~Chhapaak Updates Thread~It's A WRAP!!! Release Date - Jan 10 2020!! - Page 15

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

I like this director. Waiting for the trailer. 

Any idea when it will be out? 

hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am so excited for this. Something about DP in this avatar just GLOWS.

LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Meghna Gulzar says Deepika Padukone’s prosthetic transformation was most beautifulBollywood by Filmfare | Jun 11, 2019

Meghna Gulzar Chhapaak

Meghna Gulzar"s film Chhapaak has been making all the right noises ever since its inception. The film stars Deepika Padukone and Vikrant Massey in lead roles and has raised a lot of curiosity in the audience given its subject which is based on the life of acid attack survivor, Laxmi Aggarwal. Deepika will be playing the acid survivor in the film. Chhapaak will also mark Deepika"s debut as a producer and is slated to release on January 10, next year.

Deepika"s look from the film which was leaked from the sets has been appreciated by everyone. In a recent interview, director Meghna opened up about the actress" look and revealed how the makeup process was the most beautiful part during the shooting of Chhapaak. She said that a wrap is an emotional experience, more so for Chhapaak, because everyone working on the film made it their own. She also said that Deepika’s character will stay with her for life. “There is Malti, and then there is Deepika who became Malti. Malti’s presence on screen reflects the expression in Deepika’s eyes and on her face which comes through the prosthetics. For me, Malti is Deepika and Deepika is Malti,” shared Meghna.

Meghna Gulzar Chhapaak

She further informed that it was not easy for Deepika to transform into an acid attack survivor as she had to sit through two-and-a-half hours of prosthetics every day. “It was not easy for the leading lady to transform into an acid attack survivor. Deepika had to sit through two-and-a-half hours of prosthetics every day. But you won’t see all that she went through behind the scenes on screen. And that’s the most beautiful part,” Meghna expressed.

A while back, Deepika shared a photo of with her entire Chhapaak family and captioned it '& it’s a wrap on THE MOST PRECIOUS film of my career...see you all at the movies! 10.1.2020#Chhapaak.'

Meghna Gulzar Chhapaak

More on: Meghna Gulzar Deepika Padukone Chhapaak

https://twitter.com/TeamDeepikaMY_/status/1139487280114962434?s=09

"She completely shed off things as we know of her as Deepika Padukone, the face, the brand, the actor. She shed it all to play this part. That takes a lot of grit." - Meghna Gulzar

#Chhapaak

"Here, we are talking about a woman who has gone through this disastrous and grim episode in her life and how strongly she comes out of it is an example of people to seek/relate with it. I hope people enjoy watching the film and learn from it." -Vikrant Massey on #Chhapaak