Dastaan-E-Mohabbat to go OFF AIR

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

BollywoodLife has exclusively heard that Colors' popular show Dastaan-E-Mohabbat: Salim Anarkaliis all set to bid adieu to its fans. The historical saga was expected to break all the TRP records since its announcement. With a promising cast comprising of TV's most popular heartthrob Shaheer Sheikhplaying a historical character as iconic as Prince Salim, the viewers were in for something big on screens. However, the show fizzled in its initial few days itself. The series was expected to open with record-breaking ratings, however, it didn't. Soon the channel started interfering with the production house and the producer. The issue became so big that the network even decided to take the step of changing the production house from Writers' Galaxy to Contiloe. Anirudh Pathak, the head honcho of Writers' Galaxy tried his best to retain the show and he was successful in doing so. However, sadly, the loyal fans of the show won't be able to see it anymore, as the daily is all set to shut down.

A reliable source reveals to BollywoodLife that after a lot of brief meetings and discussion, the GEC has decided to pull the heavy budgeted show off air. Apparently, the channel is not impressed with the declining TRPs of the show and as a result are in no mood to even give a chance to the producer. "The slot of the show has been changed to 11.30 from December 31, due to the release of new shows. However, BollywoodLife has learnt that after airing for four days on the 11.30 sot, the show will shut down. December 4 is the final day of the telecast for the series.

Despite repeated attempts showrunner, Anirudh Pathak didn't revert to our messages and calls.

The two shows replacing Dastaan-E-Mohabbat: Salim Anarkali are Gathbandhan and Kesari Nandan. Well, it is quite shocking to know the show getting axed as it was garnering better ratings than the recently launched supernatural dramas Tantra and Sitara.

Dastaan-E-Mohabbat: Salim Anarkali, was the fictional tale of Salim and Anarkali played by Shaheer Sheikh and Sonarika Bhadoria.

What is your reaction to the show being axed?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
I am Juhi. I was previously in Life Ok Chandrakanta and Prithvi Vallabh forums and now in Aladdin forum. I watched this show here and there for time pass or just to see how more this show can be butchered. But this post made me finally comment here. I know the writer is butchering history and showing nonsense but I will never blame him. Why? Because he us writing what the channels actually want him thinking that will bring more ratings or what the majority audience love. Remember guys, he us writer behind Devon Ke Mahadev, Siya Ke Ram, Mahakumbh and some others before he came up with his own PH Writers Galaxy. He is one of the best writers on ITV. His 2 shows ended abruptly this year. PV ended due to dirty politics of the channel and Chandrashekhar ended due to low TRPs. What else he will do to make his show run? Obviously butcher it. Very less people know that the initial idea was of the show of Salim and Mehrunissa but later Mehrunissa got changed into Anarkali. I am sure Colors may have interfered as they may not be ready to show the female lead as geet to negative. Can't count Naagin as its a type of show where the female lead are usually shown nice who only kills villains but even face problems themselves. But Mehrunissa was different as she would plot against anyone being a thread to her and her power. So the writer initially show Anarkali as bechari and innocent while showing even Hamida and Salima as negatives. But slowly by slowly they started making her mixture of Mrinal, Kosha(PV watchers know) and even Mehrunissa. The article says the channel interfered a lot even thinking of changing the PH. Don't know what did not worked? Anarkali shown as too much bechari or butchering of history? Whatever it is it's not easy for a writer to let another PH take their hardwork. So the writer is doing whatever he has to in order to make his show run longer. That's why no matter how the story is going I will blame not the writer but only the channel. They only deserve shows like Teni Se Teni Tak and Silsila. Even though I hardly watch this show I want it to end at a planned time as the writer already had his 2 shows shut which he did not deserved. I earlier feared they may show Salim and Anarkali getting married as they made PV and Mrinal get married in the end but now I am sure he will not show such a big blunder. I believe the show will get better if channel don't interfere constantly in the writer's work.
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: angel_juhi04

I am Juhi. I was previously in Life Ok Chandrakanta and Prithvi Vallabh forums and now in Aladdin forum. I watched this show here and there for time pass or just to see how more this show can be butchered. But this post made me finally comment here. I know the writer is butchering history and showing nonsense but I will never blame him. Why? Because he us writing what the channels actually want him thinking that will bring more ratings or what the majority audience love. Remember guys, he us writer behind Devon Ke Mahadev, Siya Ke Ram, Mahakumbh and some others before he came up with his own PH Writers Galaxy. He is one of the best writers on ITV. His 2 shows ended abruptly this year. PV ended due to dirty politics of the channel and Chandrashekhar ended due to low TRPs. What else he will do to make his show run? Obviously butcher it. Very less people know that the initial idea was of the show of Salim and Mehrunissa but later Mehrunissa got changed into Anarkali. I am sure Colors may have interfered as they may not be ready to show the female lead as geet to negative. Can't count Naagin as its a type of show where the female lead are usually shown nice who only kills villains but even face problems themselves. But Mehrunissa was different as she would plot against anyone being a thread to her and her power. So the writer initially show Anarkali as bechari and innocent while showing even Hamida and Salima as negatives. But slowly by slowly they started making her mixture of Mrinal, Kosha(PV watchers know) and even Mehrunissa. The article says the channel interfered a lot even thinking of changing the PH. Don't know what did not worked? Anarkali shown as too much bechari or butchering of history? Whatever it is it's not easy for a writer to let another PH take their hardwork. So the writer is doing whatever he has to in order to make his show run longer. That's why no matter how the story is going I will blame not the writer but only the channel. They only deserve shows like Teni Se Teni Tak and Silsila. Even though I hardly watch this show I want it to end at a planned time as the writer already had his 2 shows shut which he did not deserved. I earlier feared they may show Salim and Anarkali getting married as they made PV and Mrinal get married in the end but now I am sure he will not show such a big blunder. I believe the show will get better if channel don't interfere constantly in the writer's work.

Prithvi vallabh story hardly anyone know

salim anarkali is famous story even kids of today know 

So they will catch distortion fast 

The makers should have followed mughal e azam to the T than may be serial would have worked

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Prithvi vallabh story hardly anyone know

salim anarkali is famous story even kids of today know 

So they will catch distortion fast 

The makers should have followed mughal e azam to the T than may be serial would have worked

Or they would have continued with the plan of showing Salim and Mehrunissa story. I guess the PH agreed to channel decision as they already had their 2 shows ended. Their fault was only that they tried to show different stories without any love stories. People watched Siyaasat. People even minority would watched Salim and Mehrunissa story too.
MM99 thumbnail

Having watched PV myself, I totally agree with you. The PH has surel y been manipulated by the channel. PV started off so well and then it was reduced to mediocre story line in the last weeks mostly due to the channels pressures. I am totally disappointed being a sonarika fan that even though she chose good scripts and gave her best in both PV nd DEMSA the shows aren't getting the treatment they were supposed to. 
Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Or they would have continued with the plan of showing Salim and Mehrunissa story. I guess the PH agreed to channel decision as they already had their 2 shows ended. Their fault was only that they tried to show different stories without any love stories. People watched Siyaasat. People even minority would watched Salim and Mehrunissa story too.

Mehrunissa came into Salim's life after the death of Akbar and after his becoming emperor Jahangir. She herself was 35 yrs old and had a 9 yr old daughter when she married him. If they had chosen to show that story, then the makers couldn't show Akbar and the clash between Akbar and Salim. Also as per history, Nur Jahan was a very shrewd and calculating woman. She was someone who did politics. She also encouraged Salim's wine and opium habit to gain control over him as well as to gain power and rule the kingdom.

These are not really the selling points on ITV. They cannot really show the FL as a darker shade of grey character bordering on black. They have to show that the female lead was/is a good person with mainly noble qualities. Nur Jahan doesn't fit the bill. That part of history is a little murky and will raise too many questions.

I agree with @myviewprem that the makers should have followed Mughal e Azam to T. May be add a little bit more of the love and clash, but the story line should have matched that. They shouldn't have tried to combine too many stories that it has become unrecognizable now.

Originally posted by: Shaavi

Mehrunissa came into Salim's life after the death of Akbar and after his becoming emperor Jahangir. She herself was 35 yrs old and had a 9 yr old daughter when she married him. If they had chosen to show that story, then the makers couldn't show Akbar and the clash between Akbar and Salim. Also as per history, Nur Jahan was a very shrewd and calculating woman. She was someone who did politics. She also encouraged Salim's wine and opium habit to gain control over him as well as to gain power and rule the kingdom.

These are not really the selling points on ITV. They cannot really show the FL as a darker shade of grey character bordering on black. They have to show that the female lead was/is a good person with mainly noble qualities. Nur Jahan doesn't fit the bill. That part of history is a little murky and will raise too many questions.

I agree with @myviewprem that the makers should have followed Mughal e Azam to T. May be add a little bit more of the love and clash, but the story line should have matched that. They shouldn't have tried to combine too many stories that it has become unrecognizable now.

They could have at least tried it because Beyhad and Prithvi Vallabh got fans. Mrinal was grey for ITV standards. If they showed Salim-Mehrunissa, there would be no need to show clash between Salim and Akbar but Salim and his brothers with Nur Jahan's scheming. People would have watched it buy the channel I am syrewpuld have rejected the idea. Otherwise why a writer will show Anarkali story after showing a heroine like Mrinal. And the lead cast I guess were devidde for 30+ characters only but something must have happened and they decided to change the story without changing the cast. If they wanted to show Salim and Anarkali then as everyone saying they could have gone the movie watonly instead of showing Anarkali as Nur Jahan slowly by slowly. But I guess the makers are doing what they can to make their show run longer as his last 2 shows never crossed 1 even with good concepts. According to You Tube the show will end on 4th January. Don't know how true it is but the show going off air soon looks very true.
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Agree with Shaavi and Myviewprem. Anarkali is too familiar a charecter courtesy Mughal E Azham. Even our generation watched the movie so any distortion to what was shown in the movie raises questions. 
No way Anarkali would resemble the lead they showed in the show. I myself could not identify with her in the begining itself.

Main reason is the charecterisation. As a mytho enthusiast I can go to authentic Sanskrit versions to check how shows like SPK got distorted but for Anarkali we don't find Historic authentic evidence and hence we should depend on the the Epic movie Mughal E Azham. Anarkali of the show is more like Nurjahan and less like Anarkali. Even Salim did not look like how he should be...he is more like a 21 st century hero fighting for his love.

I read The Conspiracies of Mughal Darbaar a very elaborate series that presented the history of Mughals upto  Shahjahan s ordeals in getting to power..No way I can identify Shaheer's Salim with what was described ...Like myviewprem rightfully said Salim never dishonoured Akbar in the court..before others.He was very respectful..well mannered.He never objected Anar dancing in the court because Anarkali was a gifted dancer first and his lover next.

Honestly speaking I am relieved to know that the show is going to end. What purpose is there to continue if the makers,channel and writers are not in sink with one another? Shaheer should learn from this experience and be alert with his next project.

Lakshmi
Lively2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Bad script destroys actors work its better if they are finite series with good story lines 
Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

They could have at least tried it because Beyhad and Prithvi Vallabh got fans. Mrinal was grey for ITV standards. If they showed Salim-Mehrunissa, there would be no need to show clash between Salim and Akbar but Salim and his brothers with Nur Jahan's scheming. People would have watched it buy the channel I am syrewpuld have rejected the idea. Otherwise why a writer will show Anarkali story after showing a heroine like Mrinal. And the lead cast I guess were devidde for 30+ characters only but something must have happened and they decided to change the story without changing the cast. If they wanted to show Salim and Anarkali then as everyone saying they could have gone the movie watonly instead of showing Anarkali as Nur Jahan slowly by slowly. But I guess the makers are doing what they can to make their show run longer as his last 2 shows never crossed 1 even with good concepts. According to You Tube the show will end on 4th January. Don't know how true it is but the show going off air soon looks very true.

I have not watched PV so have no clue what that story line is but beyhad was a show about obsessive love. In that Maya is shown to develop this want Arjun that leads her to commit such acts that one cannot think about. But there is a love factor there.

Mehrunnisa came to Agra as maid in waiting for Ruqayya and became her favorite through her wit. When Salim Jahangir married her, he was besotted by her beauty. But from her side it was not really a love story. Hers was more premeditated move when she agreed to marry him. It was her ambitions that made her first marry him and then to keep him sedated through wine and opium. She is more like Priyanka Chopra in Aitraaz. There wasn't exactly love between this couple. She placed those people in high position around the court whom she felt would support her in case there was any opposition to her. There was a lot of negative consequences on Mughal empire because of her and that is putting it mildly.

I am not sure that ITV is ready for such negative lead, especially one who was called Nur Jahan, light of the world. Her character doesn't really gel with her name, a name given to her by her emperor husband. ITV can tolerate a vamp mother in law or vamp bahu, not a cold and calculating empress. We are still touchy when it comes to our history and our culture. We focus only on the good and tell ourselves how great our culture and history is. We try to cover the other aspects of it under the rug and pretend everything is ok. And that is what we like to see on tv. Not a series where a woman deliberately sets out to gain power, uses a guy who had done nothing wrong to her, nor her family had wronged her and then rule a kingdom with iron fist.