Firing one's gun over someone else's shoulder

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Sufiyana Pyaar Mera ~ My musings 2.5.19 Firing one’s gun on someone else shoulder.

The titlecame to my mind after watching this episode. I see people surreptitiously usingothers actions to achieve their own motives. Sufiyana love is turning out more intoa battle-field to realize one’s dreams. The coveted Shah inheritance legacyseat now seems to take precedence over love. Children  are burdened by familial expectations and loyalties.

From the young to the old, all are bedazzled by dreams of coming to power,and spending the rest of their lives, making use of the handsome income earned via the Dargah. Somewhere worldly avarice, replaces the real purpose of the shrine,that is to dispense spiritual  richness and refinement of the human heart and mind.

War strategies can be seen, where  minor, yet significant characters like Dadi,uses people with good, sane repute like Zainab to serve her own ulterior motive.This to see Humza as the next heir to the legacy ,and to abort  the foreigner Mamoon from getting the legacyvia his son Zaroon. Here I would like to add, that really, Mainjaan hasthe legacy by default… as his brother , Zaroon’s  grandfather, had no option left when his son, Mamoon opted to leave India and settle inCanada. Now if Mamoon comes to claim, his rightful inheritance, to which Mainjaan too had no objections. The setting up of an alliance between Kainat and Zaroon was intentional so his brother’s grandson could have a smooth transfer to hisrightful inheritance. Mainjaan ,a righteous man and as such, is  only a safe caretaker of the revered Ghazi  Shah dargah. He too dreamt to restore thelegacy to its rightful heir.

An influx of dreams within this joint Shah family, creates much subversive activities behind closed too. Stumbling blocks are thought off , to smash each others dreams. The attitude that let the best and worthy person, realize, his or her dream is rife in the families.  So ,in the episode we see all trying their hands at getting closer to their dream.. by what ever means. Firing their gun over another’s shoulder, so be it!

Rather,cleverlyDadi manipulates Zainab, a hard woman to  manoeuvre, to serve her purpose of setting up Humza  as the heir to the legacy. Zainab would be the one to create a stumbling block  in Mamoon’s way from achieving his dream to get his hands on the legacy. Zanaib will be the one to do what dadi dreams about.

What dadi in  her wise move fails to see , that Zainab , with the clout she has, actually, prevents Mainjaan from making another mistake in terms of family tradition. Zainab is right in obstructing Zaroon’s  succession to the legacy seat, as he is not marrying Kainat! The successor should be the man who weds Kainat, the daughter of Mainjaan’s eldest son.  Zainab also clarifies , Sultanat‘s position  in comparison with Kainat. Sultanat is younger than Kainat , and as such,  the ages of the girls too opens up a new can of worms, apart from the  birth position of their fathers.

Zainab’s objection is upheld. The cap that a smiling Zaroon, fits upon his head, and the ceremonial robe of the next in line are once again are abruptly removed. Zainab’s poker straight face, contrasts with Zaroon’s previous got my father’s dream! Smile..oh! So close yet so far!

Dadi’s taunt for Zaroon, the foreigner, is enough for him to learn, that it pays to keep a check on one’s emotions from surfacing upon one’s face. That it profits the young much, if they seek the blessings of their elders. The old lady, fires another gun, this time from Zaroon’s shoulders,makes him reflect, why things changed all of a sudden?  Who has the power to change them,  yet…

This shot from dadi,  was meant to create more ruckus, but I think, it makes Zaroon think how best he can retrieve the situation. It’s Sultanat, who  proves beneficial for him. In fact she veers him, that if any one can influence Zainab, it is her daughter Kainat.

Zaroon desperate to turn things around, fires his gun towards Zainab, using Kainat’s shoulder. Interesting Kainat, communicates to her god about what troubles her heart. She speaks about her hurt, and continues to wait upon  his verdict, with a contrite heart. Will her prayers be answered?

Zainab’s objection, proves useful, as Zaroon, actually, tenders an apology to Kainat ,regards how things turned out between them. Is he being patronising by owning up that she is really a virtuous person? Is he being realistic in confessing that  had he married her,  it would be unfair on his part not to love her. Yes I suspect his words did hurt Kainat. Her eyes may be besotted by him, his brief  pleading grip on her arm, may have given her a brief sweet painful joy.. but she let's the moment pass! 

I loved how she almost tells him get to point! and how can she help?  Zaroon confesses as it is, it's his father’s dream he  wants her to help him fulfil… by influencing her mother Zainab  to reverse her decision.  He even seeks an oath from Kainat, to help him to realize his father’s dream, of regaining his legacy. Now , is Kainat , going to dissuade her mother Zainab ? after all,what’s in it for Kainat ? will this favour for Zaroon’s father, bring her closer to Zaroon?  Zaroon, on the other hand, ignores, the real issue conveniently , that Kainat’s  husband should be the heir.  Have to say, he uses, the right words, that would soften, Kainat; like he knows she would understand his predicament, more than anyone else, at the moment.  Is this genuine? Or he simply pulls the shots at Zainab?  using her daughter, Kainat .

Even Zaroon’s father Mamoon fires, the gun off his son’s shoulder, to realize his dream, of inheriting the Shah dynasty succession.Zainab’s  objection, creates a crater between father and son too.  Like Mamoon loses his legacy owning to him falling out with his father.. Ghazala reminds him,this time, he might lose both.. his son and his legacy!

No wonder Zaroon mopes around, feeling persecuted,by the whole family on account of loving Sultanat.  He once more asks for Sultanat’s support . This time, in the twin case of  his personal dream of marrying her and his duty to fulfil his father’s dream.  Sultanat , advises him, that in the war between duty and love.. its love that often makes the sacrifice.. well! Zaroon better brace  himself for further air turbulence in his flight to achieving dreams..2.5.19 Hamlet53.

I would say,  the episode is a reminder of the back drop of family politics behind this love saga.. thanks for your gracious likes and comments.