LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

When Kareena Kapoor Khan called Ameesha Patel a bad actress

• IndiaToday.in
  • New Delhi
  • July 24, 2018 UPDATED: July 24, 2018 18:01 IST
Kareena Kapoor Khan and Ameesha Patel

The year 2000 witnessed two major debuts- Kareena Kapoor Khan in Refugee, which starred Abhishek Bachchan and Ameesha Patel in Kaho Na Pyaar Hai, which had Hrithik Roshan as the male lead.

It is widely known that Kareena was supposed to make her debut opposite Hrithik Roshan in Kaho Naa...Pyaar Hai, but she walked out of the film and it went to Ameesha instead. When the film went on to become a huge hit while her own debut, Refugee, sank without a race, Kareena made some disparaging remarks about Ameesha.

She said, "Hrithik's dad spent five hours on every frame and close-up of his son, whereas not even five seconds were spent on Ameesha. There are portions in the film where she has pimples and under-eye bags on her face. If I were in the film, I would have definitely got a better deal, but I still feel that the attention would have been divided between us. So, I'm glad I didn't do the film."

It didn't end there. Later, after the massive success of Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Kareena bared all her feelings about Ameesha in an interview.

Kareena said that she had tried to make peace with Ameesha. She said that she even went up to greet her in award functions.

"I have no problems with Amisha Patel. In fact, I even called her up after Gadar. I thought she was good, and I told her so. Even at one of the award functions, I went up to her and said hello. If that's not graciousness, then what is? What more can I do to make peace?

On the contrary, her mother has been bitching about me to all and sundry. She's been going around saying that who does Kareena Kapoor think she is. She has given only flops. She'll never make it. Fine. So what happened to Amisha Patel's Zindagi Ka Safar? If Amisha's so confident of her talent then why is she screaming about her hits? Okay, so I have given only flops, but why am I still being paid more than her?" Kareena had told an entertainment portal.

She also explained why she had called Amisha a bad actress at the time. "I said that (Amisha is a bad actress) only because I was categorically asked whether she's a bad actress. So I said who was I to make such a statement? Who am I to judge her? I have never bad mouthed Amisha Patel. She's a colleague. She's working with my sister. But when I hear rubbish spoken about me, I won't tolerate it.

"I carried Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai on my shoulders. Zindagi Ka Safar was riding on Amisha's shoulders. What happened? See, I'm not fighting for the number 1 slot. If she wants the number 1 throne, she's welcome to it. If she wants, I'll even sit at her feet. If that makes her happy, I'll be happy. I'm not competing with her. There's no comparison. We don't even do similar kind of movies. She can never do the movies I've done."

Today Kareena is one of the most-sought after stars in Bollywood, whereas Amisha Patel is still struggling to make a mark. Kareena made a comeback to films after two years with Veere Di Wedding, which did quite well at the box office.

ALSO READ: When Kareena and Bipasha had a major catfight, and it got physical

ALSO WATCH: Are Kareena Kapoor Khan and Rani Mukerji having a cold war?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ahhh blast from the past TFS
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
those were the times man
we are on IF at the wrong time

imagine the masala if IF was there back then when actresses would make these statements..full on popcorn..now everyone is too dignified and sweet..how boring!! 
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
About getting a raw deal in KNPH, Ameesha herself had said that Rakesh Roshan was least bothered about her and paid all attention to Hrithik only... so Kareena is saying the same thing...
grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I thought Ameesha looked really good in KNPH. I don't remember seeing pimples or under eye bags. 
Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Amisha has two of the biggest hits: Kaho Na Pyar Hain and Gadar. She had a substantial role in both. And she played the part well. 
Nikhil718 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The irony of a terrible actress calling some else a bad actress is laughable.

Both of them crap but I'll take Kareena over Ameesha Patel any day. At least she has acted well in some movies but Ameesha has hardly given any good performance.
JackOfAllTrades thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well its true.but Kareena is pretty bad in acting too.
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Kareena Kapoor's interviews from 2000 to 2002 are SOLID GOLD ðŸ¤ª
I used to buy most of my film magazines in that era too. She was so cocky and spoilt and entitled, my toes still curl reading them back.

Blackwater thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Didn't she call salman a bad actor? This is nothing she has talked way too offensive before