Main Alexander generals

luckySnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Cleitus: died before Alexander...He was most influential commander of Alexander when alive...

Hephestion: best friend and died before Alexander...

Permenion: shared Egyptian side with ptlemy. 

Parcydus: most faithful one after hephestion.. helped pregnant Roxane to get through the chaos and also helped olympias in few battles...

Ptolemy: probably the most impactful one.  He defeated Seleucus and others and secure the body of emperor Alexander  which was required to be known as king , that's why Romans called him the king (though  augustus called him middleman when Augustus went to pay his tribute to Alexander tomb in egypt) whille they call other generals mere middlemen..his legacy was later made popular by Egyptian legendary queen Cleoptra...

Seleucus: He was also very loyal general of Alexander...he was one of those who accepted Roxane and Alexander child as rightful heir to the throne ( Though later he began warring). H e  took the biggest part of Alexander empire persia but he failed  to Get the body of Alexander even after many attempts...He wil probably be shown as darinda in the show which he wasn't to be honest...Seleucus began selucid dynasty and was father in law of cgm. He learnt Indian culture and was good friend of India...

Corretius: I think he died in Afghanistan πŸ₯±

There were many other generals but I believe these were the most popular ones...my fav is Ptolemy as I love Egypt and who dont love CleoptraπŸ˜‰

Edited by luckySnow - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
It would have been so wonderful if Alexander had more screen time and we could have seen his interaction with all his generals. 
luckySnow thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

It would have been so wonderful if Alexander had more screen time and we could have seen his interaction with all his generals. 

πŸ˜† Roxane ko screen time mil Raha hai yahi bahut haiπŸ˜†
luckySnow thumbnail
Who is your fav among these...
inlieu thumbnail
Each general had his own qualities that made him stand apart from the others, that's why Alexander chose them. πŸ˜‰

I love Hephaestion because of what a loyal friend he was - he really stayed with Alexander until his last breath. I guess you can say he lived and died for Alexander. He wasn't as strong as Cleitus but still had his own achievements and was an expert at logistics, which was super important for Alexander's reign and conquests. 

I respect Cleitus for his warrior skills and ferociousness. The way he died was indeed tragic. 

I also like Ptolemy because of the Ptolemaic dynasty's contribution to world, Cleopatra being one of them. πŸ˜‰
Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago
luckySnow thumbnail

Each general had his own qualities that made him stand apart from the others, that's why Alexander chose them.  πŸ˜‰

I love Hephaestion because of what a loyal friend he was - he really stayed with Alexander until his last breath. I guess you can say he lived and died for Alexander. He wasn't as strong as Cleitus but still had his own achievements and was an expert at logistics, which was super important for Alexander's reign and conquests. 

I respect Cleitus for his warrior skills and ferociousness. The way he died was indeed tragic. 

I also like Ptolemy because of the Ptolemaic dynasty's contribution to world, Cleopatra being one of them. πŸ˜‰

Roman historians and Greek called only Ptolemy as king because he had body of Alexander...all other were dismissed by them as bogus..while Alexander son was called the real successor and emperor...later though casender took the throne but he too wasn't respected as king...I like Ptolemy because the way he took Egypt to the top again and made Alexanderia the topmost trade center...he was indeed legend...yes then there is my love, my fantasy cleoptra πŸ˜† cleoptra se famous queen koi nahinπŸ˜†
Edited by luckySnow - 5 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Yes, also because Ptolemy and his descendants lived in peace for many generations, so Egypt and all the areas under their control flourished. Historians also benefited from Ptolemy's accounts of his experiences as Alexander's general. 
I haven't come across any such records of Seleucus' narrations or anecdotes, for example. 
Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Sometimes I think if Roxanne and Olympias had stayed under Ptolemy's protection, they would have survived, as would have Alexander's son. πŸ˜­
luckySnow thumbnail

Yes, also because Ptolemy and his descendants lived in peace for many generations, so Eygpt and all the areas under their control flourished. Historians also benefited from Ptolemy's accounts of his experiences as Alexander's general. 

I haven't come across as any such records of Seleucus' narrations or anecdotes, for example. 

Seleucus though took Persia was mocked by Roman emperors as middleman...he doesn't have any ilasting impact on world history to be honest...Ptolemy gave importance to literature...Alexanderia library was beloved to the biggest in the world...
inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: luckySnow

πŸ˜† Roxane ko screen time mil Raha hai yahi bahut haiπŸ˜†

Aparna has been good in the recent scenes. I loved how she took the knife from Olympias and wanted to kill Barsine. It reminded me of her intro scene where she was full of fire. πŸ˜†