Viraj & Prarthna - Finely etched characters

StrangeStories thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I have taken quite a liking towards the characterization and interactions between Viraj and Prarthna in this show. They are quite the opposites, but also have some shades to their personality that makes them quite similar, which is really interesting to watch.

Prarthna can come across as being a bit too uptight, cold and even rude at times, but in the same breathe is also focussed, hard working, and independent. She will chide Viraj when needed, but will also appreciate him for the work he does well. She calls him irritating and often talks about wanting to get away from him, but will also go to his house to make sure he eats home cooked food and will even watch out for his bartans being stolen 😆. But more than Prarthna, I love Viraj's character.

The best thing about Viraj is that even though he is presented as being talkative, hyper and goofy at times, he also has a mature, responsible and hard working side to him. On the one hand he may prance around Prarthna in the office, but on the other hand this does not impede his ability to complete the work expected of him. His childish antics in front of the robbers in recent episodes made him look silly, but he also had the smarts to contact the police and get them sketched, with the possibility of getting them identified. I really like how he doesn't take being his father's son for granted, and even though he has used his contacts to get certain things done (eg, borrowing money from Sitaram, getting the lousy house owner to apologize, saving Prarthna's job etc), he still is attempting to live his life away from the riches. And even though there is immaturity in his behaviour at times, he also has the wisdom and emotional quotient needed to support Prarthna in her most vulnerable moments, like when she ran into her ex or when she has been at the hospital caring for her brother. There is no single focus on one trait, and it really feels like the writers have put time into fleshing out his character and giving his personality some definition. The one tone happy go lucky characters are so done to death, so its nice to see a character with all these varying shades.

Plus at this stage, it is really nice to see how they are laying the groundwork for the pair of them. They are low key adorable and there is definitely something more on Viraj's mind for Prarthna because his protectiveness towards her is very endearing. The writing of this show is on point at the moment, so I wish the writers continue to do justice to these character and pan out their story in a great manner. Looking forward to seeing more of Viraj and Prarthna over time :) Edited by DeepShadow - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sakhile thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely analysis.  They complement one another well. He is such a quirky looking guy, but makes it hard to ignore him. He's sweet and caring. Just pity that there is going to be big heart break when his truth is revealed.
StrangeStories thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sakhile

Lovely analysis.  They complement one another well. He is such a quirky looking guy, but makes it hard to ignore him. He's sweet and caring. Just pity that there is going to be big heart break when his truth is revealed.

So true. Not telling Prarthna the truth about himself is not entirely his fault, just the nature of his current situation, but Prarthna will definitely hold it against him. However, I do trust Viraj to be able to work it out somehow, because abhi bhi he gets an earful from her for most things, and still manages to handle it ðŸ˜†
Sakhile thumbnail

Originally posted by: DeepShadow

So true. Not telling Prarthna the truth about himself is not entirely his fault, just the nature of his current situation, but Prarthna will definitely hold it against him. However, I do trust Viraj to be able to work it out somehow, because abhi bhi he gets an earful from her for most things, and still manages to handle it  😆

He will in the end manage it, but she will be hard but to pacify. Bohut papad bhel ni padega, Khadoos Madam kon manane keh liye. ðŸ˜† Edited by Sakhile - 5 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Lovely analysis on Viraj & Prathana by you, @TM! 😃
I'm watching this show only for their love story. 😳
Not at all interested in Meghana & Bindhu's story nor their journey..Edited by Swetha-Sai - 5 years ago
StrangeStories thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sakhile

He will in the end manage it, but she will be hard but to pacify. Bohut papad bhel ni padega, Khadoos Madam kon manane keh liye. ðŸ˜†

I personally cannot wait to watch Prarthana's reaction when she finds out his true identity. She will surely give it to him left, right and centre. It will be interesting to watch what happens to the story after that point, because this is currently the main bone of contention in their track. 
Sakhile thumbnail

Originally posted by: DeepShadow

I personally cannot wait to watch Prarthana's reaction when she finds out his true identity. She will surely give it to him left, right and centre. It will be interesting to watch what happens to the story after that point, because this is currently the main bone of contention in their track. 

True, the story should heat up very fast thereafter.
Serielwatcher thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Very good analysis. You are lucky he shared your post on his insta story.
Ps: I am Arsh I watch this seriel in new zealand
StrangeStories thumbnail

Originally posted by: Serielwatcher

Very good analysis. You are lucky he shared your post on his insta story.

Ps: I am Arsh I watch this seriel in new zealand

Thank you! And who shared the story on insta? Sahil who plays Viraaj on the show? 😃 ... That's so nice of him! Wish I had seen it! :(