Yeh Rishte Hai Stereotypes Ke!

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi there! 

This show has started off well- its USP is definitely Shaheer-Rhea as Abir-Mishti. I didn't expect much when I heard of their casting but their chemistry is soulful and stirring. Full marks to the background score- it is amazing. I hope their chemistry when they officially meet remains this way. 

However, I have to say that this show has ALL of the trappings of a TRP show. Its helmed by Rajan Shahi, so my expectations are low af. I probably won't hang around for long but for now, I will follow it. 

I found a lot of things that were cliched and overdone- 

Opposites attract- Age old trope of seemingly opposite personalities finding love together. Despite being the older sibling, Abir is the free spirit- wanting to break free and fly. Mishti is the ideal daughter- a topper for whom family comes first. However, they're united by their shared grief  over being abandoned by their parent(s). Similarly, Kunal, the younger brother is more of an 'elder brother'- responsible, serious and can't see anything wrong with his mother. Kuhu is the chatterbox who acts and then thinks- total romantic and sometimes bratty. Each person has been paired with their opposite. 

Two sisters marrying two brothers in the same household- Indian TV would have you believe all siblings marry into the same household. ๐Ÿ˜† So, Kuhu who anyway hates Mishti will marry into the same household so that the CVs can continue Yeh Rishte Hain Nafrat Ke between them. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Kuhu feels Mishti eats into her share of happiness at home, so naturally, they will be pitted against each other at their sasuraals too. Kuhu will continue to be jealous of Mishti who will become everyone's favourite bahu. So predictable, I tell you. 

Rupal Patel is playing Kokila Modi...again. ๐Ÿ˜† At this point, I don't see the difference between BigBen and Kokila Modi. She is the well-meaning matriarch who rules with an iron fist to protect her family from hurt that she has experienced in the past. The only difference could be if BigBen manipulated to achieve something for herself, but it seems like she mostly cares about the family's happiness. 

Love triangle/quadrangle? I just hope they don't have Kunal and Abir like Mishti at the same time because Kuhu will certainly kill her then. ๐Ÿ˜› Kuhu already is quite awed by Kunal and will clearly be into him while I don't see Kunal that interested in her (at the beginning). He will probably marry her to appease his beloved mother. 

Comparison between sisters from the same family Clearly, Mishti is the righteous one while Kuhu is the designated bratty sibling. This is probably the part which I am bored of the most 'cause how long will Indian TV sell this sister vs sister crap? ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ  I feel the CVs also insert characters like Kuhu to highlight how great the lead is but it's a tired and lazy attempt at creating drama. 

Has Rhea brought the Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji cast along? Is Bhabho a part of her family? I am put off by the casting of Kuhu's parents too. The actors are doing their part but from which angle do they look like her parents? If they hadn't explicitly stated it, I would have thought they were Kuhu and Mishti's cousins. ๐Ÿ˜•

Shaheer has been the star performer for me. I thought this character was gonna be similar to his first role as Anant in Navya. While they do have their boyish charm in common, Shaheer is really acing it as Abir. He is believable and entertaining. Rhea is doing a good job too. 

However, I only expect the family drama to increase with time, 'cause I suppose the production house as well as the channel definitely expect great TRPs from this show. 

I wonder if they will ever do a crossover with YRKKH. What will they call it? TV's own mahagathbandhan. ๐Ÿ˜† Yeh Rishte Pyaar Ke Kya Kehlate Hai. 
Edited by clarity - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preethik thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Excellent questions but only time will tell!
Loved the mahagatbandhan' bit.
Watching for Shaheer only. Will see how the plot pans out.Edited by preethik - 5 years ago
Move_ON thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I too felt the same.  The main reason  i am watching this serial is Shaheer  and Rhea and Both are justifying it. 
Let's see how it will turn and keep me intersted and how long I can watch this.
adoreyou thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This is actually a great post ๐Ÿคฃ
I am here for Shaheer but I am well aware thay I won't be sticking around for long. 
RapChick101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Rupal Patel is always playing Kokila Modi๐Ÿคฃ
D-uude! I love your post.

It is stereotypical in most of it's storyline (from what it seems to be rn) but I love the chemistry between Abir-Mishti and Abir-Kunal. It is pretty endearing.

One thing I find hilariously dumb is, how does the Maheshwari fam not realise that Kuhu-Mishti aren't all goody-goody and amazing to each other?! -_-
jasleen-tsmsp thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Hey, great post!
I guessed early on since this show was announced that it will probably turn into a typical saas-bahu-nafrat drama as it goes on... after the I-dont-want-to-be-forced-into-marriage issue is nicely shown and resolved they'll have to resort to the same old family dramas again. I came here for Rhea and I'm liking her character so far so who knows, maybe I'll stay on. 

Ps- there is a slight difference in Ripal Patels character that Meenakshi is a bit cunning... I dont think Kokila was... but ofc eventually she too will "reform" I guess.

Pps- Bhabo was there only for the promo I think 
vijisridhar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 5
๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ
Haha marvelous, am sure you have really spilled out many of forum-wasis thot process. "Mahagatbandhan cracked me up. 

Like you rightly pointed, , many here are for Shaheer.  Never expected this much Rona-Dhona in the second episode itself.  Yes, even am sure this Kuhu character will be used for going cuckoo' from time to time to "spice up the proceedings as the CVs will tell us, obviously for TRPs.

Anyway, I don't want to become judgemental so early, keeping my fingers crossed as Shaheer has signed up for something different, I want to giive that benefit of doubt. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Btw, who is Kokila Modi  Edited by vijisridhar - 5 years ago
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Kokila Modi was the matriarch Of Saath nibhana Sathiya ,a very famous Saas Bahu Saga Of Star Plus. 
By the way nice post TM..agree with all you said.

I fear I am not able to see Rupal Patel playing Kokila Modi again. No difference at all. though she is trying hard by changing her make up. No use. I still hear Aham Tikara And Gopi Bahu ring in my ears whenever she opens her mouth.

I wish the makers should have opted for a new actor to play that part here. That would have been better.
mahi246 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
All the actors and producer said big big words in the show launch so thought the show will be youthful love-story between two couples whom are very much contrast from each other but sorry to say after start the show now it's nothing but the same saas-bahu show even someone said it will turn " saath nibhana sathiya " type after marriage saas with one Mahan bahu like Gopi (Mishti) other one is jealous bahu like Rashi (Kuhu) aur in saab ke bich romance festival and melodrama๐Ÿ˜†
sangeeta_helios thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mahi246

All the actors and producer said big big words in the show launch so thought the show will be youthful love-story between two couples whom are very much contrast from each other but sorry to say after start the show now it's nothing but the same saas-bahu show even someone said it will turn " saath nibhana sathiya " type after marriage saas with one Mahan bahu like Gopi (Mishti) other one is jealous bahu like Rashi (Kuhu) aur in saab ke bich romance festival and melodrama๐Ÿ˜†

it is love story and most there is concept without knowing her or his life partner only after one meeting  or without seeing how can you say yes to for marriage for  marriage it is neccsary to know about life partner please do not make conclusions and onlywatch the show for sometime than decide