A visitor's quest.Does love reign over the universe?

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Hello everyone, I am hammie . Writing about stories that engage me is my reigning love.SPM.. has moved me right from its opening episodes.

The backdrop of faith is positively portrayed, in custom and practice. We see obeisancebeing offered  at the  famous dargah. where devotes enter for prayersupplications. We hear the sound of the azaan, the over whelming dargah, Milad  celebrations for loved ones. Relatives NRI settlers who return home ar last! To their earthyroots.. I sensed the, legitimacy of both varied foreign and motherland valuesand thought patterns. Both hold an interesting diversity of life stylesrevolving around intricacies that lie within familial bonds. As the scenesunfolded before me in the opening episode. My mind too, like many of us beganto form opinions about the characters as they began to appear.

What struck me almost right away were the names of the main characters. Kainat. Urdu termfor the universe itself! Sultanat Urdu term for reign. Last but not the least, Zaroon.Arabic term for Visitor. Certainly a befitting name for the male protagonist,as far as the purpose is concerned. Zaroon is a visitor. Visits his roots with two-pronged intentions. One to find a family suggested wife. A marriage that wouldsolder and renew his fathers severed familial links with their much revered,powerful Sufi ancestry based in their Indian roots. Mamoon covets forrespectability within the home territory. Money and name earned in a foreignland is dull, in comparison to what he can acquire  back home from his spiritual Sufi lineage.Zaroon, his son ,becomes the ideal stepping stone which brings within his grasp, the glory attached to theShahs. For Manoon  , Mainjaan’s proposed alliance between  Kainat and Zaroon becomes an offer to good to resist. For with the alliance comes the fair chance of Zaroon becoming the next in line to Mainjaan’s inheritance..

I loved theway Kainath bursts out of the shelter of her house into the gingerly approaching dawn.. it’s almost as if  she carries within her the values handed down to her by her elders, out into the new approaching day. She celebrates her very existence, with the call to the firstprayer of the day.

I also loved how the creatives used doves fluttering around Kainath to perhaps, refer, toher simplicity; readiness to follow the instructions of her elders, conformityto traditions.  It’s like she believes they know what’s best for her. Serving one’s elders certainly blesses children.For Kianat  learns, as her would behusband is on his way to marry her.Its almost like her future husband is dropped  into her mantle, by gods grace and her elder's blessed intervention.

I loved the scene where Kainath spins herself in utmost joy at the notion of being spokenfor! It's almost as if she lets herself go. Her dreams flutter like the playful flapping wings  of the distracted white doves! The dreams of belonging, of being loved by one unseen man ! her futurehusband!  Make her smile shyly. It’s like her universe, like her very name! makes her turn quite giddy!

It‘s no surprise that Zaroon turns her down, in one look at her photo, bit of a plainJane. At least we known he wants a new age woman, with a mind ,soul and heartof her own. Not the traditional, old school subservient, obedient wife.. Doeshe go for equality in marriage? No surprise, he echoes ideas of where he is born ,bred and educated, in Canada. Still have to give the lad credit, heagrees to visit his mother land. This way he can have a recce , find out, checkout for himself  and comply to hisparents will..

Ah! Here comes destiny!It is meant to be he’llmeet Sultanate  and mistake her to be thegirl in question. Yes she seems to hit it off with him, he bluffs and she showshim around and he discovers , he came to say no to the marriage.. but  he cannot but help say yes. this girl minusthe specs! Is his type. So do looks in the first instance matter to him? Perhapsnot, he enjoys playing the bluff game.. bit devious on his part. Zaroon does itlightly,.but enjoys the company!

Zaroon  is flanked by both. Oneis to his liking , the other is the girl chosen for him, of which  he is unaware. The  train ride also reveals clearly to a discreet,furtive  Kainat  . That her universe is being tampered by herlookalike Sultanat  usual reign! Sultanatalways grabs all which Kianat  fancies.

Kainatappears to grid her loins and fight for her rights! this time the man who holdsthe reigns of the family decisions,Hence  Kainath stands a good chance, after all thevisitor Zaroon  arrives to potentiallywed her!

Zaroon, isfairly determined Sultanat is the girl for him. Sultanate is determined she isnot one to snatch her cousin sisters  beau!She sees him only as a friend.  Zaroon  as events show seems caught now in a mostunusual situation. How can he go against the want of his heart?

In a latest episode, he thinks of the easiest option, come clean with the pious, traditional, universe and veer her to say no tomarrying Zaroon .This way, he will comeout unscathed, as he will be seen as the willing party. While Kainath  will be the one to reject him. he clearly isunder the misconception that Sultanate too reciprocates what he feels for her, andis probably held back because her cousin sister is meant to be spoken for.

The kitchen spate between Kainat and Sultanat  in a recent episode, speaks aloud about sentiments. The calm, docile, dove like  Kainath  fumes like the sizzling hot oil on the hob.Sultanate plays with her emotions, so she concludes. As for Saltanat  she puts out the burning oil by a cool douche of water! literally washes her handsof the matter. I thought, she was rough in her comment about the outdated,orthodox manner in which Kainat ‘s  mother has brought her up. ClearlySultanat  has a broader mind than hercousin. She reckons, a man and woman can share a platonic relationship too..food for thought for  Kainath  I wonder, if Sultanat  really is Kainat’s adversary, as she believes.Or is Sultanat veering her cousin  sister towards taking a reality check? toughening Kainat?

Interesting story, readers.. The bit that moved my heart and soul was when Zaroon,encourages a devotee to enter the dargah by the words, that this shrinetranscends above any one exclusive faith.The Sufi  shrine of Khawaja Ghareeb Nawaz. Here  religion is secondary and devotion primary!  Sufi seeks the contrite devotion of the devotee’s heart and soul..

In the latest episode tension builds up between the cousins over the visitor fromCanada. Kainath is suspicious of Sultanat ‘s sentiments towards Zaroon .to herits evident that her cousins forward manner gives Zaroon  enough reason to be attracted towardsSultanate. Even Sultanat ‘s attempt in arranging a meeting between Zaroon andKainat  is misunderstood by Kainat .Saltanat means well for both Zaroon  andKainat but to the rejected Kainath, it does not seem so..

Tension exists. Zaroon wonders if  the primed Kainat will be the one  to refuse his hand in marriage ,before Mainjaan?  Sultanate tries to smother hertrue feelings towards Zaroon .. she in all sincerity is not one to snatch thevisitor who came to marry her cousin Kainat than her.. Zaroon..is forced to aska pertinent question from the elders of the faith .. according to his faith, ishe allowed to exercise his right as a man,  to choose his wife???

Clearly there exists suspicion for each other between the cousins. Most people havetaken their stances .and what’s more assume all will go according to plan.Mainjaan is convinced his sought after alliance between Zaroon and Kainat  will take place. nothing can go wrong,as bothfamilies are in agreement. He makes an assumption that Zaroon is heeding tomarrying Kainat . yes, the girl’s consent has been sought. However , its onlyfair that Zaroon  acts fast and asks, ifwithin the faith as a main he too is allowed to chose his bride? Of course thecomplexity of the two look alike, yet poles apart Kainat and Sultanat  prompts him to ask the pertinent question.Another  show of human feelings andpanic  is when out of facing rejection byZaroon ,Kainat cuts her finger! The severity of the action mirrors how shefeels about, her dreams  crashing down!she too looks for someone to blame! her forward cousin Sultanat!

Trying outthe ring size is another frantic display of mockery, of how and what Zaroon  really feels for Sultanat and that too rightunder the nose of one patriarchal figure of Mainjaan ! its like Kainatunknowingly  creates the whole sham.Zaroon expected her to refuse, but I don’t blame the girl, what with bothfamilies present! Besides why would she refuse, he really came to ask for herhand and what’s more he was the husband she dreamt about. The regret is thatshe misunderstands Sultanat ,

The trouble is in this case, an alliance or not? far reaching consequences seem imminent  . Mamoon, face shows it all..what the hell ishis son up to! But then again.. is it fair in love and war. Not so for Kainatshe rests her case before god. Only, Saltanat  is not so nasty as Kainat suspects.

I loved the scene, in a previous episode, where  thetwo  girls are with their  respective mothers. Kainat, is well supportedby her widowed mother. Their faith in god and destiny is firm and steady.Sultanat is dead honest about her emotions with her mother.. she makes it clear . Zaroon has come for Kianat not her! well looks like her mother will make herdaughter’s destiny! Familial bonds or not!

However, as we see in the most recent episode, Zaroon realizes, how tedious it is to,refuse his proposed alliance with Kainat. Mind you, prompt thinking ,howeverallows him to chose his bride according to the scriptures. However , there certainly is cold war between him andhis father. Zaroon recognises the significance of father Manoon’s dream. Zaroon wonders about  his dream, of marrying the girl he has fallenfor. It’s interesting to see the business like bargaining, negotiating thathappens between father and son.. can dreams matters of the spirit, the heart  be sorted by some form of sensible reasoning? Zaroon buy’s time to fix awry matters! He reckons he can awaken hisSufiyana love in Sultanat too!

In yesterday’s episode, the splash in the swimming pool, speaks about Zaroon’s intense  desire to cleanse, purify,immerse! Sultanat is  his Sufiyana love. He has twenty four hours to  cajole her into marrying him, so his fathers dream materializes. Like-wise Mamoon, Mainjaan dreams of settling Kainat withZaroon. Zaroon dreams of marrying Sultanat ,and last one  Kainat’s preoccupation, that this visitor is the man of her dreams!

Friends do forgive me for the long spiel!  Would love to receive your feed back. Hellyis brilliant  in her double role. Mehadn’t seen Swargini, currently watching it in UK on Rishtey colors. Rajveer facial expressions seem to impress me. Have seen him  In his previous role ofAbeer.. Zaroon's expressions are generally furtive. .no wonder, because he feels contradictory  to what every one present anticipates . Sultanat I find is bright eyed and alert, she really does not think of her self as a threatening adversary to Kainat. Kainat too,like Zaroon is not coming clean about how she feels threatened by Sultanat . Its nice to see Zaroon’s face break into a smile whenever he is with the girl he fancies. Mindy ou he is rather commonly now beginning to steal glances at Sultanat , who is just plain courteous and considers him nothing more than a rather  hastily found friend. that fate has plonked before her. I wonder if Sultanat ‘s gibes at Kainat  about her upbringing will actually bring about positive results in making the docile Kainat more assertive. Or will it it be Zaroon’s Sufiyana love will do the trick? Have a fantastic weekend.. yet to watch tonight’s episode.. looks like he may have losr the key to the dargah!

Listen, Iam loving the show, The complexities and subtle friction between  the main characters and the plot is engaging. I feel more good stuff is yet to come ! As for me I am warming to our forum.. love hammie ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

velvetscarf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Beautifully observed & written
Hamlet53 thumbnail

@velvet scarf hello mate.. and thanks very much for your encouraging comment.. I needed the go ahead..  love hammie

still got to watch tonight's episode

velvetscarf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
[QUOTE=Hamlet53]

@velvet scarf hello mate.. and thanks very much for your encouraging comment.. I needed the go ahead..  love hammie

still got to watch tonight's episode

[/QUOTEiI loved yr observation about the colour of the doves that's very significant. The character still has potential but her increasingly nasty remarks to sultanat  are beginning to show a v small bitter heart under the piety.
Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hi Hammie :))

How lovely to see you here !!!!!  Remember me from Ishq forum. If not, my DP should , haha. Appreciation for the actor is still on & doesn’t diminish a bit. How are you ??

Anyway thisshow has caught my attention too. And now will be  eagerly looking  forward to your daily musings.

I have yet to read thru’ your post. Just was excited to see you here & jumped in to say hi.

More later....Edit,

As always Loved, loved your write up on the story so far. I learnt something new from this post...meanings of the names of 3 main characters....Universe, The Reign & The Visitor...hmmm, quite interesting . 

I am quite impressed overall with the plot & story so far, the leads are doing a pretty good job.👌 Like you, this is my first of the female lead, Helly & she is doing very well...handling twin roles quite opposite in characteristics is quite a challenge & kudos to her for taking this on.👏 I have watched Rajveer’s other show  & he was quite good as Abeer.👍

It feels so good, ( like old times ) commenting on your post , Hammie.😊

Look forward to your lovely daily writeups ♥️

seebu_s thumbnail

Thank you so much dear for writing such beautiful post. I really didn't understand some points but after reading this post, I did. Credits to you. Will be waiting for your posts.❤️

errumz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Hello dear.

You have written so beautifully about all the characters. I don't even have words to praise your writing.

Please tell me do you have twitter account ? I have shared your post link there, as the show fans are in large number there, so more people can read it and share their views.

I hope you don't have problem,if so please tell.

In this tweet , we have given your post link

https://twitter.com/deeply_s/status/1122018871815237634?s=19

BIaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Enjoyed reading the post. Didn’t know Saltanat n zaroon name meanings. This is a promising show if they continue the same path. Good actors, great performance. Seeing both leads for the first time, liking both. I am very much interested in Kainat, she is the one who is hooking me into the show right now. But don’t see her too much, hopefully she will come to the forefront very soon. I love Kainat and miajan interaction the most.

Hamlet53 thumbnail

hello Mish..of course me remembers you.. its like birds of a feather, flock together! yes Iam still loyal to my first love, Mishal/and writing.. so here I am back after Bepannah.. waited for a show that appealed to me. Sufiyana's theme song, and the ambience caught me and I waited for it to begin and cajole me into writing again.. yes Helly/ Rajveer both impress me,along with the current track. Hoping to do my bit to promote the forum and our show.

AS for you Mish..Ishq  ka rang Sufiyana or loyalty hai.. thank you for always being  here for me

looking forward to seeing you here often.. love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

hello seebu_s, pardon for late reply to your comment. Thanks for your appreciation..Glad you  found my thoughts interesting. Yes seebu, seems I commit to writing about this show.. so will aim to share my views about the episodes as they progress. Have posted my  Friday's musings  also.. do read it when you can,and yes would love to hear your thoughts.. love hammie