Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crispsy thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
They didn't nominate "The hate U give" in any category. I didn't follow only because of this reason.
Chasa thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I cant believe they gave Green Book best picture.. Way too much politics involved in the academy for Best Picture. Still hate them for the Dark Knight snub. It should have been The Favourite or Roma.

The performances were really good though. Rami Malek was a very deserving win. Christian Bale was a close second. Expected Glenn Close to win but Olivia Coleman was also fabulous so no complaints there.

I wanted All the Stars to win although I knew Shallow would take the cake. Also can't believe they chose First Man over Infinity War for Visual Effects. The bias is real! Damn you academy! 
Still happy for Marvel that they brought home 4 oscars.

Though this wasn't the best oscars,I feel it was more deserving compared to some other years.
Chasa thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

To be honest, Oscars have been in freefall for a very long time now. The awards have no logic or credibility. 

They have been flailing to balance political correctness with quality cinema. Musicals are appreciated only when they are super white or super-pretentious. They are clueless about how to recognize the superhero and fantasy fiction genre that mints big money at the box office but doesn't please snotty old farts at the academy. 

Oscars and Bafta are the only awards with credibility and maybe NA(kinda less tho) 
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Chasa

I cant believe they gave Green Book best picture.. Way too much politics involved in the academy for Best Picture. Still hate them for the Dark Knight snub. It should have been The Favourite or Roma.

The performances were really good though. Rami Malek was a very deserving win. Christian Bale was a close second. Expected Glenn Close to win but Olivia Coleman was also fabulous so no complaints there.

I wanted All the Stars to win although I knew Shallow would take the cake. Also can't believe they chose First Man over Infinity War for Visual Effects. The bias is real! Damn you academy! 
Still happy for Marvel that they brought home 4 oscars.

Though this wasn't the best oscars,I feel it was more deserving compared to some other years.

Agree with everything you said! Like 100%!

Rami Malek was genuinely the most deserving out of the lot. The first Arab American to win an Oscar for Best Actor. 👏 Really amazing. I have been a fan ever since Mr. Robot's first season aired. 

And OMG I was expecting Infinity War to win over First Man. Seriously they messed up with that one. 

There is always bias with award shows but this year majority of the awards were given to the most deserving candidates. 

I have to mention that social media went cray cray after Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga's performance. Like everyone seems to believe they are an item or something but I honestly don't see that happening lol. They are just good at their jobs aka acting and singing. 😆 
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Rami Malek is one eighth Greek 

Hope that didn't put any damper in the show
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Post Martem ?

Yeah Oscar is a dead show with a stinking carcass

Never heard of most of the films that win these days 😆😆
Chasa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Basilisk

Agree with everything you said! Like 100%!

Rami Malek was genuinely the most deserving out of the lot. The first Arab American to win an Oscar for Best Actor. 👏 Really amazing. I have been a fan ever since Mr. Robot's first season aired. 

And OMG I was expecting Infinity War to win over First Man. Seriously they messed up with that one. 

There is always bias with award shows but this year majority of the awards were given to the most deserving candidates. 

I have to mention that social media went cray cray after Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga's performance. Like everyone seems to believe they are an item or something but I honestly don't see that happening lol. They are just good at their jobs aka acting and singing. 😆 

They held hands and stuff during movie promotions and they look good together so people assume they are into each other. And recently lady gaga broke up with her bf so ppl have more reasons to ship them. Tbh, I think they share a platonic relationship although sometimes I feel lady gaga does have a crush on him. I mean, who doesnt! But bradley is really faithful to irina and they have a child together and he seems really happy and content so there is nothing to worry about.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Reportedly Spike lee had a Kanye West moment during the show

Although he didn't take the stage like the rapper, he was visibly upset when Green Book won and didn't try to hide his reaction

He was clearly furious, got up and walked toward the back of the auditorium in a buff

When he came back he turned his back to the stage during the speech 

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Are you people here satisfied with the wins?
Didn't follow the show this time.. and yet to watch almost all the films that've been nominated and won.. I have seen only Bao..