My entry in Roop has catapulted the show to the top 10 : Shashank Vyas

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Shashank Vyas' entry in Colors' Roop Mard Ka Naya Swaroop has made the difference in numbers and in a conversation with IWMBuzz.com, he gets talking about his role and show.

Shashank Vyas's dad has given up on his son. He so wanted to see his good-looking, talented son to walk down the aisle; however his son is not really interested to get hitched as of now.

"One can't really plan these things. When the right girl comes along, I will say yes. It is all up to destiny, says Shashank.

For the moment, Shashank is enjoying playing the protagonist in Roop Mard Ka Naya Swaroop, on Colors. "It is not a small feat to get a title character, he states.

"One of the main reasons for saying yes was that this Rashmi Sharma Production has the right mix of entertainment and messaging. Plus, I am coming back home to Colors, after Balika Vadhu, he adds.

Here, he is very happy to note that the numbers of the show have gone up from 1.2 to 1.8, post his entry.

"We are now not only in the top 10, but #2 on the channel. This shows that the public likes my work and our story. Normally, I am not a TRP guy, but since I am being seen at 9 pm, the responsibility does go up, says Shashank, who had earlier done Balika Vadhu and Jaana Na Dil Se Door.

He smartly did not answer whether the story will eventually move to a similar plot as Ki and Ka. "Right now, we are focused on his college life, where he has just got expelled. Roop digs a girl who does not care a fig for him yet.

Given the way child Roop was shown, is there a fear that your character will be effeminate? "No; while my character loved to cook, he would equally want to ride a bike as well. There is nothing wrong in being sensitive and crying sometimes.

"I don't think machismo means building a body and abusing women. A real man is someone who respects women and wipes their tears, he categorically states.

On set, he is closest to Yash Tonk, who plays his onscreen father. "In real life, he is totally opposite to his character that of a very stern father, who wants Roop to be alpha male. Although Yash is mature in age, he comes down to our level and we have a blast.

Best of luck for this outing, Shashank!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanx 4 sharing!
btw why the title is like this? bcoz nowhere he'd said himself that his entry catapulted the show to top 10. its the media which is saying this. 
why they r making it luk like hes bragging?
Siya2202 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The best line of this interview is-'roop digs a girl who doesn't care a fig for him yet'πŸ˜†
His answers are so cool...just love it! 
Hope Donal too sees itπŸ˜‰
yanks28 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: tiny15

thanx 4 sharing!

btw why the title is like this? bcoz nowhere he'd said himself that his entry catapulted the show to top 10. its the media which is saying this. 
why they r making it luk like hes bragging?

IDK why but this is not the first time...even 1-2 other articles made it sound like he's talking as if he thinks it's only HIS show and knowing Shashank he'd never say anything like this...I also opened this article trying to find where he said that he catapulted the show with his entry 
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: yanks28

IDK why but this is not the first time...even 1-2 other articles made it sound like he's talking as if he thinks it's only HIS show and knowing Shashank he'd never say anything like this...I also opened this article trying to find where he said that he catapulted the show with his entry 

they even tweeted this article & title was same.it was by indianwikimedia .i just replied 2 them on b land.
where hav u read those articles?bcoz till now only see this which makes it luk like its his show only.
but its really bad.
rembr even during jndsd there came an article on TB where writer himself said hes back bone of the show and those GFN actor's fans started accusing him & bashing him & saying that he thinks high of  himself  even tho it was writer  who'd written that & even shanky in sum IV was asked abt it & he said he dint say that.

Edited by tiny15 - 5 years ago
ssuuvvii thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Yes .Such title give wrong impression..But media deliberately use such things so that person open the article..Cz they earn through number  Of clicks...
yanks28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tiny15

they even tweeted this article & title was same.it was by indianweekmedia .i just replied 2 them on b land.

where hav u read those articles?bcoz till now only see this which makes it luk like its his show only.
but its r eally bad.
rembr even during jndsd there came an article on TB where writer himself said hes back bone of the show and those GFN actor's fans started accusing him & bashing him & saying that he thinks of himself high even tho it was writer  who'd written that & even shanky in sum IV was asked abt it & he said he dint say that.

I wanted frequenting JNDSD forum so much but I do remember something like that...which led to a huge controversy...
yanks28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssuuvvii

Yes .Such title give wrong impression..But media deliberately use such things so that person open the article..Cz they earn through number  Of clicks...

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/47003-shashank-vyas-expresses-his-happiness-on-the-rising-trps-of-roop.htm

even this article doesnt make mention of the other cast members and makes it all sound one sided...as if he only thinks of himself...he said hes close to Yash Tonk and that shows you he's not a self-absorbed actor...very wrong to portray him this way esp when hes been on one show for 5 years and it ran before he ever entered it...and these daily shows are a grind ...and literally everyone works their tails off...
maria13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
These online portals love to give sensational headlines for more clicks Shashank is too humble to take all the credit himself We know he since BV days always put others ahead of him when it comes to give credit of the success of his show 
While its true his entry in this show gave the rise to the trps but he is giving credit to everyone and thanking the audience for liking the show
Edited by maria13 - 5 years ago
ssuuvvii thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Well..We can't do anything about it...These portals won't change..