Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_OrChiD_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Viraj, Maya or anyone else had not had 'Blessing' 'pure love' or romantic BG thingy in their story, that's why people didn't had any problem to like them. Story called them negative the way people seen it. 

Silsila is problematic because writers calling infidelity something PIOUS. 

Of course people watch it for entertainment. Entertainment means get some pleasure nahh that can happen any time then why some viewers tend to wait for next episode?  Doesn't it affect? Entertainment doesn't affect any important schedule. We, most of the online viewers, don't watch 20 minute regular, in fact some of us watch 10 episode in 10 minute, imagine the level of fast forwarding happens with us. Nothing can alter our mind until we allow so. But those who watches on TV, watches 20 minutes. Waits in between breaks too and after waiting when they watch eye lock between EMA couple with pure love dialogue, they tend to validate it. It may alter their mind. Their mind will not alter in 1 day but after month year, definitely can happen. And then when they will see it in neighborhood, this same person may say ''its okay, pyaarr hii toh hai kya kar sakta hai'' that person will not tend to support right person, person will TEND to support wrong doings. 

Colors exactly trying to do it. DSDT ended, started Silsila like W*F are they trying to do!! Although haven't watched single episode of DSDT but heard that had similar storyline. ðŸ˜³

No one learns from TV show but TV has huge influence on mindset. 

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I dislike Ross to the core but David was the most talented actor among his colleagues and he was appreciated for it, not only Ross but people hate Rachel too (I don't understand why?), it's all a part of the story, you watch, you get attached and you give your reason.

People love Daenerys Targaryen but when she burned down all the grain in last season, I saw hatred for her too, do they hate the actress? No, it was about the character only

I dislike Genny Weasley from Harry Potter, most shabby character, I don't even know the actress

Why in India people watch shows for actors and not the story? I have never watched anything for actors, yes, if the actor is good I think it increases the chance of movie being good but that's about it, why do we have to watch a show for actor and praise their acting all the time? I don't understand this thing, they are doing good, well it's their job, I am watching the show for the story, the characters not the actors

Maya from Beyhadh was loved by many because even if she was bad, she had a reason to be who she was, she never blamed God for her wrongdoings, nothing was done to justify her, just to show why she was like this, writing there was exceptionally good and Jenny's portrayal of it made me love her, i started watching Bepanah for her, but her character there isn't impressive so we have bashed her character relentlessly and thankfully her fans never hounded us
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DracarysTrio

I dislike Ross to the core but David was the most talented actor among his colleagues and he was appreciated for it, not only Ross but people hate Rachel too (I don't understand why?), it's all a part of the story, you watch, you get attached and you give your reason.

People love Daenerys Targaryen but when she burned down all the grain in last season, I saw hatred for her too, do they hate the actress? No, it was about the character only

I dislike Genny Weasley from Harry Potter, most shabby character, I don't even know the actress

Why in India people watch shows for actors and not the story? I have never watched anything for actors, yes, if the actor is good I think it increases the chance of movie being good but that's about it, why do we have to watch a show for actor and praise their acting all the time? I don't understand this thing, they are doing good, well it's their job, I am watching the show for the story, the characters not the actors

Maya from Beyhadh was loved by many because even if she was bad, she had a reason to be who she was, she never blamed God for her wrongdoings, nothing was done to justify her, just to show why she was like this, writing there was exceptionally good and Jenny's portrayal of it made me love her, i started watching Bepanah for her, but her character there isn't impressive so we have bashed her character relentlessly and thankfully her fans never hounded us

Everytime writing or execution is blamed, some take it for character bashing. I mean why?  This show did its biggest mistake by bringing God, noor-e-khuda bg. I mean it doesn't suit the plot.

As for Dany, last season I had similar feelings for her with bend the knee rant. But she is still not the worst in that show. 
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
First of all only in IF I ve heard this word BASHING. Whats the obsession with this word. If ur profession is such that you are constantly in public eye & public scrutiny there is bound to be bashing & trolling. Even a gentleman cricketer like Sachin gets bashed/trolled. Ppl ve called him selfish, has been etc etc. Same with politicians, writers, artists, actors etc. Ppl in this profession know the inherent risks associated with that job. Its like a pilot crying that he is scared of heights. Then u s'd not ve chosen tat profession. I remember wen Nayantara was cast as the character Sita in a telugu movie there was vicious trolling & ugly comments. But irony is tat movie was a hit & her acting was praised. Only here in IF ppl r so sensitive & cry about all this. In fact I am not impressed with Drashti's acting in this show. Either it c'd b a prob with her acting or may b issue with direction & script. The moment i say this a morcha ll come out saying she is jealous of DD, she hates her, bashing is not allowed. What nonsense. As I mentioned bashing is part & parcel of every celebrity. They get bashed, trolled, made fun of, insulted etc etc. I am not saying its correct but as I said its an occupational hazard. When even the actors & artists concerned shrug off these useless comments & go about their job calmly I am not sure wats the prob with folks here in IF. Just coz u like a person doesnt mean others s'd. I think Indians r too sensitive to criticism, sarcasm & dark humor. ppl s'd learn 2 chill & not take everything 2 their heart...
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angels11

First of all only in IF I ve heard this word BASHING. Whats the obsession with this word. If ur profession is such that you are constantly in public eye & public scrutiny there is bound to be bashing & trolling. Even a gentleman cricketer like Sachin gets bashed/trolled. Ppl ve called him selfish, has been etc etc. Same with politicians, writers, artists, actors etc. Ppl in this profession know the inherent risks associated with that job. Its like a pilot crying that he is scared of heights. Then u s'd not ve chosen tat profession. I remember wen Nayantara was cast as the character Sita in a telugu movie there was vicious trolling & ugly comments. But irony is tat movie was a hit & her acting was praised. Only here in IF ppl r so sensitive & cry about all this. In fact I am not impressed with Drashti's acting in this show. Either it c'd b a prob with her acting or may b issue with direction & script. The moment i say this a morcha ll come out saying she is jealous of DD, she hates her, bashing is not allowed. What nonsense. As I mentioned bashing is part & parcel of every celebrity. They get bashed, trolled, made fun of, insulted etc etc. I am not saying its correct but as I said its an occupational hazard. When even the actors & artists concerned shrug off these useless comments & go about their job calmly I am not sure wats the prob with folks here in IF. Just coz u like a person doesnt mean others s'd. I think Indians r too sensitive to criticism, sarcasm & dark humor. ppl s'd learn 2 chill & not take everything 2 their heart...

Indeed there is lot of senstivity to sarcasm. It's not easy to handle it. 
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Nobody has the right to tell me what to do and what to , unless I am.doing it to them ..there are  a few lovers haters group and I am not interested in the fan wars..both the sides are wrong , insensitive and wasting their time over ridiculous stuff..We don't own any actor.. .They don't need this kind of defence ..all this appears like religious fanaticism to me . Fighting over non existent entities and passing time . 

Angels, it's only ego and nothing else . You will be forever remembered for your bhabhi dig..lol ..wherever you go you will be judged by that one comment ..that is the only problem .  If someone says something bad to us we can't forget , we just hurt them back with full force . It will only disturb our peace of mind . Let's continue doing what we want to . Where I feel I cannot take opinions , I don't give them . But not all are like that . I have done a lot of childish stuff here on if..now I have crossed that level of insanity..it so happened that I posted something on yr  group and I was tagged as a hater..I retaliated with some post and now I m active there  and I don't remember also kiske saath ladai ki thi..that's me..
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _charu_

Nobody has the right to tell me what to do and what to , unless I am.doing it to them ..there are  a few lovers haters group and I am not interested in the fan wars..both the sides are wrong , insensitive and wasting their time over ridiculous stuff..We don't own any actor.. .They don't need this kind of defence ..all this appears like religious fanaticism to me . Fighting over non existent entities and passing time . 

Angels, it's only ego and nothing else . You will be forever remembered for your bhabhi dig..lol ..wherever you go you will be judged by that one comment ..that is the only problem .  If someone says something bad to us we can't forget , we just hurt them back with full force . It will only disturb our peace of mind . Let's continue doing what we want to . Where I feel I cannot take opinions , I don't give them . But not all are like that . I have done a lot of childish stuff here on if..now I have crossed that level of insanity..it so happened that I posted something on yr  group and I was tagged as a hater..I retaliated with some post and now I m active there  and I don't remember also kiske saath ladai ki thi..that's me..

I am still not sure wats so offensive bt tat. Honestly I still dont. Here is a woman who is still married (officially not yet divorced), lost her child in a miscarriage, met her childhood friend aft so many years, a friend who fought for her, gave her treatment, fed her, gave her a place to stay & she is romancing that v same friend's husband just few days/weeks aft losing her baby & coming out of an abusive marriage. Now check the dictionary for the definition of the word S***. Can some1 plz tell me under what category her actions come under. When u murder u ll b called a murderer, when u steal u ll b called a thief. If its gender biased then I did criticize Kunal as well. In fact he is 1 of the worst male lead along with prob Deep from IMMJ. Both break trust & toy with the woman who loved them. But ppl were so enraged. A person's character is judged based on their actions. Here both K & N make us cringe with their actions but ppl ve issues with certain words/adjectives i used. Quite laughable. Whats wrong in calling a spade a spade.
Edited by Metis - 5 years ago
chirpyhapibird thumbnail
Tv is only entertainment some people say and it is not influencing.
This is so 100 % wrong.
I see people imitating dress,behaviour and opinions completely based on tv...not necessraily serials.
Media of all forms influence people's mindset.
People hate on some characters.
Sometimes they hate the actors also because of characters they play.
Like i had very strong dislike for Ram abandoning sita.
When gurmeet was playing it,i couldnt tolerate his face.
Though he has nothing to do with Ram.
It took me a lot of time to forget his face as Ram .

we can still watch Tv.
I dont like any actor of this show.
Rajdeep heaping abuses on N would send cold chill.
I m glad i havent seen rain dance,confession or kheer  thing.
I have just read here.
I m sure if i visually see it...i will really hate N more.

We can dislike characters and actors and still watch a show.
Recently i watched ipkkdn 1.
i skipped all the scenes of shyaam.
I couldnt tolerate his face.
I still liked the show.
Broke record.
Watched all episodes within 7 days. 😲

Edited by chirpyhapibird - 5 years ago
amortentia15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I just wanna ask one question...
I have heard so many people saying dont like dont watch, this is fiction not real... And then contradicting their own statements innumerable number of times...
If characters plots ,situations of tv soaps did not influence people what is the blatant support that Kunan is getting despite what they are doing!?

amortentia15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshi_asya

What's with don't watch if you so hate the characters of the show?

I mean majority audience hates Ross Geller from Friends & they are still vocal about it, that show ended in 2004 & still Ross is criticized, is audience asked not to watch the show?? Was anyone learning to become like Ross. Has David Schwimmer been pointed out- NO. (Friends is still a rage & most watched show even now)

Joffrey-Cersei-Ramsay, few of the most hated characters & audience loves to declare that they hate them, is audience asked to not watch the show? Is audience learning to become like them- NO.

Zayed took a role in Haasil saying that people will love to hate him & God, he was so right. He was outrightly hated & that's what he wanted.

Viraj in Saubhagyavati Bhava was hated to the core & Karanveer took that as a huge compliment to his acting. Audience wasn't asked to stop watching the show. Was audience learning to become like Viraj.

Maya in Beyhadh was hated to the core & Jennifer took it as a huge compliment to her acting. Was audience provoked to become like Maya?

Because apparently, watching brings the TRP, something that matters the most. So, if a show is being watched, there is bound to be criticism. Makers care most about the fact that it is being watched. It's apparently business & criticism is intricate part of it.

People even criticize GOT writers & that's taken as a compliment to their work in order to improve it in future. That's how this works.

And actors here have done a good damn job at making us hate these (Kunal-Nandini) characters & they know about it. They are mature enough at taking this hatred for their character as love for their acting. They were good when they made us connect to Nandini's pain & same is happening now.

What's with watch a show only to appreciate the lead actors in it? People will watch the show & they will criticize it, even hate the characters & be vocal about  it.

Hate to a character=Love for the acting caliber of the actor

And actors know this theory. There are some characters audience loves to hate.

Grey or dark characters are hard to play because of the hatred that comes for the characters & that hatred explains the success of their decision.

So, why is it a problem if characters are hated? Because this hatred explains that the acting is good enough at this point & it's for the writer to improve the script all the more to keep the audience hooked to it. What's with the urge to be appreciated for the characters when the characters are actually meant to be hated & it's actually a compliment for their acting. It's the duty of the story to compel the audience to understand the characters for their actions. For this particular show, makers have done a very shabby job at that. So, it all comes down to writing that makes the certain characters loathsome. 

As for audience liking Mauli- why shouldn't her character be liked? She relates to everyone on a personal note- smart, suave, independent, beautiful, fierce, caring & loving. It's the writing about her that has earned her appreciation & audience'e sentiments just like it did for Nandini in the initial episodes.

Actors don't need to defend/justify the characters they play, nor do they need any audience to defend/justify them, it's the job of story to justify their characters, earn appreciation for them & engage the audience with them. And for that, there are story writers who lead the character development & story forward.

Is that such a hard thing to understand or grasp?  Problem with Indian TV makers & audience is that they find it hard to take criticism for the show. 

For them criticism of characters = bashing. 
But that's not so. 

Agree with everything

Honestly it does get repetitive! 
Who is anyone to tell me whenther I should watch or not
I can criticise a character if i dont like... But if you have a counter  argument come with it... If i want i will watch if indont frel.like i wont...