Seriously !! Submissive and creepy Ruhaan

pratyay thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

I didn't find any such traits in Ruhaan as of now. C'mon he gave it back to Mishti when she didn't value his personal space (room scene). He never entertained her tantrums. Neither he goes around her like a lovesick puppy nor does he try to take advantage of any situation. Ofcourse he takes advantage of being a PG to silently admire her. ๐Ÿ˜ณThat is harmless atleast for me. Ruhaan doesn't jump to conclusions like Mishti and doesn't use means like mock anger to control his feelings. He tries to be the bigger person in the situations involving the two.  

Remember the engagement incident where Mishti was nervous that Ruhaan might speak about their kiss and how it will jeopardize her equation with Veer. Insteading of voicing it out, she tried to warn Ruhaan by being over rude and dominant. At that point of time also, Ruhaan said "Relax. It was just a kiss. He could understand her fear. I find people saying Ruhaan is PG so he spends more time with family and Mishti and that is why he understands her better. The engagement scene was before he became PG and hence it proves that trait is in Ru's character. Give the boy some credit here. ๐Ÿ‘When she lashed out at her family over dum sharades game and spoke about her parents' broken relation, I think Ruhaan could actually see and understand depth of Mishti's insecurities from there. Another that flower wala incident on road. These two incidents made Ruhaan more empathetic and understanding towards Mishti. Even when she is wrong, he was trying to analyze what is triggering this kind of reaction in her. He is not encouraging her but just trying to not make it worse for her. Submissive is not the appropriate word.

Every relation need not start on the same page. When I see the character graph, I don't find Ruhaan in need of emotional support here. He is pretty much sorted and level-headed. For him, attraction can be the starting point of relationship. Its not wrong. Here Ruhaan is not trying to woo Mishti or manipulate her. His love is one-sided and just wanted to treasure little moments he got with her. The lift scene I think was just a moment he wanted to earn with her. But when he saw how she was getting affected, he backed off. He didn't wish her nor ate cake from her hands. He is not lusty or creepy as of now.  

His relationship with Veer is beyond my comprehension. Veer values Ruhaan, I agree on that part. But I don't think so he should be making decisions on his behalf. As a friend, he can offer Ru to come over to his place after bday fiasco but he can't expect Ru to obey him. Its his choice to take it or not. If I don't agree with my friend or turn down his offer, that doesn't mean I don't value him. When Ru advised Veer to not invite his friends for Mishti's bday, Veer didn't oblige. He felt he was right. I didn't find any fault with Veer and Ru's friendship there. Why people are finding fault with Ru here is beyond logic for me?

As long as Ruhaan stays in his limits and maintains the level of dignity and maturity he has shown so far, for me he will remain as a graceful human being.

Edited by Metis - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haalim thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5
All the characters of this season are judged on the basis of season ist. I think that's why people are not trying to analyse the characters how they should be analysed. Only if the show was a fresh one, people would have welcomed all the characters.
From the ist episode itself people started comparing Veer with Mauli and Ishaan and that in turn resulted in Ruhaan being compared to Nandni. Otherwise the guy is quite sorted. Yeah he was wrong when he opened Mishti's hair without her permission. He's just a human and that was just one mistake and he was called creep and much more.๐Ÿ˜•

TeluguAmmayi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
submissive?

Being Submissive is different from being understanding.

Submissive men will not

1) be arrogant / harsh like Ruhan was to pari when he helped her with her scooty in their first meet.

2) will not go to the girl who kissed him and ran away and question her eye to eye when she was warning him to stay away.

3) Will not warn the girl he likes to be in her limits when she tries to dictate him with her rules like Ruhaan did when she came to his room.

4) will not go back question Misthi for leaving his car and tell her the flowers are not for her.

5) will not stay back after so much insult.

There is a slight difference between arrogance and self respect. Since our TV serials show all Male leads arrogant it is a bit difficult to digest ruhaan.

Misthi asked him to get out. Veer asked him to come with him. Ruhaan preferred to stay back because he dint want to leave with a remark.

If he would have begged Misthi to forgive him, I would have called him submissive. he would have tried to explain himself if he was submissive. He dint. He dint want to.

What did he achieve?

The fire brand Misthi who was always rude to him asked him sorry. She came to him with milk and band aid. She listened to him without saying a word like a good girl ๐Ÿ˜†

I mean imagine the Misthi who has " I know what to do, I can do it myself attitude standing silently listening to his words.

At the same time imagine the Ruhaan who couldn't tolerate a girl blocking his way on the road or crossing her limits and entering his room being patient and trying to understand Misthi.

That's what Ruhaan and Misthi are. They are complementing each other.
They are balancing each other.

When we like some one, when we are guilty of a mistake we tend to be a lot more nicer than we are. That's not being submissive.

Edited by TeluguAmmayi - 5 years ago
Jess_Ru thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh new pyar wala word ruhan...submissive ๐Ÿคช
Don't take it seriously d actor playing ruhan always gets pyar wala words