Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
The way our Indian marriages are defined and designed, the girl is supposed to uproot herself from her parental family completely. She is supposed to mold herself to fit in completely with her husband's family. She is supposed to let go of her family name and with that her beliefs and traditions and embrace her husband's family name and traditions.

In the first episode, during the first meet of Abir and Mishti, this concept was shown beautifully. When Mishti stops Dev from falling down, he remarks that she is "holding(thaamna) him and he is ok with that. While she responds saying that all she did was "balanced (Sambhalna) him.

I feel this is going to be how their relationship is going to be. She is broken and he is hurt. He has family around him who make him feel like he is an insider in the family. He has people whom he can call his "own (apna). But for Mishti, she feels like she doesn't have a family. The elders consider more of a responsibility than that feeling of her being their own, that sense of "apna. He will help her by supporting her while she balances him from being that wanderer. She is going to bring him back to his family. And he in turn will give her a family that she can truly call her own, where everyone is her "apna.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
For a change i would like to watch a love story rather than how family matters are fixed..lolzz how a girl.is expected to fix the boys family issues and how she is the epitome of patience n ready to adjust and suck up to all the elders ..have had enuf of it in ye rishta..it was handled really well during aksharas time but not naira and kartik...i am do done with battling conservatism..mostly they just cant balance it out, it gets so depressing.. So i'll be glad if this sambhalna and thamna happens between the couple..how they become each others suppprt system.. 

Beautiful post my friend..i loved your description of sambhalna vs thaamna..
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Shaavi
To some extent I feel the same way like Charu did. The Sambhalna part was already done with in Akshara track in Yeh Rishta..and that time I liked it even..but again if they repeat it with Mishti solving problems..it will be boring for me..rather they should explore the love story more leaving family behind to some extent..otherwise Abir's mother ( famous as Kokila Modi) will dominate every episode and every scene. So I want Abir to solve his problems himself and Mishti by herself ...I want to watch a love story this time.
Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The Rajvansh family reminds me of the Dina Pathak family in the movie Khubsoorat(1980) starring Rekha and Rakesh Roshan. In that movie Dina Pathak is a total disciplinarian but loves her family very much too. Rekha comes there to her sisters sasuraal and realizes that the other members of the family are not that happy. She sets out to help the family members express themselves even though it is behind Dina Pathak's back. But when the time comes, she is the one who follows the rules to nurse Ashok Kumar to health. She helps bring a balance between rules/discipline and free expression.

I feel like this series is heavily influenced by that movie from what I have seen and from the interviews that I have watched and read. I am not saying she will solve every problem as from the beginning they showed role reversal. It is will not go the conventional way. What I meant was it will be Abir who right now is running away than facing his mom who will take a stand. And she will be the reason behind it. Right now he finds it easy to just walk out than take up the responsibility of the elder son of the family. He disappears with no contact with family. Kunal is the one who brings him back every single time. Mishti will give him the reason to come back to home. She will support him, while he gives her an opportunity to express herself freely. She right now finds it hard to reveal her inner feelings. She thinks too much before saying or even feeling anything. He helps her to come out of that conventional boundary and spread her wings and fly. Give life to all her dreams.

In the movie, in the end Dina Pathak does accept that the totalitarian regime is not right. That she needs to stop being the controller. I feel the only person that Mishti is going to help directly is Meenakshi. We don't know why her husband has left the house as yet. It will play a very important role in these 3 people's lives.