are bollywood actors on par with hollywood actors?

sania349 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Are they on par with hollywood actors? I am talking about mainstream bollywood actors.
for example,
in actresses you have kate winslet, jennifer lawrence, emma stone...young actresses who can be compared to actresses like deepika, priyanka, etc
actors..ryan gosling, bradley cooper, leornado dicaprio, etc

obviosuly films are different, but in terms of acting..are bollywood actors more or less talented?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

J3601 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

only god ones are Aamir khan, Hritik roshan 

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

See it all depends on the script they get. Give Leo and Ryan Gosling shitty Bollywood scripts and we can  judge how well they do with it. 

Hrithik Roshan sabka baap hai -  be it Bradley Cooper or Tom Cruise or Rosling or Leonardo 😎. 

Kaash he was born in West and not stuck in Bollywood. Hollywood actors dont pull down each other like they do here in Bollywood. People can flourish there without any fear of underworld or dirty politics. 

Edited by ThunderLight - 4 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

hrithik would kill it in HW..

he is also often called braadley cooper here..both are extremely fit and good looking

so yep..some like him are

but they obviously have not gone there out of choice..or else i bet HR may have several offers from HW..but not everyone wants to become a C grade HW actor..better to do good work in home instead

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Depends on director. Some are really good . Hollywood is less forgiving they always try to extract the best out of the actors. Bolly directors are intimidated of a-listers and allow them to get away with their hamming. One strict director with a whip is all it takes to bring our actors pahaar ke niche.

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Well I agree with the popular opinion here. I too believe that HR would have done quite good for himself in HW. I don't know if he is driven or not like PC. How I wish HW would explore beyond American and British actors and Australians too.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The desi guys they show in American movies/shows are not good looking 

We rarely get to see even an average looking desi guy 

What part would Hrithik play? He doesn’t have the “ looks” or  â€œexpression” that Irfan has

Also which nightclub frequented by whites has an Indian guy as their main attraction like they showed in KNPH

maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Performance wise, Aamir is better than the likes of Bradley Cooper or Ryan Gosling.. he is on equal footing with the greats of HW.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Hollywood is overrated. 

Give that level of money to Indian writers and they will write baap of game of thrones. 

If we can send Mangalyan in less than budget of Interstellar or Avatar. 

Imagine if paid well what we will be capable of...

I know apples and oranges comparison but both are fruits.