Chanakaya changed

Posted: 5 years ago
So now tarun is chanakaya, why did they need him? It's hilarious that shows try to even show Chanakaya with abs.🀣 it will be hard to see chanakaya as philosopher only when hot guys play him.πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Really? Is it confirmed? Oh my God! This is disastrous!
luckySnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Chankya ki bejity Nahin sehan Kar saka woh Purana actor
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Kaede

So now tarun is chanakaya, why did they need him? It's hilarious that shows try to even show Chanakaya with abs.🀣 it will be hard to see chanakaya as philosopher only when hot guys play him.πŸ˜†

Chanakaya with abs.🀣  
Body builder hai kya?

This is the nest news ever! Chetan quit!
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rohit quitting would be the best news πŸ₯³It will get us our FREEEDDDOOOMMM!!! πŸ˜†
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Where is the confirmation of this? No one has as yet flagged any reliable report. 

If he has in fact left, he must have had very serious differences with the PH to give up, not the present role, but the far more important one in the follow up serial.

The three impressive Chanakyas I have seen on TV were 

1)Chandraprakash Dwivedi in the 1990 Chanakya, which is the gold standard for a pre-Mauryan era historical on Indian TV,

2) Manish Wadhwa in the 2012 Chandragupta Maurya, whose sheer, unsmiling presence and effortless gravitas were extremely impressive, and

3) Manoj Joshi in the recent Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat, who was avuncular but still dominating.

Even without the distortions, I would not slot Chetan Pandit , otherwise a very capable actor, with these three. For me at least, he never quite made the grade. Plus his Sanskrit enunciation was abysmal. 😑

With the distortions, he was reduced to looking like an ADC to Porus, not his wise, all knowing, dominating mentor.

Now, seeing the goings on in what passes for a script in Porus, which will undoubtedly be pretty much the same in the follow up serial, I don't see how it matters who is cast as Chanakya, a 6 pack abswala Tarun or someone else. So I don't rejoice at Chetan Pandit quitting, if in fact he has quit. It hardly matters if he stays or goes.

This said, the idea of Tarun as Chanakya makes me shudder. Radhagupt, yes, but Chanakya? 

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: inlieu

Chanakaya with abs.🀣  
Body builder hai kya?

This is the nest news ever! Chetan quit!

Edited by sashashyam - 5 years ago
ThePirateKing thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Chandraprakash Dwivedi was way too good as Chanakya and that show as a whole was brilliantly done. Some of the dialogues about refugees, nation building, disruptive tactics and stuff were brilliant. Ofcourse it's a bit heavy on Sanskritised Hindi, so people used to Urdu Hindi/Hindustani (as most of us are) will find it difficult to follow.

As far as this show is concerned, this is gone case. I shudder to think what the follow up is going to be. Tarun as Chanakya is OK. My preference would have been Manish Wadhwa as Chanakya, but unfortunately he is being wasted as Kansa in some Krishna show
Edited by ThePirateKing - 5 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/48094-tarun-khanna-to-go-bald-for-his-role-of-chanakya-in-sony-tv-poru.htm

First actor who has to stop going to the gym for a role. πŸ˜†
luckySnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Purana Chankya se sachnein darr Lagta tha...Jane kya karde
inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: luckySnow

Purana Chankya se sachnein darr Lagta tha...Jane kya karde

Very true!

This one looks less scary!