mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Kareena Kapoor is a notable example of poor career choices. When she started her career, she dared to do few different movies which were character driven (e.g. Chameli, Dev etc.) However I feel the lukewarm response to these movies made her wary of such roles.

Despite of being lauded critically for these roles, she felt disappointed due to commercial failure of these roles. She seem to made a conscious decision of focussing on big budget movies with big stars. Getting these roles weren't a problem for her, given her family connections and she did one such movie after the other, where she wasn't able to leave any mark. 3 Idiots, Bodyguard, Singham Returns, Ra.One and Bajarangi Bhaijaan are few of the examples of such movies. She got lost and unnoticed in all of these big budget movies.

What I feel is she has lost the drive to do roles which would leave an impact. She still has the charm, looks, and talent - but her choice of roles in recent years is disappointing.

Thoughts??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
I think Kareena in 3 Idiots was a good performance. Much better than some actresses in other movies even if they have more screen time ⭐️
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
she had the most drive when she was struggling.dared to do something different..when she peaked out with JWM..instead of broadening her range..she did tashan and golmaal returns..and.since then she has barely had any strong roles and the few strong ones she had were heavily criticized like heroine
It's called age factor. Actresses stop getting meaty roles after a certain age if they are not good enough in acting, and heavily rely on their beauty. Your favorite DP will also meet the same fate. 😆 Oh wait, she has already started on that track.😆Edited by Luna46 - 5 years ago