So.... more cringe?

Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi. 

WOW. 

I needed some time to process what I just watched. Listen, I'll say this again... I am judging this on 'Indian Television standard' in fact you know what? F*ck that! I am judging this on 'Ekta standard'. And even then, this is turning out to be a major major disappointment. Where do I even begin? 

You remember Yeh Hain Mohabattein (the early days)? Or Bade Acche Lagte Hain? Yeah... those shows were OTT but they were, in their own ways, logical. Yeh Hain Mohabattein had very practical and logical main characters (in a distant past) and Bade Acche Lagte Hain had a strong heroine and a great hero. What I am getting at is that, even if highly deranged (in big bold words)... THERE WAS A SHRED OF LOGIC. 

Here though...

Let us begin by talking about Anurag, At this point, Anurag is so bloody cardboard and one-dimensional, he might as well be a parody. What he does in this episode is... He goes to save a f*cking chunri from the pandal, then instabuys a jeep by paying too much for it (for no reason) then enters the pandal and sees two girls burning the f*ck down in the middle of the pandal. What does he do? "Oh well.. I see that you living breathing women are stuck here... I have to get to the chunni though. See you if you stay alive." I mean excuse me? WHAT? 

But that is nothing compared to what Prerna does. "Oh this guy who gives no f-s about my life and would rather save a chunni is busy doing so... Well I should watch that. What a fun activity to do in the middle of a mass fire!" Or "Oh no.. I have to save my life but Matarani first. Let me summon my inner Captain Marvel to save her even though I MIGHT GENUINELY DIE." Also, if Prerna had a backbone, she would answer Mohini back when the woman was falsely accusing her father.  

The only thing I can be happy about is that they didn't push the male savior trope too hard. 

Listen, if you say that you are redoing the show for 2018, this is not how you redo it. 

My problem with the show is simple. It does not deliver on what it promised. I was promised a 2018 adaptation, and what I am getting was dumb even in 2001. Again, this woman has made YHM and BALH. She can make somewhat something entertaining. 

I expected minimal entertainment.. I got none.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priya_18 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lol. Just finished watching the second episode. Had no clue you could transfer 7 Lakhs in less than a minute and wow get into the fire to save a chunri😆. That was foolish but Prerna, dang it woman. SuperWoman banne chali gayi and Anurag comes and legit pushed it off when he was struggling to hold it in the first place lmao🥱

Shayaad you should watch only for the actors and the grandeur of the show.😆 I don't expect logic from Ekta lol.😉 She lives in Ekta world where people are dumb even in 2018. But I expected Prerna, who's a daddy's girl will at least defend him, after all she just saved Matarani's idol from burning. But no, she's Ekta's heroine, they don't say anything but expect people to understand and thus suffer for no damn reason😡!
Edited by Priya_18 - 5 years ago
lizzie1765 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
So that guy in the jeep was he subroto😕
Japrilforever thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
🤣🤣
I just saw this fire scene and WTH ðŸ¤£ they were dancing in the middle of a freakin fire ðŸ¤£ And had time for eyelocks too ðŸ˜†
And the friend watched the entire thing from a distance ðŸ˜†
This was so cringey By God. 
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This show, *IF* it goes like this, is 10 steps back for Ekta after BALH and YHM. Those were actually good, not just by Ekta standard, the latter being the first Indian soap after K-sagas I ever liked and the reason I check out soaps sometimes to see if there is anything interesting. 

Anyways just two episodes for now, she has time to mend her ways. ðŸ˜† 
Edited by SatoshiNakamoto - 5 years ago