Govinda - After Dharmendra-Hema Malini, I whistled for Ranveer Deepika

notoneofyou thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

EXCLUSIVE | After Dharmendra-Hema Malini, I whistled for Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone in a theatre: Govinda

Updated Sep 17, 2018 | 23:05 IST | Gaurang Chauhan

Ranveer Singh's love for Govinda is known by everyone. But not many know that the feeling is mutual. In a recent interview with ZoomTV.com, Govinda revealed that he whistled for Ranveer & Deepika in a theatre.

Video: Govinda talks about his love for Ranveer and Deepika |Photo Credit: Instagram

Ranveer Singh has mentioned in quite a few interviews that he is a big Govinda fan. Recently, in a podcast with Rajeev Masand and Anupama Chopra, Ranveer talked about working with Govinda in Kill Dil and how it was a dream come true moment for him. He also mentioned that a scene where Govinda's character had to slap him, he stated after being slapped by Govinda, "Meri life ban gayi". 

Recently, in an exclusive chat with Govinda with for his upcoming film FryDay with Varun Sharma, we told him about Ranveer's recent statement and his love and admiration for him, he told ZoomTV.com, 

Bahut his imaandar hai baap re baap. Kitna hardwork karta hai woh. Mujhe aisa lagta hai jo acting ke time pe karte hain, jaise hum log hain acting ke time pe hardwork kar rahe hote hain, yeh alag hardwork hai, jo sirf khade rahe aadmi... (with reference to his scene with Ranveer in Kill Dill). Maine uske liye aur Deepika ke liye jitni seeti bajayi hai na, bahut saal baad...maine Dharam ji aur Hema ji ke liye bajayi thi seeti (bahut saal pehle). Uske baad mujhe koi hero heroine nahin dikhayi diye. Mujhe aisa lagta hai bahut prem aa jaaye koi aadmi ka kaam dekh ke, aisa lage, "haan yeh to jodi hai yaar! Bahut achche lagte hain, they are looking so nice. Unka jo gaana tha saath mein, ek gaana tha Ram-Leela ka. Woh gaana dekh ke maine bahut seetiyan bajayi bahut saal baad. Enjoy kiya jaise hum log aise public theatre mein jaate hain na. Usually, I don't behave like that par mujhmein to hai to woh... (Earlier) that was just for Dharam ji aur Hema ji, for nobody else...aur Dilip saab (Dilip Kumar).

(He is very honest and hardworking. I have whistled for him and Deepika in a theatre. Years ago, I whistled for Dharmendra and Hema Malini. After looking at their work you can't help but fall in love with them. You look at them and feel they make such a great pair. Their song in Ram-Leela, I whistled a lot when it was playing. I ejoyed like how general public would do. Usually, I don't behave like that in a theatre. Earlier, it was just for Dharmenda and Hema Malini and nobody else...and also Dilip Kumar.)

He then, went on to talk about his love for Dilip Kumar and Dharmendra, 

Abhi bhi unhein dekh loo to mere aankh se paani aa jaata hai. Us din Dharam ji se main mila mujhe itne achche lagte hain woh, itne pasand hain. 

(Whenever I meet him, I become emotional. The other day, I met Dharam ji, I like him so much.)

Govinda then compared his latest film FryDay to that of Hrishikesh Mukherjee's films. He further added, 

Yeh (FryDay) jaise cinema hai, jaise aadarniye Hrishikesh Mukherji hua karte they aur unki filmein jo hua karti thi, yeh waisa kuch taiyaar ho gaya hai. To isiliye mujhe bahut achcha laga. By luck hai yeh, unki to fix hoti thi, aise hi hoti thi. Woh to legendry cinema hi banate they. To yeh ho gaya by luck. 

(The kind of movie FryDay is, it'll remind you of respected Hrishikesh Mukherji kind of cinema. For FryDay, things fell in place by luck.)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=yS5M72rQcT8[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by notoneofyou - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
That is so sweet of him. The Govinda fanboy in Ranveer would be so happy hearing his idol's praise. Such mutual love and respect they have. Edited by Mlisaa - 5 years ago