Views

Users

Frequent Posters

davis56 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

FIVE WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL

PART ONE: THE FIRST WEDDING

1.1-   GOOD TIMES ARE HERE

"Do you remember how it all started? the girl with brown hair asked.

"I think it started with Yudhi bro's wedding the muscular man said.

"Yeah,I think so too the girl replied.

_

"Finally Satya almost yelled.

Satya and Arjun were standing at the entrance of their college which had been their regular habitat for the past two years. Arjun just rolled his eyes at his overdramatic best friend.

"College is over. Can you believe it? Satya asked.

"Yes, I can cause you have been screaming about it since the last two hours Arjun replied.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop. Satya replied

"OMG, look at the time. I need to be at the airport in an half an hour to pick up the guests arjun panicked "Quick get in the car. I'll drop you home on my way

"Oh no drop me at the office. I promised Yudhi bro I'll come take a look satya replied

"Fine but you both be back home by the time the guests arrive arjun said.

Said.

"Oh we would surely not be late to meet mister arjun's greatest cousin satya teased him

"Hey, you haven't met him arjun tried to defend himself

"But I soon will and then I'll see what's so great about him satya said

"You definitely will arjun replied confidently

Both of them got into the car and the whole ride consisted of the two bestfriends singing to songs and laughing.

Arjun and satya had been bestfriends since childhood. They had been next door neighbours since Arjun's family had to move in next to her house due to his father's death and his uncle's so called act of helping them. Satya's father, Rajat varma had helped Arjun's family financially in the time of need and had also helped them open their own business. Though when Satya was 12 her father had to shift to London as he had found a really precious gem taking his business to great heights but also inviting a lot of threats and risks and hence he had to shift leaving a young satya in Pritha's care. Since then the Mehtas had become satya's family. Though she had a huge house of her own she spent most of her time in the Mehta house with the Mehta brothers and Pritha. But satya spent her every summer in London with her father while the Mehtas went to their uncle's house by the beach. But this summer was different. This summer Yudhi, the eldest Mehta, was going to get married and a destination wedding was planned by Naksh and Dev the youngest members of the family. Everybody was looking forward to it.

_

"Look at the view satya exclaimed.

Yudhi just grinned in reply.

"Remember when this was just a dream satya asked Now look at it

"It still feels like a dream yudhi said.

"The office is flourishing and you are getting married satya said " Good times are here

"Good times are here yudhi repeated.

Both of them stood there for a while realising how their hard work and dedication had given them such a good result.

"C'mon we don't want to be late for the guests yudhi finally said.

"Oh yeah. Arjun will kill us if we are late satya realized.

Both for them returned in time. The guests had not arrived. The guests actually meant Arjun's cousins Ram, Madhav and Maya and few others of whom satya knew nothing of. Satya decided to stay in the kitchen and help pritha, she didn't want to interact much with the guests as she didn't know them well. Soon a lot of noises filled the house which meant the guests had arrived. The whole evening satya had interacted with only one person which was Maya .She was the sweetest girl satya had ever met. She was so bubbly and charming. Satya couldn't help but admire her. When they were young Satya always sensed that Arjun had a crush on her but when they reached college she realized his crush on her had faded. Satya was seriously worried about Arjun. Their whole teenage life he had only few relationships which didn't interest him much. She wondered if there was a perfect girl for him. Maya and satya got along well and spent the whole evening talking until satya left because she was feeling her eyes aching for sleep. Satya was a deep sleeper and was constantly reminded by Arjun about their 5 am flight.

But still she slept till late thankfully Arjun had a key to her house and tried to wake her up.

"Go away" satya yelled

"C'mon we are going to be late" Arjun said

Still satya slept unbothered. An idea struck Arjun's mind. He took his phone and played one of Amitabh bachan's song which was Satya's favourite. He knew satya couldn't resist and he was right. Satya leapt from the bed and started dancing and pulled Arjun in too. After 5 minutes Satya felt active and went to get dressed.

After half an hour when satya was waiting for the car outside the Mehta house she stumbled across a pair of brown eyes. The most attractive eyes she had ever seen. It took few seconds for her to realize that she was staring right into the eyes of Arjun's favourite cousin Madhav and didn't know whether to smile at him or not and started feeling awkward but thankfully was saved by bheem asking for her luggage.

"He is kinda handsome and attractive "satya admitted to herself.

Satya had always a silly grudge against him cause she always felt threatened by how close he was to Arjun and the Mehtas and she was tired of hearing Arjun speak about how great he was all their childhood and had decided no matter how great he was she wont fall for his charms.

The plane journey was long and consisted of Naksh and Satya constantly teasing Bheem and Dev laughing while Arjun sat next to Madhav and was discussing joyfully. Until they finally reached.

Edited by davis56 - 5 years ago
davis56 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Author's note-
This is story is based on the mahabharat characters. It is a modern yet totally fictional version of it. This story is not meant to offend the epic or anybody's religious or emotional sentiments.
This story is from the character satya's POV though not directly because there are some parts of the story where she wont be present but the parts are important for the story. The first chapter is an introductory part and the real story starts from chapter 2. I am not sure if there are people who would like to read this. So if you want me to continue please do tell.
Edited by davis56 - 5 years ago