adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Latihan is a spiritual process but it can and does become involuntary that's why osho developed dynamic meditation as you need to be aware

Anyway so what happens you've repressed energy and you let it all out. You don't do anything, the energy starts moving on it's own

Osho dissed it for the same reason like what happened to ved in tamasha. You're not in control and it happens im the office or on the street and you're not doing it.

The suppressed energy in the body is being released and ved is shown multiple times repressing his feelings.

I thought this was interesting 😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latihan

During the exercise, practitioners may find that, in terms of physical and emotional expression, they involuntarily move, make sounds, walk around, dance, jump, skip, laugh, cry or whatever.[8][6] The experience varies greatly for different people

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
First time I'm hearing about this practice and havent seen Tamasha either. 
I dont know much about this. There was a video of a guy who could raise his body temperature at will. Apparently practising chandrabhedana pranayam can raise body heat. But like the Upanishads say "The breath must be tamed slowly like an elephant otherwise it can destroy the practitioner...something along those lines. 
heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What is all this? ðŸ˜• Have you been practising this? ðŸ˜²
adventurousman thumbnail

Originally posted by: heartbleed

What is all this?😕Have you been practising this?😲

No it's not recommended as you can see in tamasha. You lose control and you're not doing it, it'll just start happening. The suppressed energy needs to be released but something has to be above it so you can stop when you want

adventurousman thumbnail

Originally posted by: nigahen

First time I'm hearing about this practice and havent seen Tamasha either.

I dont know much about this. There was a video of a guy who could raise his body temperature at will. Apparently practising chandrabhedana pranayam can raise body heat. But like the Upanishads say "The breath must be tamed slowly like an elephant otherwise it can destroy the practitioner...something along those lines.

That kind of breath control practice won't get you enlightened imo
Mira25 thumbnail
Are you following Osho? 
I've seen Tamasha, but didn't actually see through this connection. I don't think these type of techniques will help to overcome bipolar disorder which Ved's personality suffered. Enlightenment tho door ki baat hai!
Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
There is a meditation technique of Sadhguru , it is somewhat similar to Latihan . It is basically an inner engineering program practiced with the guidance of Sadhguru and I believe Sadhguru is a secret follower of Osho . However , during the initiation program few people did lot of weird things like screaming , crying , laughing etc. These meditations is good for stress and stress related health issues but whether it is good for mental illness are not proven . Having said that the volunteers collects  the mental and physical health history of each person before initiating the program. Edited by Kamala05 - 5 years ago
ToujoursPur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I cannot understand anything you wrote.
Can't believe meditation can be so stressful.
Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ToujoursPur

I cannot understand anything you wrote.

Can't believe meditation can be so stressful.

Normal meditation as in breathing exercise followed by closing the eyes, chanting mantras will not be stressful  . But some guided meditation can be stressful like holding the breath simultaneously focusing the spot between two brows or third eye can be stressful initially . And if it is not practiced properly it can aggravate the mental illness .
adventurousman thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mira25

Are you following Osho?

I've seen Tamasha, but didn't actually see through this connection. I don't think these type of techniques will help to overcome bipolar disorder which Ved's personality suffered. Enlightenment tho door ki baat hai!

Arre bd toh sirf bahana tha. Kaunsa bd aisi harkatein karta hain?

Imtiaz ali is very spiritual, sufi type. Just watched laila majnu and he gave it a good oneness twist. Of course people will get the symbolism if they're into it.

Ved is not looking for enlightenment but just like in latihan what starts as practice to let go of yourself and surrender to existence but with time you can't control your body movements, your behavior. All the suppressed stuff comes to the surface.

Of course they couldn't show ved practicing any such technique but I'm sure it's taken from there

He's again and again shown how happy he was as a kid meaning before his conditioning as he's free and how slowly he starts suppressing his real feelings and have to conduct himself a certain way.

Achanak all hell breaks loose and he doesn't know what's going on.

Film deals with many things and the solution is also like just happens but I guess that's all they could show

imtiaz said in an interview that he isn't bipolar