Performance Discussion 1st & 2nd December

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Please share your views and also voting will be opened this week so vote for your favourite contestants on both days to make them enter Top 5.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ProfMcGonagall thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 2
Can I ask why was everyone going gaga over Vibhor's performance of Breathless? Do they all forget that it has already been done on Indian Idol before and about a million times better than Vibhor? Sreeram was awesome man!

Vibhor was so dabba huya in this song. I couldn't even understand every word and it sounded like he was just dying to take a breath.

I'm sorry but I can never give Vibhor any numbers for this performance.

I liked Kunal's performance a lot today! The way he was dancing and enjoying the song was amazing. And he actually seemed to be dancing a lot like Prabhudeva today, which is a compliment in itself I feel.

Overall great performances from all. I just had to comment mainly on Vibhor's performance because I was kind of pissed with the way it was being treated like some huge deal.
suresh555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Neelanjana was a goddess in both songs today. Watching Salman and Nitin's beginning alaap was a torture and I fast forwarded both their performances and their combined performance. I simply refuse to put up with unnecessary alaaps and kheench taan these two singers do in each and every damn song they sing. For the life of me I also fail to understand the judges dramatic reactions to these two. I am pissed that Neelanjana did not get the mausam badal gaya when she was way ahead of all the performances today. Ankush also sang well with Neelanjana
altgr thumbnail
Neelanjana sang really well, she sings these melodies beautifully. Ankush was not that good in his solo performance but their duet was awesome. Salman and Nitin were good. I enjoyed Kunal's Humma Humma a lot and his duet with Vibhor was just superb.
Matchline thumbnail
Liked the Return of Kumar Sanu episode. Neelanjana's rendition of "Baazigar o Baazigar" was beautiful; it faithfully re-created the magic and element of the original song. In the 50-song medley, Neelanjana sang closest (quality-wise) to the original songs. I felt the other contestants were lower in quality and at times were over-deviating from original to the detriment of the original songs' feel.

One of the important things, I think, is voice quality which is innate. Neelanjana has a sweet voice which has presence, and she sings beautifully too. Salman Ali's voice, I am sorry, is apparently lacking (thin).

I am a fan of Kumar Sanu's. Kumar Sanu has a nice voice quality and excellent voice throw. He was literally the king playback singer of Hindi cinema in the 90's. Kumar Sanu's songs are magical to listen to because his songs have a great feel and they exude melody.
Edited by Matchline - 5 years ago
sunaina02 thumbnail
Neelanjana is the only singer who will do well in the Bollywood and its  playback world . 

Matchline thumbnail
I can envision Neelanjana doing very well in Bollywood as a playback singer because of melody in her songs. Let's hope she keeps getting better and better, since there is no end to learning and she is still very young.

If Sony TV officially releases a compact disc (CD) recording of all of Neelanjana's songs from Indian Idol 10 Season, I would thank them and buy it in a flash.
Edited by Matchline - 5 years ago
KhwaboKeParinde thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Kunal has sung for "Padmavaat", Ankush has worked as a music assistant of Amaal Mallik for a few b'wood movies, both of them have interest in music producing/composing/writing also.
Independent music is there, and bollywood, regional scene, web stuffs make various kinda songs these days, so some of them can 'make it' if they are lucky.

Edited by KhwaboKeParinde - 5 years ago
ProfMcGonagall thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KhwaboKeParinde

Kunal has sung for "Padmavaat", Ankush has assisted Amaal Mallik on a few b'wood movies, both of them have interest in music producing/composing/writing also.
Independent music is there, and bollywood, regional scene, web stuffs make various kinda songs these days, so some of them can 'make it' if they are lucky.

@ Bold: Oh really? Which song did he sing in that movie? I'm just curious because I thought he was just an independent singer. I didn't know he actually sang for a BW movie.
KhwaboKeParinde thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ ProfMcGonagall Kunal Pandit is one of the singers of "Bajirao Mastani - Albela Sajan", "Padmavaat - Ek Dil Ek Jaan"