Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

Team #Chhapaak is all ready for the action. Shooting starts next month primarily in Mumbai & Delhi.

Edited by -MariaMars- - 5 years ago
-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

With Deepika Padukone's upcoming film Chhapaak, we will see two of the much-celebrated artists come together. While Deepika will be acting as well as co-producing the film, Meghna has written as well as written the film. Meghna, who is still remembered and appreciated for her work in Raazi, with her upcoming film is expected to turn out just as big as we can imagine. Everyone is waiting for the film to hit the screens soon, and here's a piece of good news.

Chhapaak is based on the real-life story of an acid attack survivor, Laxmi, and it has been in the news ever since Meghna confirmed with a leading daily that the film will be going on floors in March. And well, looks like the pre-production of the film has wrapped up as the script has now been locked. The team is now working on the looks of the characters and the film shall go on floors in about two months. From what the reports suggest, the makers wish to get started with the shoot before mid-2019.

DivineAngel thumbnail
I am so excited for this movie. can't wait!
LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
"I don't know Deepika long enough to say this, but I feel that we are similar people. So, I know that the subject affects her. When I met her for the first time for the narration, we both had teared up" - Meghna Gulzar
#Chhapaak

DivineAngel thumbnail

Deepika Padukone has been always vocal about social issues. The actress who was once battling with depression can easily empathize with masses. Thus, when Meghna Gulzar met Deepika for the narration of her upcoming film 'Chhapaak', they both were in tears after the narration.
'Chhapaak' is the story of an acid attack survivor Laxmi where Deepika will portray the role of Laxmi. Talking to a media house, Meghna shared that before she could start the procedures for the film, she wanted Deepika and Vikrant, the one who will be opposite Deepika in the film, to meet Laxmi and Ashok once, so that it will be easier for them to relate. She also revealed that she won't be having many readings with them as she want to keep some spontaneity on the floor.

Talking about both Deepika and Vikrant, she said that both are emotional as with Vikrant she can see and hear the emotions while with Deepika she can feel it. Meghna than narrated an instance when she met Deepika for the narration. She share that she has something similar to Deepika as the subject of the film affects her. Both Meghna and Deepika were left in tears after the narration.
Immediately, they gathered themselves back and continued with the further narration.

Well, we are already excited to see Deepika as Laxmi.
DivineAngel thumbnail

The Script Is Locked & Ready To Go "The script of the film has finally been locked and hence the pre-production work is going on at a frenetic pace. The director has a particular brief in mind since the film - that is based on Laxmi Agarwal's life - has a certain look," a source said to Deccan Chronicle.

Three Different Looks In The Movie "Her look was different immediately after the attack and then there was some change post the surgeries. Those looks will be worked upon, which is why Deepika will have three different looks in the film, and once those looks are finalised, the film will mount the floorboards."

LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
"When director comes to you with a film, it's very rare when there is no studio attached to it.But this time Meghna came to me as director with this beautiful script & I feel like by coming on board as a producer it's going to reach a lot more people"
~Deepika Padukone

#Chhapaak
DivineAngel thumbnail

"I don't know Deepika long enough to say this, but I feel that we are similar people. So, I know that the subject affects her. When I met her for the first time for the narration, we both had teared up" - Meghna Gulzar #Chhapaak

priya185 thumbnail
I want some offscreen pics with Vikrant Deepika