The 1st endeavour: An old OS on RaYa

maliha.islam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Hello Guys, 

Today, i came across to this very 1st write up of mine by chance, which i had written on 2012 as a part of a contest kept in somewhere else! I genuinely feel, this one has to be the most silly one i have ever tried, and probably a bit weak in conceptual term as well! there are numerous attempts like this which i haven't dared to share anywhere till now! ðŸ˜†

Since this was my 1st endeavour on RaYa that i tried six years back (i had to give it a try on request to take part in the contest and prepared something within an hour or so 😆), today, thought to post it here too! Please bear with the grammatical errors & misspells! 

Thank you all!  

31.12.2012 (around 10 PM)

Everyone, in red and white outfit, is enjoying the 31st night party. There is a feeling of joy everywhere. The students' r waiting eagerly to welcome the New Year, 2013. 

Vikram, (a First year student) is looking out everywhere for his friend ram. Finally Vikram finds him sitting on a desk. A healthy but handsome boy, lost in his own thought. 

Vilkram "ram, yar... tu yaha betha hai tu. Puri dunia tuje dhund rehe hai "asa kya hogaya duniya meh? ram says indifferently. 

In the meantime Neha, a chirpy girl arrives there... 
N Fatty, uth yaha se. let's go the hall room. Then she acts like an adamant child to make ram leave the seat, that reminds ram someone very special. 

FB scene 

It was the first day of his class. Ram chose a comfortable seat, beside the window. Ram was busy with his tab. suddenly he hears a voice which catches his attraction, He looked up & got charmed by the most beautiful lady of the world, (at least in his class!). 

A tall slim smart girl, wearing a black T- shirt with a blue jeans, & stylish spectacles bordered with an ash colour frame was standing in front of him. Ram gets lost for a while! 

"Excuse me", an arrogant voice claims. It was sounding like that she was doing a favour by saying the word. "Move on to the next seat, its mine!!
Her cranky demand makes ram to get back into the reality!! 

Ram acts like that he is looking out for something important on the desk "but, mam I can't see here ur name on the seat. May I know your name please?
Then ram looks back to his gang & everyone laughs. Ram grabs a cute smile on his face. 

The lady (ignoring the situation) "so, dude I need to give my introduction to u? What a joke!!
Ram "yes, it seems to be a joke. As you are a newbie here, so it's quite obvious that you need to introduce yourself.
Vikram steps into the matter "ram, yar we have completed our O Level from here. So we should welcome our all new classmates.
Vik hello, I m vikram. 
The lady hey, I m priya, Priya Sharma! 
All the students who were busy with each other, now look at the lady like that she is a wonder! 
Priya gives a winning look to ram & she feels quite sure that now ram will move from the seat. But for her utter surprise now ram grabs his seat more confidently!
Priya gives a sherni look to ram which means like this so now u will move from the seat right? 
Ram there are so many seats empty in the class room, why do u want this one? 
p- As it's the best! Some people are just destined to get the best & I m one of those!
R Then don't u think that its time Prove that u r the best! Let's have a panja ladai!
For the first time, priya looks at ram carefully & then she moves to the next seat!!! 

Class stars

Everyone gives a short introduction & eventually priya Sharma too. She has grabbed the second position in the first board exam & third in her O level & she is the daughter of the topmost industrialist of the country MR. sudhir Sharma. !!
Suddenly someone's introduction grabs priya's attention. It's none other than ram! So its ram kapoor, the boy who topped the board exam!! So it's the one who is responsible for making her second in her life. 

Break time 

Neha to ram- "Fatty, yar it's not fair. U had promised me that u will make ur new tune soon.
In the meantime, vikram calls them excitedly. "Guys, there is a breaking news. 
Both ram & neha rush to him & they get attracted by the notice board. 
There is a notice regarding the New Year party from the cultural club. It's written that there will be a New Year party & every student is bound to make entry in the cultural program. 

Class resumes

Miss santa, from the cultural club enters the class with a smile. Every student is assigned a task according to his or her interest area. Some people are getting a solo performance, some will have to perform in a group, or some will act as a pair. Those who will act in the group or pair will get their fellow mates through lottery! 
Then santa calls out for priya Sharma. "In your report card it's written that your hobby is dancing? It will be great to have you on the dance floor.
P - looks confused. Is it written there? actually...mam...I wrote that just to fill up the blank space. I don't even know the D of dancing! 
P- Brushes her fingers indifferently & says mam, I used to be a dancer but its no more mine space. 
S- So miss Sharma, please choose a chit from the bowl & get prepare for the performance.
P - Gets a red chit. Yuck! Hate red!
She opens the chit & feels like throwing it out. Her partner's name is ram! They will have to do a jugalbandi act where ram will play the guitar! And she will dance a classical number with the tune! What a pity!!
The thing that's making her more surprised that how this golu molu boy can can play a guitar! Does he know anything else apart from eating & studying?

Next day

R Prepares himself to talk to with the wonder lady & tries to find her. Suddenly he discovers her beneath a tree. But she seems to be lost! 
r- So, Priya. As usual u got the best, me, as your partner. 
p- Gets awakened & (hiding her bleakness) ohh, my goodness, I m thinking to quit. 
r- How can Priya Sharma quit? He specially insists on the word "Sharma.
This leaves Priya into deep thinking & ram gets lost in her eyes. 
R (thinking) Why do these calm, quite eyes try to convey something else? Why do I feel that there lies a candid Priya behind this arrogant girl? 
P Actually I m not quitting baby, I m being kind to u! U will not be able to match with me.
R Ooh, yah? Guitar is my passion babe. 
p- And dancing is mine. 
r- Then why were u trying to ignore it? 
Ram feels that he has questioned a touchy segment.,so, r u ready for the challenge?
p- R u challenging me? It will get heavy on u, dear. 
R- Ready to bear the weight. 
p- Suits u the most!
Then both smile while Ram discovers that she owns an elegant smile. 
r- So will catch u in the evening on auditorium for the further discussion & practice.

Evening (auditorium)

Everyone is busy in discussing their parts. Ram sees Priya standing in a corner. Priya gives a look like she was not interested to be there but came there by chance! 
r- So, Priya. At first u need to listen to my new tune, then u can prepare your steps that match with the tune. 
P Why I need to match with ur crap tune? At first, u have to see my steps then u will make ur tune that matches with mine, As simple as that. 
Neha was passing by the side when she sees ram & priya.
n- Fatty, are u done with ur tune? Kitni din se bol rehi hu, aaj toh teri kher nai. 
R Areh! aaja darling, I m super tayyar with it. 
Priya notices that everyone gets in a round, to listen to his tune. 
P (thinking) these people seem so close to each other. Just like a family. 
Ram (playing his guitar) Priya is mesmerized by it. "How can a person play it so magnificently? There lies an alchemy in it.

Roadside joint 

Its friends' panipuri party! Vik & Neha invite Priya to join them. But Priya says that she is ok. 
R- priya, I m telling u, u goona miss it. 
Ram is enjoying panipuri with his friend circle, His expression saying that he is having the most delicious thing & enjoying the most precious moment of his life. 

Night time (Priya @ her room)  

She practices some dance step after a long time. 
She stands in front of a happy size photo, a pic of a little cute girl with a lady. She wants to share her hidden feeling but...cant expresses...Then a drop of tears flow down her eyes. She feels that an impalpable voice suggests her that she should go ahead! 
She searches her university portal & finds ram's phone number, mail address. Instantly, she sends a friend request to ram. Surprisingly, he was online & he accepts her request.

On MSN 

r- Hey! What reminded u of me? 
p- Basketball!
r- Girl! Have u read my profile from the web portal? 
p- Someone seems so intelligent! Of course, anyone will read if u advertise it ur hobbies openly. 
R Some dreams remain a dream only! 
P- And some realities are like bad dreams. 
R Hmm? 
p- Nothing yar! But why to play basketball will remain ur dream? 
R From childhood, I never won any basketball game! All the slender type boys & girls used to jump over me & could easily basket the ball. 
Priya couldn't control her laughter. 
p- U must have won all the panja ladai type games? LOL
R- Let me share a secret. I am not good at it but nobody even dared to give it a try with me! 
p- Poor guys! Didn't even give it a try! 
r- Then u r one of them as u too got scared. 
p- Remember, I favoured u! 
R- Listen, I m trying to build up a new tune as u told that u would not be toeing ur feet with the old one I made , though it's not working out. 
P (making excuses) - actually...we don't have much time. So I will have to bear with ur old tune!
R haha! Just knew it! 
P (trying to ignore)- ok. Got to go.bye. 
R Will catch u tomorrow. 

Next day (rehearsal hall)

Both of them practicing together, ram sees Neha thereby & asks "oye, darling, how is it?
Neha - it seems that the tune was made only for that one day she will dance on it! They are done around 8pm. 

It's raining outside 

Priya seems tensed. Ram was about to leave but he stops at the gate- 
R Won't u go, now? 
P- My driver has not come yet. He informed me that it will take at least an hour to get out from the damn traffic. 
R Mine informed me the same! So will u wait here? 
p- Of course. 
R Then best of luck! Its Mumbai's traffic, moreover, it's raining. It will take 3 hours at least! It's better to walk for 30 mns. 
P - But it's raining! How can u walk? The road will be so filthy! Chee!
Ram flashes his trademark smile & get out from the gate. 
Priya too walks toward him, "ram yar, u will get drenched.
R (smiling)- Priya, u r getting wet too. Why have u come outside? 
P yar, I wanted to discuss about the performance. 
R Priya, get at least a believable reason to get drenched. 
Priya smiles. 
R Whenever u smile...
p- What? 
R- Hmmm..Nothing...Then it lightens from the sky! 
R - I think as u don't like rain, u may get cough! 
P who discovered this formula? 
R If we love something, then it won't ever hurt us.  
p- If we love someone, then they hurt us the most. 
R- Priya, u haven't tell me anything about u. every time there. I feel there is a hidden pain in ur words. 
P (ignoring) - u too didn't tell me anything about u. 
R ur favourite person? 
p- My mom. 
r- Wow! I will go with my dad. 
P (sighing) U know ram, I used to be a happy girl like others when my mom was alive. But she left me one day & took away all my happiness. My parents had an arranged marriage & dad never loved my mom as he had an affair before the marriage. And mom couldn't bear the pain! After her death, dad realized his mistake. He repents every minute but I will never forgive my dad! He snatched my mom from me! Dad wanted to me to be a dancer. 
R May be your mom gave away all the happiness to u that was of her. May be she still wants that u will live her life.
p- But now she can't see me.
R May be she can! Its u, who is not seeing her! 
Now Priya tend to forget that she is getting drenched. They keep walking together. There r sounds of lightning, but they are busy in their own world. 

Campus (break time)

All being really done with their hectic schedule, decide to go for a picnic on their regular visiting spot. 

Evening (ram & Priya online)

R Priya, we have decided the menu. Now u decide that which dish u will prepare. 
p- Have u gone mad? If I cook something, then my buddies will have to be admitted into the hospital. I can't take this level of risk. 
R I m amazed Priya, that u r doing a favour on us again! 
p- U r acting like that u r the master chef of India.
R U will get the proof tomorrow. Go to sleep now. 

Picnic venue 

Master Chef India is busy with baking aaloo parathas. 
p- yar, how could u give it such a perfect shape? 
R it's very much easy Priya. 
P- I know, I can make it better than u!
Priya tries hard to give a shape to her paratha, finally she becomes successful to give it the shape of an Indian map!
r- Priya, urs one is better than mine. Mine is looking like an empty sky. And urs one is like a shining star. Both of them will complete each other. 

Evening (at the Caf balcony)

Ram (looking at the sky with a dreamy look) Priya taps on his shoulder. 
p- What r u searching in the sky, our star parathas? 
R Priya, look at the moon. May be its ur mom, everyday who comes here with a new ray of hope that u will give another chance to ur dad. 
"Life is very short priya. please give it a chance. if u don't burry ur bad memories, how will u welcome the new one?
Before Priya could say anything suddenly some kids come there from the nearby slum (caped with mud) & ram gets busy with them. It feels that they share some kind of janam janam ka rishta. 

Kids ram bhai, ye ladki kaun hai, Nayi girl friend hai kya? 
R Shut up. Jo naye word sikhaya tha pichle bar o yaad hai? 
The kids ignore ram & ask priya- Aap batao "A se kya hota hai? 
P- "A for apple. 
"aaj kal apple kaun khata hai? A se aloo paratha hote hai. 
b se kya hote hai? Nai aate apko? Buddhu! 
Then they keep playing the word association game & the kids get stuck at the word "L. 
This time Priya comes up with a great word "laddo!
Kids- aapko kuch v nai aati. Ram bhai isse toh kuch v nai aati.purani wali hi acchi thi!
Priya feels that the moon is not shining anymore !!! 
Kids leave the place as they could feel the heat of the moment. 
Ram tries to explain the situation but before that Priya says "who r u to talk about my personal life? What do u know apart from some formula of math, & to eat I can't dance with the fattiest guy, get ur acchi wali girl friend back! Then she walks away. After that, three days have passed but she haven't contacted him for once. 

31.12.2012 (11.39 PM)

Suddenly the same arrogant voice demands "excuse me? which drags ram back to the present. Priya was standing there. "Will u dance with me? 
R There are so many slim boys in the class, then why me? 
P As I deserve the best!
R But I don't. 
p- U do ram. I never said that I m the best, its u ram who can make me the best! I m sorry, yar,That day I reacted badly when those kids told that u have a GF.
R Why it makes so difference to u?
p- Because I want to get drenched with u, without my star paratha, ur sky will b empty, I want to learn new words with u! 
R That's we have already done Priya. 
p- Then I want to eat pani puri with u,I want to make u win in the basketball game.& the most important thing, if u don't play ur tune tonight, then how can my dad enjoy my performance, after years? Then my mom will not shine in the sky!! I can't bear that! Tears flow down her eyes. Yes u r right, if we don't get out of our bad memories, we will not b able to welcome the new one, so I can accept that there was someone in ur past but I can't bear that someone will take my place in your life in ur present. 
R Come on! Priya, they were talking about Neha as I call her darling. No one can take ur place. U r special to me!
Priya shines like a full moon. "God, it's already 11.55 let's join the party. 

Together they welcome the New Year! Both of them r just looking more than perfect in red outfit, as RED is, the colour of love, passion!!

[And this is not the end of the story as there is no end to love! Together they just start the new journey in this New Year!]

Edited by maliha.islam - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
anything related to raya is always welcome. don't ever think k this is ur weak write up. we all rayans r so mad about raya..k we always want to read about them.
such is a charm of RaYa/ RaShi
LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It was a welcome change with RaYa scene and little different with college bg. Ram Priya has different perspective but still they are happy to share their sorrows and happiness with each other.