Importance of rudeness

looseseal thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Do you think losing your temper at your bully is bad? Do you think that even if you are fighting for you rights or fighting against some kind of oppression and abuse you need to maintain your civility all the time? 
I ask this because recently much have been said and researched about bullies and their background and how we need to be nice to them because they are only mean and harmful because they are suffering themselves too. While I agree with it to some extent, I do not believe that someone should be universally or eternally damned for some mistakes they did. But I am not convinced that the victims of such bully are expected to be calm and collected and civil all the time. I have witnesses that; mostly in cases of bullying at school and in family, when the bullied finally loses their patience and and fights back people tend to point finger at them. They bring up the typical point: if you behave like them whats the difference between you and your bullies? Is there really no difference between a bully who is bullying and is rude simply because they think the other person is weak to fight back and a person who after months or maybe even years of bullying has had enough and fights back? Does the bullied have to maintain the utmost politeness even then? 

On more relevant level, we can witness this on an international level: when anyone points out wrong doings of Trump for example, Trump, a bully at a presidential level,  and his minions point out how rude the media is. The recent example of the "f**k you" incident. They have president who has been openly awful about everything and yet a "f**k you" from a senator(?) seemed to be more offensive to many. Is the senator really as bad as president? Was what she did more shameful than what the president has been doing? 

Edited by looseseal - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: looseseal

Do you think losing your temper at your bully is bad? Do you think that even if you are fighting for you rights or fighting against some kind of oppression and abuse you need to maintain your civility all the time? 

I ask this because recently much have been said and researched about bullies and their background and how we need to be nice to them because they are only mean and harmful because they are suffering themselves too. While I agree with it to some extent, I do not believe that someone should be universally or eternally damned for some mistakes they did. But I am not convinced that the victims of such bully are expected to be calm and collected and civil all the time. I have witnesses that; mostly in cases of bullying at school and in family, when the bullied finally loses their patience and and fights back people tend to point finger at them. They bring up the typical point: if you behave like them whats the difference between you and your bullies? Is there really no difference between a bully who is bullying and is rude simply because they think the other person is weak to fight back and a person who after months or maybe even years of bullying has had enough and fights back? Does the bullied have to maintain the utmost politeness even then? 

On more relevant level, we can witness this on an international level: when anyone points out wrong doings of Trump for example, Trump, a bully at a presidential level,  and his minions point out how rude the media is. The recent example of the "f**k you" incident. They have president who has been openly awful about everything and yet a "f**k you" from a senator(?) seemed to be more offensive to many. Is the senator really as bad as president? Was what she did more shameful than what the president has been doing? 

Very good topic and 

Bold - Great way to make the thread a hit
looseseal thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Very good topic and 

Bold - Great way to make the thread a hit

Thanks. Is Trump very infamous in here? 

btw what are your views on this? 
TotalBetty thumbnail

Thanks. Is Trump very infamous in here? 

btw what are your views on this? 

Yes very infamous

Until recently, any topic in BW forum, people couldn't make a post without mentioning him

I thought that's slowed down a bit, then I saw this post 😆

Anyway I am no expert in this topic but to answer your question

They say " Don't wrestle with a 🐷

You get dirty and it enjoys it

But Bullies never back down unless taught a lesson

So if avoiding them is not possible 

they need to be taught a lesson without  becoming a p*g ourselves 

Easier said than done 😊

looseseal thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Yes very infamous

Until recently, any topic in BW forum, people couldn't make a post without mentioning him

I thought that's slowed down a bit, then I saw this post 😆

Anyway I am no expert in this topic but to answer your question

They say " Don't wrestle with a 🐷

You get dirty and it enjoys it

But Bullies never back down unless taught a lesson

So if avoiding them is not possible 

they need to be taught a lesson without  becoming a p*g ourselves 

Easier said than done 😊

oh sorry I  didnt realize it.  Didn't mean open the healing wound 😆 I just thought if I gave a relevant example, people might understand what I meant. 

I agree with rest your opinion of course. The first approach should always be civil, but as the saying goes laton ke bhoot baton se nahi maante...so desperate situations need desperate actions. Of course you should still not lose your humanity and basic decency but I feel that we expect too much forgiveness and patience from the victim.
looseseal thumbnail

Originally posted by: NeedHotDayanGf

I was rude to girls for simple reason because silly Indian shows that show girls like rude guys. But reality was different.  Learnt hard way. Unless u r blessed with chris hemsworth looks. 

Also I get nervous publically , to hide it I become rude. But when women r around me I am rude and arrogant.. But trying to change to mix myself

Never trust indian shows, or any shows for that matter. 

But at least you recognise that you have a problem and you are willing to change that. Thats always the first step. I wish you all the best. 👏

TotalBetty thumbnail

oh sorry I  didnt realize it.  Didn't mean open the healing wound  😆 I just thought if I gave a relevant example, people might understand what I meant.

I agree with rest your opinion of course. The first approach should always be civil, but as the saying goes laton ke bhoot baton se nahi maante...so desperate situations need desperate actions. Of course you should still not lose your humanity and basic decency but I feel that we expect too much forgiveness and patience from the victim.

No probelm @looseseal

Don't be so hard on yourself. 😉  I assure you no harm done 

You can talk about Trump, his rudeness or his any other thing in any post anywhere, it's fine by me 😊
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

You should have kept the focus on bullying and how best to deal with bullies. But because you dragged in Trump, I can't tell if you are just another liberal suffering from Trump derangement syndrome here to bash Trump under some made up pretext. If you don't think liberals are big bullies themselves, then you either lack critical thinking or you are just plain biased.
looseseal thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

You should have kept the focus on bullying and how best to deal with bullies. But because you dragged in Trump, I can't tell if you are just another liberal suffering from Trump derangement syndrome here to bash Trump under some made up pretext. If you don't think liberals are big bullies themselves, then you either lack critical thinking or you are just plain biased.

But is anything I said unture? Isn't Trump rude? Maybe you could have said Trump is also just reacting to bully media, maybe he is also done with liberal media... but you would rather pass on judgement on me being dumb or biased. 

I clearly said that it was mere a relevant example, clearly I was trying to illustrate a case. Other two members seemed to have understood it. They talked about rudeness, only you seemed to be upset about the Trump.  And funnily, you didn't even answer the actual question, which I even underlined  (that means thats the important part). 

Edited by looseseal - 5 years ago
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well, he's not glib like Obama, that's for sure. He is coarse and unpolished. But if you don't want it to be about Trump, then stop talking about Trump and steer the topic in the direction that you want it to go.

Are we talking about bullies in the schoolyard or bullies at work place or bullies at international level or anything goes and this is an all encompassing topic? I ask because we may need different tactics to deal with different types.