Toral Rasputra to play the lead in 'Udann' post leap

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
The actress is all set to become the new lead in Udann, after replacing Meera Deosthale as Chakor. Meera had quit Udann, as she did not want to play mother to a grown-up. We asked Toral, if she has similar apprehensions, too. The actress said, "In television, you can't escape playing a mother at a younger age. I can understand why Meera quit because for her, it would have been too soon in her career to play a mother. In fact, when Balika Vadhu took a leap, I was also not sure if I could play a mother, but I agreed. In 'Mere Sai', too, they have described my relationship with Sai as a mother-son bond. This has been happening on TV for a long time and most actresses have to accept it. I am happy that I got to play an iconic character like Anandi ('Balika Vadhu') and now, I will play another iconic character Chakor ('Udann').

The actress is, however, quite clear that she won't play Chakor the way Meera portrayed the role. "Meera had her own strengths and I have mine. It will be a challenge to play Chakor because Meera has already established the character over the years. I enjoy playing such roles, and I have already informed my decision to quit 'Mere Sai', to the makers.

On the personal front, Toral, who ended her marriage of five years, last year, is single. Ask her if she is open to relationships and she replies, "Why not? Who does not want to be in love? But I am single at the moment and not looking for a partner. I am happy in my space and focussing on good work. I feel the most important thing in finding a soulmate is compatibility and understanding. Communication goes a long way in any relationship. It is also very important to know the person well before you take the plunge. I have left everything to destiny, love will happen when it is meant to. As of now, I enjoy my time with my little niece. I feel there is nothing that replaces spending time with family.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LuvSSever thumbnail
Tfs ammu...
just now I posted in that mahasangam news thread,that hope chakor is written off and not replaced by new actor .

Ok...atleast some solid news we got. Meera exit within few epis is confirmed now. can only be relieved on that aspect.

once she leaves, I will exit udaan too. all the best to their New chakor and New udaan.

let me fly from it when meera exits.

but i am just wondering, with these Trps , they are ready to continue udaan and roping in new actor as lead too but didnt wanted to give chance to Raghav-chakor track or MeeJay without a leap ,a month before.

Edited by LuvSSever - 5 years ago
nemo316 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Amrutha

It's great that Meera will exit soon. I would've liked if they'd exit Chakor too, but even makers and channel know that Udaan can not exist without Chakor.

IMO the show is doomed anyways and it's good that Meera will distance herself from it.

For me Udaan ended when the leap happened, the current show has nothing to do with my Udaan.
nemo316 thumbnail
Only yesterday I was watching Sukor first holi mahasangam and it included this actress as Anandi. I think she'll play Chakor like she played Anandi, a calm mother figure which isn't what our Chakor is, Chakor is much more.

They should've replaced Meera right from the start, no need to torture her for a month.
LuvSSever thumbnail

Originally posted by: meshmesh

Thanks Amrutha

It's great that Meera will exit soon. I would've liked if they'd exit Chakor too, but even makers and channel know that Udaan can not exist without Chakor.

IMO the show is doomed anyways and it's good that Meera will distance herself from it.

For me Udaan ended when the leap happened, the current show has nothing to do with my Udaan.

Thats a true fact Mesh. we are no more attached to udaan after  this leap happened, i was just sticking to chakor scenes due to meera, when she exits, all ends.

she exiting soon is the happier news we got ..may be wish we get the news of exact day too soon..

And yes without chakor, udaan cant exist, so the way story progressed, i knew in back of mind that chakor will be replaced though I dont want it to happen for real.

And this new girl quitting her previous show for udaan which is hitting bottom already? by the way Mere Sai and udaan have same trps right? same time slot too right

LuvSSever thumbnail

Originally posted by: meshmesh

Only yesterday I was watching Sukor first holi mahasangam and it included this actress as Anandi. I think she'll play Chakor like she played Anandi, a calm mother figure which isn't what our Chakor is, Chakor is much more.

They should've replaced Meera right from the start, no need to torture her for a month.

after leap, udaan isnt udaan, chakor's traits are forgotten, so who cares how new chakor is.. its totally a new serial now with just udaan name after meera exit.

Exactly if replacement was only in mind, why to torture her and us for a month.
they could hv done this before. but they wanted the old fans to catch leap epis , thats why they forced meera to continue i think. or maybe took time to finalise new chakor

nemo316 thumbnail
Yes, Mere Sai and Udaan are in the same time slot and their TRPs are close but Mere Sai is doing better compared to Udaan because Sony dramas don't get high TRPs. Mere Sai is near the top in Sony.

I guess her character in Mere Sai is a supporting one, Chakor will be second lead (at least that's what they'd promise her). Also, maybe Colors pays better than Sony.
Ruby7 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing 
Good news, this is

i agree with you mesh, the makers know udaan cant run without chakor, so replacing meera is best option

wishing Meera, all the best for her future ventures,

wishing toral all the best too, i liked her anandi

BeeSandy thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't know how to react to this news. I'm just glad Meera will be out. I too wished they ended Chakor also. Anyway, I don't care about this show anymore. I will always picture Meera when I think of Chakor. She played the character beautifully. And it was a pleasure watching her grow leaps & bounds as an actress. 
sumsukor thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

thanks for sharing this news.

One thing I am happy is that Meera will be out of this show but I am extremely sad that Chakor is being replaced, Chakor is Meera and Meera is Chakor.

Another thing, if Chakor is replaced, this confirms that there will be no bringing back of Raghav. 

for Anjor to fly Chakor is grounded.