Gauri - Dharam OS - Peace

NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
There are times in life when no matter how many people surround you , you still feel alone. No matter the space around you, you still feel claustrophobic.

Gauri was experiencing one such day. Not that her days since arriving in Ram Nam Gath where particularly cheerful. Even when she did not believe in the supernatural, the place never gave her a good vibe. As if the very air was dangerous to breathe and now she was literally about to walk to her death. At this thought, the tears that had been quelled welled up again and began tracing the now familiar path down her face. This was probably her last night with her family. The gamble was fifty-fifty. If the Aghori baba did not show up, she will most certainly die because she wasn't about to live with that abhorrent Tantrik.

" Gauri " Dharam's warm voice addresses her from behind.

Turning around her eyes automatically went to his wrist to check for the sacred thread. She had no mood to play another one of her zombie sister's games.

"Don't worry it's me Dharam took a step forward and then hesitated.

To tide over the now perpetual awkwardness between them Gauri asked " What are you doing here this late at night?

"Wedding preparations Dharam replied not bothering to hide his annoyance "Though I fervently wish I could burn it all down,must keep up the charade

" I am sorry , I forgot how hard this must be on you. He is your best friend and he is walking right into a death trap

"Not as hard as it is on you

Gauri turned to face the sky again. Her knuckles where white over the parapet, hard cement digging into her soft flesh.

Stupid heart !

She felt Dharam move to stand beside her, still maintaining a respectable distance. His eyes were trained on her face

" Please stop crying Gauri. We'll find a way to save him. I always knew he was an idiot but I never believed he was such a blithering one

Gauri chuckled through her tears " Yeah he can be really foolish "

" You must know exactly how I feel ,don't you and I am the one who did it you. I guess karma exists after all "

" Hey we can never help who we fall in love with "

" But it hurts so much and I didn't even realise I was ...

" Love has that quality. It can bawl you over in a matter of seconds

"Our brains should be able to control our heart you know, to stop us from making stupid mistakes Gauri said, sniffling.

" We wouldn't be the beautiful mess we are then Gauri. Without our hearts we wouldn't be us

" I know I know... I just " Gauri balled her fists in frustration and banged them on the parapet.

In a heartbeat, Dharam caught her hands

"What are you doing? Trying to hurt yourself physically won't help he checked her hands anxiously.
Gauri saw his eye brows furrowing at the bruise forming on the side of her palms. This man cared for her so much. He declared his love for her and was willing to cross any hurdle with her. Why then was she pining over someone who wouldn't even speak with her, who blew hot and cold at all moments and who now clearly did not want to see her.

Dharam caught her looking at him and let go of her hands.

" I am sorry, I shouldn't have he looked away.

" It's okay. It's nice to have someone caring. Thank you for being here for me Dharam. I know now how much I must've hurt you and you are still here with me. I'll miss you

" Why will you miss me? " Dharam looked at her in confusion.

" I meant when we return back home

Gauri could see that Dharam was not convinced but she did not elaborate. They settled into a comfortable silence and for the first time that night Gauri felt something akin to peace inside her.

A/N
Writing after a long gap. Gauri - Dharam , to me, would make a great pair. Doesn't mean I hate GauRaj , so no bashing will be entertained. Read, like and leave a comment. Criticisms are always welcome, as long as they are in a civil manner. Laptop not available, hence typed on phone, forgive me if the format cusses you any discomfort in reading.
Cheers
NidhaEdited by UmIbrahim - 5 years ago