Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
OK,  so I guess almost all of us have started watching the show after Veer's entry in Krishna's life. We all can have different perspectives to watch the show. I am sharing mine. I have watched many shows earlier. Then why I got stuck to this show after a long time. I had watched few episodes in the starting,  I didn't like the concept and the chemistry. As an Indian TV serials viewer,  I look a good storyline and a good chemistry which I didn't find in the old KCL. Now,  after Veer's entry and his face off with krishna increased my curiosity towards the story line. A guy who lives in London who hates India because of his bad past and a girl who wants to be a doctor and comes from a typical Indian town,  I loved their first face off when after getting bullied by veer,  she gives him an awesome reply,  which made him feel something strong about that girl,  although,  he kept on thinking about her. I love when two strong headed people meet and how their lives take a new turn. What was more interesting that these two people knowingly and unknowingly were responsible for their grief and pain. One unintentionally killed other's husband and one destroys one's career. Two broken souls again meet in india,  who were responsible for each other's miseries , suddenly started becoming each other's strengths. Started bringing happiness into each others lives and now ended up loving each other. Although,still veer doesn't know he was actually responsible for Krishna's misery and I would love to watch how that incident changes their lives again. How they would fight their feelings again,  how they go through that pain again which broke them much earlier?  How to broken souls would again become one. 
Second,  chemistry,  I love the chemistry,  not many intimate scenes are there till now,  but still,  chemistry is natural,  nothing looks forced. Even without intimate scenes,  we could see the chemistry,  which is natural and pure and that made I guess hooked to the show more. Especially,  that of jungle track was executed so well,  their friendly talks and their concern for each other. 
Third,  dialogues,  such beautiful lines,  when veer proposes Krishna and also when he says to her during the haldi about not taking radhe's place. 
Fourth, Hero who doesn't get manipulated like in other typical shows by the vamp or even his mother. He doesn't care about the society,  he just cares about the girl he loves. 
Fourth,  social issues,  from female infanticide,  widow remarriage,  superstition,  domestic violence,  every issue has been raised and executed properly with good messages to the audience. 
Fifth,  no unnecessary drama,  every plot is executed so nicely,  no much rona hona,  and a strong female lead character ,  who knows how to fight for someone's rights. During the jungle track , before she was shot , she showed her intelligence while getting into the car instead of crying and sulking about how to get saved from the goons. She just became a great support of veer instead of becoming a burden like in most TV shows is shown , where a guy always helps girl,  but here it wasnt the case. . 
I hope,  makers keep us hooked like this .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

annx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you Renee for your post. After your post, I decided to write why I am watching this show. 

Around a year ago, June last year to be specific I moved back from abroad. Moving back was the hardest decision I had to make, though I didn't have much of a choice. 

My mother is a star plus person. She watches star plus from 8:30 onwards till 10:00 and beyond. Kulfi was her favourite show and for the longest time, I have followed YRKKH. So every day I would go sit with my mum in her room and we'd watch Kulfi and then I'd wait for YRKKH. Since KCL was the middle show and I had nothing better to do, I would watch it. Although at times it used to get pretty annoying. 

I shall never understand why do ITV have to show dramas with an uneducated man or woman marrying an educated man or woman. Why? Even if that is a sad reality, show TV not promote matched relationships and not unmatched ones. Sath Nibhana Sathiya was one example. Pratigya was another one. And the shows don't end with getting married, but ending up falling in love with the uneducated person is what irked me the most. Probably because I don't think I can EVER compromise on education when it comes to relationships. That's like the first thing I look at. 

Anyways, coming back to KCL. So it was a mismatched relationship and I was liking the fact that Krishna, despite all Radhay charms was not really falling for her. Yes, she was trying to make her relationship work but then falling in love and making a relationship work are entirely different things. Krishna was married, forcefully, but married. She didn't really have much of a choice. What started to annoy me when she started falling for Radhay. That just annoyed me and I stopped watching KCL. But since my mother's routine didn't change, except that Star plus now started at 8:00 instead (since KZK 2  was added in the list), I didn't have much choice at not watching for long.

By the time I started watching again, Krishna was heading towards London and I was happy. I was hopeful that she'll fall in love with someone her equal and get out of this forced marriage somehow. My wish was granted, though in a completely different way. 

Veer captivated me. This hard angry young man told a story of his own. And I wanted to know what the story was. And Krishna, this young amazing talented girl who loves speak her mind and stand for the right, was there challenging him almost all the time. I so wanted them to fall in love. I knew somewhere they would. My interest developed. And then we all know how it went. 

Krishna is a super strong girl, but over the years I have seen so many strong girls shows that I am not tired of it. Be it Prerna from KZK 1, or Gopi, or Akshara, or Pratigya, or Ishita from YHM, or those girls from Bidhaai, the list goes on... I wanted to watch a balanced show. A show where the dude is equally strong headed and the leads take the show forward together. And this is what the show is giving me NOW. Krishna can stand up for herself, yes, but in the real world, there are instances where even the strongest person needs someone, and that someone for Krishna is Veer. He doesn't portray her as weak but adds to her strength. And probably that is one thing that made Veer fall in love with Krishna. 

Since the London track began, I think the story has just been improving. This is probably the kind of story I look for. There are so many interesting things that this show is pointing at. One of which is how a widow is usually treated or expected to behave in our society, even today! 

I think what keeps me so engrossed in this show is not only the storyline but also the characters. I have fallen in love with Veer and Krishna. I kind of understand almost all the characters. And I love the story. I love how all the tracks are so interrelated and how none of the track feels out of place or detracts the original story.

I just hope that they don't disappoint me now... 
Thabassum19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Great post renee and Aneeqa ...you girls nailed it ...
There is nothing left for me say 😆...
The reason why I started watching KCL was offcourse i wanted to see the doctor portrayed by KV ...
While watching from London sequence I started to like megha...
She is amazing...
And the story from there so far is good ..
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is my first post on this forum. I used to watch Kcl in the beginning and it was hard hitting on many notes, even though I never grew on to like Krishna-Radhey as a couple but more as friends considering Radhey had the boyish charm to him and Krishna always looked mature than him making them an odd couple (just my opinion) I liked how he supported her against his family circus. But I feared if this show would end up being like all those shows like Diya-Baati, Pratigya where there was literally nothing common between the guy and the girl. 
I stopped watching TV completely after Bepannah ended. I have seen Karan Vohra in Mehek, I followed that show in the beginning but lost interest later. 

There are only few good shows right now-few on Sony and then KCL. 
I watched Kcl in Jan where Veer was accused of medical negligience and had no idea on how he would become a potential suitor for her, until they killed Radhey abruptly which was totally unexpected. 

Just saw an episode 3 days ago and a clip on insta of Veer proposing Krishna with the ring when my sister was watching it on TV, liked the chemistry between the two and got hooked. Covered all the episodes since Veer's entry in a night to catch up with the plot. Despite it's multiple plotholes like how fast Krishna got her degree and somethings here and there and cliche moments, I liked it. It's not the best but still better than the most of the shows out there. The makers of the show are not dragging unnecessarily and buildup is good. 

I like Veer's dialogues on how realistic they are and how they should be in todayvs world. He is just trying to make a place for himself in Krishna's life without replacing anyone. And it is always wonderful to watch two equals paired together with some common qualities to match. He is complementing Krishna, he is not being a typical hero  saving a damsel in distress but someone who adds strength to Krishna's side of struggles. He considers her as equal, as good as he himself is which is not usual sight on ITV to see. He is confident of himself and of her through knowing her facing her struggles on her own. There are times Krishna stand for herself but there are times when she fails to do it and that's where this man comes into picture. They complement each other by suppporting each other in their struggles, like true companions. Krishna did it for Radhey as well and he did it for her too but we all know Radhey wasn't the best suited, that was more of trying to make it work with whatever they had.
With Radhey, there was compulsion to make it work, with Veer it's a choice. With Former she lacked that passion and just reached the stage of mutual understanding where they could stand and respect each other for what they were but with Veer there is a pull, a passion and an attraction that was evident from the very first scene they did together.

Radhey was good in his own ways but not good for Krishna, this woman always deserved much better than him and his family and he knew it well and even acknowledged it which made him brave man who doesn't shy away from admitting what he lacks and what other person truly deserves.
Veer makes Krishna acknowledge that she shouldn't settle for less and deserves the best just like he does. And that's what makes their relationship beautiful.
From friends with Radhey to lover with Veer lies the growth of Krishna and also portray shades of men-women beautifully woven with some hard-hitting subjects still haunting this society. 

So, this show was always good and better than the many shows airing on TV at present but Veer's entry certainly made it better with the chemistry they have. I badly wanted Krishna out of that circus house and Veer will provide that with a more mature couple to watch. 
tranquilmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Renee, Aneeqa & Asya(?) very well written. Most of us have nothing more to add, you guys covered all the points 👏👏👏.
Thabassum19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Arshi-asya ..
Welcome to the forum buddy...
You wrote the characterization...of leads ...very beautifully...
Edited by Thabassum19 - 5 years ago
Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: annx

Thank you Renee for your post. After your post, I decided to write why I am watching this show. 

Around a year ago, June last year to be specific I moved back from abroad. Moving back was the hardest decision I had to make, though I didn't have much of a choice. 

My mother is a star plus person. She watches star plus from 8:30 onwards till 10:00 and beyond. Kulfi was her favourite show and for the longest time, I have followed YRKKH. So every day I would go sit with my mum in her room and we'd watch Kulfi and then I'd wait for YRKKH. Since KCL was the middle show and I had nothing better to do, I would watch it. Although at times it used to get pretty annoying. 

I shall never understand why do ITV have to show dramas with an uneducated man or woman marrying an educated man or woman. Why? Even if that is a sad reality, show TV not promote matched relationships and not unmatched ones. Sath Nibhana Sathiya was one example. Pratigya was another one. And the shows don't end with getting married, but ending up falling in love with the uneducated person is what irked me the most. Probably because I don't think I can EVER compromise on education when it comes to relationships. That's like the first thing I look at. 

Anyways, coming back to KCL. So it was a mismatched relationship and I was liking the fact that Krishna, despite all Radhay charms was not really falling for her. Yes, she was trying to make her relationship work but then falling in love and making a relationship work are entirely different things. Krishna was married, forcefully, but married. She didn't really have much of a choice. What started to annoy me when she started falling for Radhay. That just annoyed me and I stopped watching KCL. But since my mother's routine didn't change, except that Star plus now started at 8:00 instead (since KZK 2  was added in the list), I didn't have much choice at not watching for long.

By the time I started watching again, Krishna was heading towards London and I was happy. I was hopeful that she'll fall in love with someone her equal and get out of this forced marriage somehow. My wish was granted, though in a completely different way. 

Veer captivated me. This hard angry young man told a story of his own. And I wanted to know what the story was. And Krishna, this young amazing talented girl who loves speak her mind and stand for the right, was there challenging him almost all the time. I so wanted them to fall in love. I knew somewhere they would. My interest developed. And then we all know how it went. 

Krishna is a super strong girl, but over the years I have seen so many strong girls shows that I am not tired of it. Be it Prerna from KZK 1, or Gopi, or Akshara, or Pratigya, or Ishita from YHM, or those girls from Bidhaai, the list goes on... I wanted to watch a balanced show. A show where the dude is equally strong headed and the leads take the show forward together. And this is what the show is giving me NOW. Krishna can stand up for herself, yes, but in the real world, there are instances where even the strongest person needs someone, and that someone for Krishna is Veer. He doesn't portray her as weak but adds to her strength. And probably that is one thing that made Veer fall in love with Krishna. 

Since the London track began, I think the story has just been improving. This is probably the kind of story I look for. There are so many interesting things that this show is pointing at. One of which is how a widow is usually treated or expected to behave in our society, even today! 

I think what keeps me so engrossed in this show is not only the storyline but also the characters. I have fallen in love with Veer and Krishna. I kind of understand almost all the characters. And I love the story. I love how all the tracks are so interrelated and how none of the track feels out of place or detracts the original story.

I just hope that they don't disappoint me now... 

Completely agree,  you explained it so well as always. 😊😊