thedramaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Hello Forum folks! Howdy...

Long time Eh!

I should first put my disclaimer here: I have watched like 2% of the original show. I am allowing myself the liberty to assume that YRHPK is an independent show and not a sequel.

The other disclaimer is that I can watch anything for Zulfiein. Those who know me know whom I am talking about...😳

Right so... What exactly is Abeer doing? Is he Mishti's bade bhaiya? Is he her friend? Is he her shrink? Then why is he giving her free ke life lessons?

I haven't watched 10th Apr's episode... That Paragliding stunt, was cool... verrry easy on the eye... but storywise... what was the point of it? Is Abeer super selfish or what? He needed a partner, and without considering that Mishti had had a head injury and emotional trauma less than 24 hour ago, he drags (read manipulates) her into taking that ride with him!!!! 🤢I get the symbolic reference here. She, in his opinion, needs to let go and live a little. Truth be told, with the romantic inklings he had for her until last week, trying to get her in close physical proximity, creeped me out a little.

He is hell bent on diffusing BigBen's power. I get that. I support that. However, has he reflected on his ways? I totally get that left to her own ways; BigBen will get a Gopi Bahu for her munna. And Kunal, has shown us he needs more than that (with his attraction for Kuhu). However, Abeer has NO idea about Kunal's feelings for Kuhu (I might have missed some story here... but I am sure Abeer does not know that Kunal was attracted to Kuhu). Abeer knows what kind of bahu BigBen wants but does he know what kind of a wife Kunal wants?

With BigBen's history with Ketaki, Abeer knows he needs to watch out for Kunal. He however needs to check with Kunal to be sure Mishti is the girl he might even consider. Kunal is just fixing a mistake BigBen made.

The promo is being played out. Abeer has pushed the shaadi ka mandap out of scene and facilitating Mishti and Kunal's mulaqats... Without acknowledging his own feelings or knowing anything about Mishti and very little of Kunal's choices (unless they show us, why should we assume he knows what his brother wants). I respect that he is trying to stop a repeat of his mama with kunal. But, he is shovelling Kunal's opinion aside. I get that Rajvansh house suffocates him and he finds it hard to be able to live there and needs to blow off steam (and boy is he an eye candy when he does!😳). However, dear Abeer, adulting is hard.

Which brings me on to the Maheshwaris... they need to go and get some foster parenting classes. They want things to happen just by wishing them. No one parents Kuhu except Varsha... Their son plonked this child in Varsha's lap and she is the only one who gives Kuhu what she deserves - attention

Their solution to almost everything is to throw money at it and even that does not work, the money just is thrown around. The expensive room makeover, and phones and parties will not give Kuhu the attention and sensitive handling she needs. Nor will it give Mishti the space she needs. They smother her with love. It is not healthy. I don't give 2 hoots what happened with her dad. They haven't told me so far. All I know is that he blackmails BadiMa and she made a unilateral decision to shut him up with money. Which in fact did not even work. She wants to marry this 21 year old to a complete stranger who is very attached to his mother (who in turn is a very difficult matriarch) but is shying away from telling her the truth about her biological dad. Kuhu and Mishti have a very complex pyar ka rishta with Maheshwaris. These rishte need to be nurtured with a lot of EQ.

I wish the makers stop milking Shaheer ka jalwa and got down on their knees and add some meat to the bones of these characters

Edited by thedramaqueen - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey DQ, how are you. It is nice to see you hear. And very refreshing to read your posts after a long time.
Btw, Abir is part of the Rajvansh family along with Kunal and Meenakshi. And Mishti, Kuhu are all part of the Maheshwari family. ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† . I totally agree with your post. It's amazing. ðŸ¤—
thedramaqueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaavi

Hey DQ, how are you. It is nice to see you hear. And very refreshing to read your posts after a long time.

Btw, Abir is part of the Rajvansh family along with Kunal and Meenakshi. And Mishti, Kuhu are all part of the Maheshwari family. ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† . I totally agree with your post. It's amazing. ðŸ¤—

Hey! 

Corrected! I am watching the other show where the ML is a Maheshwari! schoolboy error
clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing post but way too RATIONAL for this show. ðŸ˜†
Honestly, this rishta exchange crap is so off putting. ðŸ¤¢ We all now MishBir will end up together and it is very awkward to think Kunal will be her brother-in-law while everyone and their dog is trying to set her up with Kunal.

If I were Kuhu, I would be furious at Rajshri. This kind of stuff is just not normal. It's a marriage proposal, for God's sake and not a toy, that you can give to the other sister. 

Rajshri seems to be overcompensating in Mishti's case and totally ignoring Kuhu. Being so much more experienced, it's funny how she seems to care nought about how Meenakshi will treat Mishti after humiliating Kuhu like that. Or maybe it doesn't matter to her 'cause she thinks Meenakshi chose Mishti. Whatever the reason is, she is being extremely unfair to Kuhu, expecting her to be okay with this. Also, they have not shown Rajshri talking to Kuhu about this aka she didn't even make the attempt to know her feelings.

She is a weird grandmother for sure, 'cause she doesn't care about one granddaughter's feelings and knows nothing about the other granddaughter's wishes. Mishti does not want to get married but she and her family are hell bent on convincing her to say yes instead of addressing her concerns. 

All these sanskaari and sabhya parivaars- both the Rajvanshs and Maheshwaris need a crash course in parenting because none of them are doing it right. 
thedramaqueen thumbnail
@clarity, you are right.  The show cant be taken seriously at this rate.  
However, I am prepared to give them a long rope. Reason being, that the families are getting excited.  But Kunal and mishti haven't shown any romantic interest in each other... yet

Bride swap is so ðŸ¤¢
Move_ON thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice post..  Agreed on all points. They need to concentrate on content clarity. 
Shaavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: thedramaqueen

<font color="#ff00ff">@clarity, you are right. The show cant be taken seriously at this rate.</font>

<font color="#ff00ff">However, I am prepared to give them a long rope. Reason being, that the families are getting excited. But Kunal and mishti haven't shown any romantic interest in each other... yet</font>

<font color="#ff00ff">Bride swap is so🤢</font>

DQ,
I agree that bride swap is awkward and makes us question the makers. But that is the main theme of the series, the question that this series is bringing up. In India most of the time the coupling is done based on horoscope matching or the elders deciding the spouse. The people who are supposed to become the couple are neither given enough time to understand each other or decide for themselves.

If the makers had started with the families suggesting the coupling of Abir Mishti and they (Abir Mishti) too has found each other compatible, then it will become like the elders knew what the "right choice for their kids was. Now both families have an assumption regarding the pairing. Rajshri believes that Kunal will protect Mishti and give her that family that she needs. Meenakshi chose Mishti for Kunal assuming that the coupling will never happen. Kunal did not refuse Mishti as he doesn't have any idea what he wants in his partner. Mishti has some idea but is not ready for marriage at this time. The elders are trying to decide for the kids and both these kids want to please their elders.

The theme is that the kids should speak up while the elders should listen. Both the generation have to reach a consensus that neither one is absolutely correct. This whole track is to show that just because a pairing looks good on the outside, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is so on the inside. Kunal and Mishti are not the right pairing in terms of their traits in the long run.

In marriage, the partner needs to both supplement and complement the other. There needs to be a degree of differences in thinking so that you can bring the best ideas. And be the best you can be.

This track is for everyone, including Abir too to realize that you cannot project your decisions and ideologies on somebody else. That the consequences of such actions is disastrous.
thedramaqueen thumbnail
Shaavi 
I agree with everything.  Except that brideswap is the theme of the show.  I didn't see it like that. So far, and esp witn the two phone calls to original show characters, your points are being validated  .

1. The show is about knowing your spouse before entering a relationship.
2. The two generations need to hear each other out 

I still hold hope that these two things can be done without involving kunal and mishti romantically   Families can think what they want.  ðŸ˜²
rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think if you haven't watched the parent show it can be hard to understand the history of the characters. For example today they showed Karthik and Naira talking to Mishti on the phone. If you don't watch YRKKH you wouldn't know who they were and their history as main leads of that show.

Rajshri loves both grand daughters. Kuhu has both of her parents with her. Mishti has her grandparents. Her mother is not in her life and her father is a criminal out of jail that uses his daughter to get money from Rajshri. She doesn't have to worry about Kuhu's safety but with Mishti she knows her father has bad intentions and can hurt Mishti. (accident)

How much does Kuhu know Kunal and vise versa? Just meeting once and checking out each others online profiles is not a reason to fall in love and want to marry a person. Kuhu's thoughts on love and marriage are based on fantasy and not reality. Why is she so attached to him? What she has is a bad crush on him that is not love based on a relationship that will make for a marriage. She needs to mature and get out of her hashtag mode before can think to marry.

Rajshri didn't care for the family after the Kuhu rejection. They hadn't accepted the proposal for Mishti. It is only after seeing how caring Kunal and Abeer are as brothers that she considered that they are not bad boys. She thinks that they are very caring individuals it's just their mother is a control freak.

We know Mishti will end up with Abeer and Kunal with Kuhu at the end so why to worry. Mishti did not do anything to get the proposal. She was just present. It is just a matter of time before Kunal's mom insults her too as she doesn't want to get him married to a girl that has a voice of her own.

For Abeer and Kunal's mother it is all about control and everyone is her puppet to manipulate. Despite that her son's are still very loving and caring people.

I know arranged marriages happen but I will say a girl shouldn't take anything a guy or guys family says to heart. We should understand not everyone will like us and that is ok. There is someone who will accept you for who you are and that is the person that you too should accept in your life. Edited by rose2015 - 5 years ago
Shaavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: thedramaqueen

<font color="#ff00ff">Shaavi</font>

<font color="#ff00ff">I agree with everything. Except that brideswap is the theme of the show. I didn't see it like that. So far, and esp witn the two phone calls to original show characters, your points are being validated .</font>

<font color="#ff00ff">1. The show is about knowing your spouse before entering a relationship.</font>
<font color="#ff00ff">2. The two generations need to hear each other out</font>

<font color="#ff00ff">I still hold hope that these two things can be done without involving kunal and mishti romantically Families can think what they want.😲</font>

I apologize for poor choice of words. I shouldn't have said that bride swapping is the theme of the show. What I wanted to say was that parents assuming that the girl or boy is the right choice for their child without actually asking the child or basing it on their assumption is wrong.

We as audience know why Meenu chose Mishti as opposed to Kuhu. But as far as Maheshwari's are concerned, Meenu chose Mishti because she felt that Mishti is better compatible with Kunal's temperament. Before Kuhu comes, Meenu is shown to question Mishti regarding her likes and hobbies and ending each of Mishti's answers with "even Kunal likes the same things.

It is because of these words that Rajashri is thinking that Mishti will get a mother in Meenu. She doesn't know that it was Abir who brought Mishti to hospital or that Naman is scared of Abir. She thinks Kunal is the one who took care of Mishti and protected her from Naman. Hence Rajshri is convincing Mishti and the family that Kunal is the right choice for her.

Neither of these two moms are paying attention to what their children whom they love so much want. They just assume that they know what is best for these two "achhe bacchhe.