Maunal shouldn't happen for anybody's sake - From A fan of Shakti

Madhu_Scarlet thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
A lot is being said and assumed thanks to the flip flop game the writer is playing with us! But I personally feel Maunal shouldn't be the end game no matter what. Not for the kids, not for the chemistry Shakti and Aditi share(personally I like aditi with Shakti more than with Kinshuk). Colors have this habit of showing EMA as one of the most casual and common things that can happen. EMA is literally forced upon the viewers. I was a hardcore fan of Bepannah and Adiya. Adiya were flawed but they ended up showing the Poosh were so righteous and it was the fault of Adiya that they ended up in an EMA. People blamed and accused Adiya mercilessly and worst thing was they accepted that they were at fault. In Bepannah, Aditya and Zoya were the leads, so many beautiful scenes between them made us forgive the rubbish track but we didn't forget. Mauli is as flawed as Adiya, but their flaws aren't so big that you can have an EMA, especially playing a hide and seek. KuNan could have come open with Mauli, Kunal could have explained her that the marriage isn't working, and left Mauli in a more dignified manner rather than showing him doubt Mauli. If the writers really wanted us to see Kunal as a lead, why did they mess up his character big time?

Post leap, honestly I started liking Kunal the father. He and Pari share a beautiful bond and I absolutely adore that. After this entire accident fiasco, I want him to apologise Mauli for being so insensitive to her. NOT for the EMA, that would make the whole show even crappy. I don't want him to regret being with Nandini, he should regret hurting Mauli so brutally. He can continue his love for Nandu and Pari, stay with Dida and Radhika, have cordial ties with Ishaan Mishti and Mauli.

But Maunal is big NO for me, as I really like Shakti. Already Kunal is a sick character, making him regret Nandu will make him even pathetic!Edited by Madhu_Scarlet - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Madhu_Scarlet

A lot is being said and assumed thanks to the flip flop game the writer is playing with us! But I personally feel Maunal shouldn't be the end game no matter what. Not for the kids, not for the chemistry Shakti and Aditi share(personally I like aditi with Shakti more than with Kinshuk). Colors have this habit of showing EMA as one of the most casual and common things that can happen. EMA is literally forced upon the viewers. I was a hardcore fan of Bepannah and Adiya. Adiya were flawed but they ended up showing the Poosh were so righteous and it was the fault of Adiya that they ended up in an EMA. People blamed and accused Adiya mercilessly and worst thing was they accepted that they were at fault. In Bepannah, Aditya and Zoya were the leads, so many beautiful scenes between them made us forgive the rubbish track but we didn't forget. Mauli is as flawed as Adiya, but their flaws aren't so big that you can have an EMA, especially playing a hide and seek. KuNan could have come open with Mauli, Kunal could have explained her that the marriage isn't working, and left Mauli in a more dignified manner rather than showing him doubt Mauli. If the writers really wanted us to see Kunal as a lead, why did they mess up his character big time?

Post leap, honestly I started liking Kunal the father. He and Pari share a beautiful bond and I absolutely adore that. After this entire accident fiasco, I want him to apologise Mauli for being so insensitive to her. NOT for the EMA, that would make the whole show even crappy. I don't want him to regret being with Nandini, he should regret hurting Mauli so brutally. He can continue his love for Nandu and Pari, stay with Dida and Radhika, have cordial ties with Ishaan Mishti and Mauli.

But Maunal is big NO for me, as I really like Shakti. Already Kunal is a sick character, making him regret Nandu will make him even pathetic!

true...😊
looseseal thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

But Maunal is big NO for me, as I really like Shakti. Already Kunal is a sick character, making him regret Nandu will make him even pathetic!

This would indeed be the perfect ending. 
prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

oh ho ho. where were u girl.. 
thanx for this post.. 
i always thought where r shakti fans , like proper shaktians.. 

i always wanted their views on this.. 

same feelings here.. ! i havent seen shakti's previous shows but saw his episodic of ptkk and was floored hy his performance.. 
i always wondered why couldnt they give him some shades of grey.. ya toh he is white ya he is black.. 
anyways now i really wish kunal to get a hold on his twisted mind..  he shouldnt degrade his love for nandini at this point of time.

i wont be surprised if he gets a scolding from mauli if he says nandini was just an attraction.
this will ruin him forever..!! 
and i dont want that..
i would love to see him realise that mauli and he can not be together not bcz he doesnt deserve her but bcz he still loves nandini and has nothing for mauli.. 
it would be even more great to see that he is feeling bad to see mauli moving on as he is alone in life.. that way he may repent by realising this and accepting this and backing out he will be redeemed for me at least..

at least for the first time he wont act selfish.. !!

yes maunal is a big NO No for me too.
sancheeta thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Thank you Madhu for making this post!

And trust me, Shakti is the only reason that makes Kunal a little bearable to me.
Whatever Kunal had said and done to Mauli preleap was cruel to say the least. People here believe he must have always loved Mauli even after he was married to Nandu and KuNan had some imaginatory problems in their marriage and he had definetely realized his saccha pyaar is only Mauli and not Nandu. Kab bhai? Kab dikhaya yeh sab to the viewers for us to believe? 😕 Matlab kuch bhi assumptions to sail the ships 😕 Kunal had never even hinted such a thing.
Didn't Kunal say that Mauli is just the padaav, and not manzil. His manzil is Nandu.. didn't he also say that Mauli might have only been his best friend and he mistook it for love? I don't want to get into what all cringeworthy things he had said.. point being why did the writers give him such dialogues to say if they were planning to backtrack later on? His saccha pyaar was not saccha enough and it was all just an attractive mistake?Just a physical attraction? How is that not going to make Kunal's character look all the more shallow, if they plan to get MauNal together? And where will this leave Mauli's character? What kind of juzzbaat are the writers trying to shove us down with? 🥱
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I was a hardcore fan of Bepannah and Adiya. Adiya were flawed but they ended up showing the Poosh were so righteous and it was the fault of Adiya that they ended up in an EMA. People blamed and accused Adiya mercilessly and worst thing was they accepted that they were at fault. In Bepannah, Aditya and Zoya were the leads, so many beautiful scenes between them made us forgive the rubbish track but we didn't forget. 

Looks like you didn't watch the show till the very end...they actually redeemed Zoya's character in the end when she confessed to Aditya that it was completely Pooja and Yash's fault for their EMA - Zoya admitted in hindsight that those two had an affair and left Zoya and Aditya to pick up the pieces of their lives and make sense of why it happened. 

It was actually a sigh of relief for the entire fandom, who up till this point, was never able to get over the pak ristha track initiated by Zoya but that one scene where she admits it all made up for everything.
ritzbitz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I love your post so much! I was a huge Bepannah fan and never missed an episode of it! I started watching it before Silsila (in fact I tuned into Silsila the first time when Zoya and Aditya made a guest appearance and then went back and watched Silsila from the beginning). 

One thing that I always appreciated about Bepannah, was that two points were made clear consistently:

1.) That Aditya-Pooja and Yash-Zoya did have a broken marriage/relationship first and the EMA came after. (I.e. Aditya didn't take interests in Pooja's interests like poetry, he didn't want a child, etc. and Zoya was naive with Yash and could never tell he was stressed about his business).

2.) The EMA was wrong, even if they had broken marriages, and Yash and Pooja should and could have tried sitting their partners down and having an open discussion with them instead of resorting to cheating. This point was repeated over and over in so many scenes. 

Comparing that to Silsila:

1.) Maunal were shown to have the perfect marriage. Which is why after the EMA secret broke lose, I remember Kunal telling Nandini something must have been broken in his and Mauli's relationship for him to have reached this point, but where was it? Writers and creatives never explored this angle. That is why this EMA was a really hard sell. Because it was never explained or made sense of. In fact Kunal would always says Mauli was a good wife, and again, just say he him and Nandini were meant to be - i.e. divine love (compared to Bepannah EMA where they showed in detail via Pooja's diary what led to the affair).

2.) Bepannah, for me, was about EMA being wrong and what happens afterwards and how to pick up the broken pieces and learn to love again (an angle I hope they take with Mauli-Ishaan). Silsila was and always has been promoted on the fact that love is love, when it happens it happens, you can't control it, divinity, etc. Which I agree to a certain extent. Love is love, sure you cannot control your heart. But you can control your actions and how you handle the situation.
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Nice post.Agree with everything you said.
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Everyone always says they want Kunal to apologize but then when he does we all ignore it. I know I do. Obviously he is sorry he hurt her. He maintained from day 1 he wronged her and he is sorry. Sorry doesn't cut it when you do such a bad thing. 
I want natural progression for the story and I want characters that to me feels like stayed true to who they are. This Mauli with Ishaan who in the last few days had to be told a billion times what to do by either his mom or him doesn't seem like the real Mauli I know. Mauli pick up the phone, Mauli go out, Mauli go talk to your daughter, Mauli change, Mauli go to work. I don't care if she reconciles with a man who broke her heart. Did I initially want Kunal and Mauli?Absolutely not. But I have seen people put affairs behind them in real life and I think Mauli can too. In fact she already did before the leap. It needs to be seen whether Kunal can. Mauli should be with the person who she loves, who she is truly happy with, who she is herself with. But the problem is that person needs to feel the same way about her. If Kunal can get there then I am all for it. 

MauNal ending benefits all the important characters of the show except two at the moment. Mishti and Kunal. I think those two will come around because right before the accident Mishti's heart started melting toward her father and Kunal started to show feelings for Mauli. 
poiu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

Everyone always says they want Kunal to apologize but then when he does we all ignore it. I know I do. Obviously he is sorry he hurt her. He maintained from day 1 he wronged her and he is sorry. Sorry doesn't cut it when you do such a bad thing.

I want natural progression for the story and I want characters that to me feels like stayed true to who they are. This Mauli with Ishaan who in the last few days had to be told a billion times what to do by either his mom or him doesn't seem like the real Mauli I know. Mauli pick up the phone, Mauli go out, Mauli go talk to your daughter, Mauli change, Mauli go to work. I don't care if she reconciles with a man who broke her heart. Did I initially want Kunal and Mauli?Absolutely not. But I have seen people put affairs behind them in real life and I think Mauli can too. In fact she already did before the leap. It needs to be seen whether Kunal can. Mauli should be with the person who she loves, who she is truly happy with, who she is herself with. But the problem is that person needs to feel the same way about her. If Kunal can get there then I am all for it.

MauNal ending benefits all the important characters of the show except two at the moment. Mishti and Kunal. I think those two will come around because right before the accident Mishti's heart started melting toward her father and Kunal started to show feelings for Mauli.

If it was just an affair it could be given a thought. What was shown pre leap was not an affair. It was huge , the entire KunNan phase, divorce,then subsequent marriage. A happy marriage for 4 years with a child post which Nandini died.

I have seen wives forgive their husband for an affair but yet to see an ex wife getting back with her ex husband when such a lot has happened.Edited by poiu123 - 5 years ago