this as a game of chess between 2 teams over securing the riyazat for their contentors. Canadians rooting for zaroon, Dadi for Hamza. Whereas the 2 mom’s wanting it for their SIL’s. I did wonder whether Saltanat had an ulterior motive on getting  her dad to take over the riyazat or was it really her concerns for Miyajaan. 

Watching Saturday epi (sorry I know you are still on Friday), I really liked Saltanat. Especially the reason for her refusal. I think it was fair for zaroon to get the taste of same rejection he imposed on kayanat. I felt proud that Saltanat wanted revenge not for her sister but for the unfairness to her gender. That was a moment to feel proud of Saltanat. Again she forgot that the family keeps such conflicts behind closed doors and don’t bring it in front of public. Would have been better if she did it during the red letter think like how zaroon rejected kayanat . 

Looks like kayanat believes zaroon is her right bcos her love was born out of her elders choosing this guy for her and she firmly believes her god will give him to her. I liked the Zainab miajan scene, she is genuinely concerned abt miajan. From a miajan stand point the 2 youngsters Saroon is again n again hurting him and breaking his dream. I feel for the guy, he is just a poor old guy who still upholds the tradition in believes that youngsters should abide by the elders decision.  

I don’t like the promo for Monday one bit, but want to watch it out and see how it plays out. Though I started loving kayanat from very 1st episode, I liked Saltanat today too. I wish Saltanat has more flavors too, this usool thing is getting a bit monotonous. Zaroon is still in that selfish box, oblivious to everything but Saltanat. I like the way the story is progressing, hope they continue in the same path and do not make it into just a love story.  The story holds so much potential and has lot of elements for good drama. Like how all characters are flawed here except Saltanat so far who seems to be a bit too white. 

By the way I noticed they have given a mole under the lip for kayanat and no mole for Saltanat. Wonder it is there cos in future there will be a plot of one pretending to be the other (just wondered while watching Saturday epi)

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BIaddict

Hey Hammie. I am still one episode ahead but in time zone I am behind you. I am in US (central) time zone. And yeah I am not any where near quitting the show. Though a bit disheartened by the “will kill myself” promo, story is still holding my interest. I am less bothered about Karoon or Saroon . I am more interested in kayanat versus Saltanat not for zaroon, I hope makers do not reduce their Tashan to a fight over a man. I like your post today cos I like to see this as a game of chess between 2 teams over securing the riyazat for their contentors. Canadians rooting for zaroon, Dadi for Hamza. Whereas the 2 mom’s wanting it for their SIL’s. I did wonder whether Saltanat had an ulterior motive on getting  her dad to take over the riyazat or was it really her concerns for Miyajaan. 

Watching Saturday epi (sorry I know you are still on Friday), I really liked Saltanat. Especially the reason for her refusal. I think it was fair for zaroon to get the taste of same rejection he imposed on kayanat. I felt proud that Saltanat wanted revenge not for her sister but for the unfairness to her gender. That was a moment to feel proud of Saltanat. Again she forgot that the family keeps such conflicts behind closed doors and don’t bring it in front of public. Would have been better if she did it during the red letter think like how zaroon rejected kayanat . 

Looks like kayanat believes zaroon is her right bcos her love was born out of her elders choosing this guy for her and she firmly believes her god will give him to her. I liked the Zainab miajan scene, she is genuinely concerned abt miajan. From a miajan stand point the 2 youngsters Saroon is again n again hurting him and breaking his dream. I feel for the guy, he is just a poor old guy who still upholds the tradition in believes that youngsters should abide by the elders decision.  

I don’t like the promo for Monday one bit, but want to watch it out and see how it plays out. Though I started loving kayanat from very 1st episode, I liked Saltanat today too. I wish Saltanat has more flavors too, this usool thing is getting a bit monotonous. Zaroon is still in that selfish box, oblivious to everything but Saltanat. I like the way the story is progressing, hope they continue in the same path and do not make it into just a love story.  The story holds so much potential and has lot of elements for good drama. Like how all characters are flawed here except Saltanat so far who seems to be a bit too white. 

By the way I noticed they have given a mole under the lip for kayanat and no mole for Saltanat. Wonder it is there cos in future there will be a plot of one pretending to be the other (just wondered while watching Saturday epi)

hellooo Bladdict, right you based in USA.. well  all I know is that travel to USA/Canada.. we gain time! ..  now regards you ahead.. that is true and I wasn't aware there was a Saturday surprise.. was out and about, my mate phoned me and blabbed  about it!well seen it now.. posted my spiel too.. and no me too frowned at the pressure tactics of  grim talk  almost sounds like emotional black mail..     coercion to achieve sufiyana love. most off putting..Zaroon is preoccupied by Sultanat admitting her love for him.. sounds  pretty childish. May be he wants to know where he stands with her.. well she's pulled back now, .. as for Kainat.. she too thinks alike Zaroon in this instance.. me shaking my head! 

yes I for one go for imperfections in characters,The more complex they are.. the more room, there is for self redemption. I still feel the layers are slowly being removed  from the three central characters.

nope, haven't noticed any mole on either off the girls..  perhaps should check their screen shots.. but what you suggest.. sounds interesting .. should the cv's use it.. I'll know mate, exactly who came up with the twist..

thanks one time, for reading  my late posts and  giving you  fresh views... love hammie