Rejecting on the basis of a photograph

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Many people have mentioned that it was wrong of Zaroon to reject Kainaat on the basis of a photograph.

While I agree it was unfair, this is what usually happens in arranged marriage scenarios. Photos are exchanged and both sides have a right to refuse to proceed after that. When my parents were searching for a guy for my elder sister, we all used to sit down and review the photos together. Of course, photos were not the only factor but it was an important one. As a family (including my sister), we selected only 3-4 guys who my sister finally met.

Why was it wrong? Would you say still say it is wrong if Kainaat had looked at his picture and rejected Zaroon as too modern because he is dressed in jeans, assuming she had a choice?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Zaroon had a right to reject Kainat. The only reason viewers didn't accept it is because he fell for Saltanat just by her looks. CVs made it seem like guys are shallow and only like pretty girls.

Madhura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Irshita

Many people have mentioned that it was wrong of Zaroon to reject Kainaat on the basis of a photograph.

While I agree it was unfair, this is what usually happens in arranged marriage scenarios. Photos are exchanged and both sides have a right to refuse to proceed after that. When my parents were searching for a guy for my elder sister, we all used to sit down and review the photos together. Of course, photos were not the only factor but it was an important one. As a family (including my sister), we selected only 3-4 guys who my sister finally met.

Why was it wrong? Would you say still say it is wrong if Kainaat had looked at his picture and rejected Zaroon as too modern because he is dressed in jeans, assuming she had a choice?

Hi Irshita.Well know about the arranged marriage setup. But when you shortlist based on photos, you clearly mention no to guys whom you have rejected and don't keep them in false hopes. Transparency lacked here. Zaroon comes, to just check out, has just one glance at Kainaat, is highly judgemental..and tells to reject the proposal. Now he has got his love Saltanat, like fallen for her but Kainaat hasn't. To play with others emotions is wrong..he could have told it before..he has had issues and his dad didn't allow does not give him the liberty to break the other'heart, he should have showed guts and rejected the proposal in first place..Cos the sadness of being rejected is what Kainaat faced, and not even given a chance.
Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Zaroon came to India to find a reason to say no to Kainaat because he did not have guts to oppose his father. Whether he had met Sultant or not, he was not planning to give a chance to Kainaat. She was going to be heartbroken anyway.

Sanam_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Exactly. I didn’t understand why was he being blamed for rejecting a girl seeing her pic. Why should he even think of giving a chance? What if he still doesn’t like her? Wouldn’t that break her heart? He was clear here that he doesn’t like her.

As of falling in love with S, that’s something I can’t digest. I believe in emotional bonding rather than love at first sight or attractions.

phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Saroon came there to say no to kainat. He had no intention to marry her or even say that he can think about it. His father has told him that his rejection will cost him big time. So he came to india so that he can say that he atleast met the girl before rejecting her. 

When he meets Saltanat at airport he finds her totally different from what her picture has portrayed her. He finds her playing a game with him which excites him to explore the possibility between them. 

He is a selfish man, if there is a way he can fulfill his father's wish and get himself someone who is modern then he will do it. I don't think it's a bad thinking. He is not in love with any of the girl and he wanted a certain qualities in his partner one of which was she should be modern. Saltanat gives him best of both the world. That is why he persues her. 

He didn't fell for at first look at airport. Though his falling was a bit racy it was not at first sight.