The Philosopher's Corner - Can goodness in us ever disappear?

ThePhilosopher thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello,

I have been a fan of Adaa since her acting in Behenein. She has done some considerable roles over the years. Be it positive or negative, she seemed to have nail every role she has under taken. Although I do feel like there is a lack of quality content in this show, she seems to be still doing her role well.

I understand myself as a philosopher. One who aims to explore the world I find myself in through understanding my own perspective, as well as those which lie outside of me. I have always been particularly intrigued by concepts like goodness and evilness. There seems to be no one objective definition. All people seemingly characterise it differently.

Indeed, the title of this show is basically posed like a question. We can perhaps rephrase the title as "whether Sitara is evil or good - this is supposing that vish correlates to evil and Amrit correlates to good. I could be wrong, but feel free to enlighten me. Then, again my interpretation is still one of the way we can see it.

I am a little puzzled with the recent development of Sitara. We know that she had good upbringing by her father, although he chose to not disclose an important aspect of his and Sitara's life. The other day when Vrinda's sister asked why did Vrinda not disclose the full story to Sitara. Vrinda said that this was because there is still some goodness left in Sitara. Which would obstruct her in becoming like them. Of course, as Vrinda expected Sitara has become revangeful and is almost on a spree to captivate everyone. But, in acting this way has Sitara come out being an Amrit and become a Vish? Is it possible that she has no longer any goodness in her? Supposedly, our actions define who we are. Therefore, it may be possible to argue that her actions of captivating people and putting them through some pain defines her as a bad being now. However, what if we saw her actions as an act of loving her mother. She is obviously doing this way to make up for her loss. She feels betrayed and feels sympathetic towards her mother and her aunts. Could her intentions make us inclined to believe that actually she is not a bad person, but rather a good person who believes that there is a need for justice. Is she a daughter that is an Amrit acting to bring justice to those she feels have been ostrichised. Does her intentions change the way we perceive her actions?

We saw her talking to the Goddess and she apparently shows some regrets of her actions and of her life story. She clearly has some real doubts about her intentions to Viraj. We see that she has set out to find out the truth. Clearly, she is not entirely guillable or else, she would have heeded to the words put in her ears by her family. I think that from this point onwards she will continue to protect Viraj because we know her snake will save him from the attack from the other snake.

Undoubtedly, we can all be manipulated insofar we do not reflect on our own hunches. Sitara obviously is considering the gut instinct she feels at all instances with Viraj. And she set out to find out what she should do in her own way. So, she hasn't lost her mind, her capacity to make her own choices and judgements to her Vishkanya family.

I know the show probably won't last long on air. The show needs gripping circumstances and good execution. But, I think I'll stick with the story of Sitara and see that eventually she will use her powers for the good. Whereby she will change the definition of Vish in Vishkanya's and portray that a Vish can also be seen as an Amrit. Also, that goodness in us never disappear.

Kind Regards,
IbbyEdited by ThePhilosopher - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhakarn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very good post
Yes , whatever sitara is doing she is doing it for her mother , trying to make up doing Justice to her which she thinks she deserves ... She just found out she is a vishkanya, her mother is alive, kept captive along with her maasis n ofcourse tortured all along by the raajparivaar n rajguru... She is bound to react... But sadly she is being manipulated n lied about here too , by the same mother n maasis for whom she is even ready to kill... 

I think the makers are running too fast with the story now , seeing the show isn't fetching the desired numbers... A lot should be blamed on directors for not doing enough to capitalize from the good concept n good actors... Execution isn't good... It's lacking some where

ThePhilosopher thumbnail
Exactly! They had a good concept. Unusual and out of the ordinary. They just didn't know how to make it work I suppose. What a shame!
ThePhilosopher thumbnail
And I think it was at the beginning when they dragged it far too much!!
telecritic thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The pace of teh shownis fine. It was never slow, initally they showed the other of RajParivaar members attacking plan to get Ratan & his assets , Each vishkanya came out to get the things starihhten with the Raja but failed so they used theirbtrumph card Sitaara.
They have blended the mystical side and reality well.
Viraaj has always questioned Vishknaya's existance RajGuru cover up
Kuldeep keeping his daughter in false note abt her mother.
Reality checks were done from time to time
Now Sitaara has lots on her plate the creators are showing exactly how real life Vish distruction mond set of evil can be made Pure amrit values and virtures which is the true winner of Peace and Sanity

Great flow if you analyze and also the characters are bringing a lesson each time.
Pace now turns to how poison can just captivate as a volatile way but the slow Amrit can balance it piggybacking.