Aditi Sharma opens up on confrontation scene and promoting infidelity!

shamil thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka has become one of the most talked about shows of late. The serial that revolves around an extramarital affair has made many see red with its bold concept but many love the drama and realism associated with it. A week back, the confrontation scene between Mauli (Aditi Dev Sharma) and Kunal (Shakti Arora) grabbed eyeballs and everyone who saw it could not help but be moved but Aditi's flawless act as the woman who faces betrayal from two people closest to her. Bollywood Life caught up with the actress for a chat. Excerpts from an interview...

How much time did it take to shoot the scene?

Actually, to be honest we did not have much time. It was shot on Thursday morning and we had to deliver it for the telecast for the same evening. I got my scene the night before and everyone turned up on the sets at 7 am. It was an important scene and thankfully came out really well. I did not need many retakes. We had three cameras and shot it from three different angles. Then, we cut the scene. There were not many retakes. We were very serious and we did no masti on the sets. Work began at 8.40 and got done by 12.30.

Did you prep extra for such an emotionally charged scene?

I am playing the character since a while. I know emotionally how she is feeling inside out. However, it was tough as the situation brought about a drastic change in Mauli. I did not sleep the night before. I kept asking my real life husband how would I do it? He told me to keep cool. I was a bit nervous.

People were absolutely moved by what they saw. Did you expect such a connection with the junta?

People connected to the situation, because I feel if anyone had a bad memory in life, the scene made it fresh in their memory. I guess anyone who ever cheated or was cheated upon instantly connected with it. It was amazing to see how people reacted to it. They wrote such nice things. The scene was done in a hurry but it came out really well. My mom and Naani cried after watching it. My Naani is a strong lady and does not cry watching TV or films. But when my mom told me how moved she was, I was like ok it must be good. The next day, my timeline was filled with the most amazing compliments.

Many feel the show promotes EMA. What is your take on it? Does it bother you that people are cool watching such stuff on digital but trash it on TV?

I don't know. Ten years back we had shows like Saans and people were watching it happily. We are showing what happens in society. We certainly do not want to promote extra-marital affairs but it happens and can happen in a person's life. Kunal and Mauli were a perfect couple, they never had an issue. Ideally, this should not have happened but it did. Our writers have got similar reactions but these three are in a particular situation. There are more twists and turns. No one is wrong here. The truth is, we are somewhat hypocritical. It is not that EMAs don't happen in real life. See Drashti's character. She is a strong actress to pick such a flawed role. Many would have refused it thinking it would harm their image. Nandini is a vulnerable girl who falls for a man who shows her the love and respect. The only sad part is that man happens to be her bestie's husband. In real life, really don't wish to see anyone suffer because of an extramarital affair or have a friend betrayed so badly by another.

Your co-stars Drashti Dhami and Shakti Arora have been trolled mercilessly. Do you guys discuss the negative comments?

See, thoda bura lagta hai ( I do feel bad), especially when people get personal. We are playing characters and doing our job at the end of it. As much as you try to disconnect, you feel bad. At the same time, you're doing your job right for people loving and hating you so much. I just wish some people would not stoop so low. We're all human beings and we do feel bad.

In real life, have you ever been cheated in love?

Hahahaha...Not like this. I have childhood friends from school who are my best buddies till date. We never fought over a guy. So, that friend thing hasn't happened. I haven't been cheated upon big time like Mauli but yes there are little experiences here and there. I have had people lying to me. I think everyone at some level or another has faced betrayal. It is a part of growing up. Post that, you start respecting people who value you.

There was talk of a petition to ban Silsila. Some even compared it to Pehredaar Piya Ki? Comment

I don't think I would like to comment on Pehredaar though honesty I was wondering how would they justify the plot when the promos came. Silsila is a mature show. It deals with something that happens in society. We would be hypocrites if we denied it outright. I don't see the problem now that the show airs at 11 pm, which is beyond the family TV viewing time. My bhabhi does not let my small nieces watch the show and I perfectly get it. It is a show for grown-ups. But saying that a show on EMA should be banned is totally senseless. I feel people are taking it too personally (laughs).

https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/exclusive-silsila-badalte-rishton-ka-actress-aditi-dev-sharma-opens-up-on-confrontation-scene-trolls-and-charge-of-promoting-infidelity/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
She talks so sensibly.

More than anything I'm glad media actually took her interview because of that sequence and pointed out how much it touched people!!!
shamil thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

She talks so sensibly.

More than anything I'm glad media actually took her interview because of that sequence and pointed out how much it touched people!!!

Exactly !
Finally she gets her due.
I have seen and read articles on this show but they were always on the jazbat couple. 
But with that one amazing episode the focus has drastically changed towards mauli and her feelings
abhiya_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
TFS.
I loved reading how she worked for that scene and how she connects with the character and overwhelmed seeing appreciation for her.

And I adore cast bonding. 
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Thanks for sharing.That confrontation scene worked for aditi.She has been highly appreciated for that.
Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TFS ðŸ¤—
It's interesting to read her thoughts about the show & her views about the negative trolls.
She comes across as quite sensible & a sorted person. 
Its wonderful she was able to nail that confrontation scene without much retakes.
Proves her prowess as an amazing actress. Hopefully she gets to do a few more 
strong emotional scenes  going forward  in the show. Fingers crossed ðŸ˜³

rajh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shamil

There was talk of a petition to ban Silsila. Some even compared it to Pehredaar Piya Ki? Comment

I don't think I would like to comment on Pehredaar though honesty I was wondering how would they justify the plot when the promos came. Silsila is a mature show. It deals with something that happens in society. We would be hypocrites if we denied it outright. I don't see the problem now that the show airs at 11 pm, which is beyond the family TV viewing time. My bhabhi does not let my small nieces watch the show and I perfectly get it. It is a show for grown-ups. But saying that a show on EMA should be banned is totally senseless. I feel people are taking it too personally (laughs).

https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/exclusive-silsila-badalte-rishton-ka-actress-aditi-dev-sharma-opens-up-on-confrontation-scene-trolls-and-charge-of-promoting-infidelity/

so - public anger and backlash forced channel to shift serial to 11.00 PM and to categorise it as non-family show..
survi035 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Great Article covering Aditi's response. 

People are getting way to emotional over it.

there is so much hate on this forum.

People like watch the show and then vent their anger which is in no way constructive. 

Then some go on and on about why Drashti Dhami and Shakti Arora decided to play the characters...its was their choice, good on them for taking the risk of playing such flawed characters. 
Edited by survi035 - 5 years ago
Sabyata thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks for the link guys

Sensible actress..sensible interview