Bepannah, My thoughts,Friend's chilling night out

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Bepannah ~My thoughts ~ep 89 19.7.18. Friends chilling night out!

What a cool episode! As one would say in slang ! It's no surprise ice cream is yet again used as one harmless indulgence by the cv's. Previously ice cream warmed and rekindled kinship between two brothers Adi and Arjun. This episode carries forward the idea of two  mates Adi and Zoya tucking into  ice cream. A  famous poem describes this  chilled sweet treat as being potentially symbolic of "life, youth, enjoyment and extravagance!.. The  writer goes so far as to describe ice cream as being  symbolic  of youthful lust!  I would see it as the drive to overindulgence,  to feed ones self! Youth is usually equated with a time of life, whereby one is seen as being free without a care in the world. Enjoying  life, commonly with peers. Looking at how both Adi and Zoya devour the ice cream cones  is certainly a show of how much both enjoy the midnight binge. To me the scene is about sweet chilled moments. Where the bond of friendship gives allowance to  breaking conventional house rules, in the dead of the night! Two friends, following an impulse to self indulge! lump the propriety as it were! For Zoya certainly its her chance to show Adi the break through in her personality.

What a thrilling back drop! While the whole world slept at the dead of night, midnight the quietest, darkest part of night. The foe within Hooda household comes into the house through the front door with much authority  bequeathed upon him. It's the hooded figure of Harsh. He conceals a secret, Sakshi's kidnapping. Adi in a hurry stumbles across his father. Harsh lies and Adi believes his father was out jogging. But Adi too is equally furtive about what he's planning to do at the midnight hour.

It's her impulsiveness which she takes a bit of from Adi that makes her phone him and call him out at a god forsaken hour! Its funny to see her sitting on the bonnet of her car! Viva the new age woman! who calls a bloke out. Dressed in pristine white shows she maybe found in a controversial  scenario, bold as brass! But her spirit and intent are pure white as snow. All she wants is to bond!  chillax with a chum! she hadn't seen for a while! Adi comes.. he was bound to come and see for himself what this  Zoya was up to!  Even his reference to time does not stop her from saying exactly what she felt! She wanted him all to herself! So they can have a  natter, just like friends  do! Her enthused arguments astound him. Like once when he used to bamboozle her with arguments ! not  let her have a word edgeways! Today she commands and he obeys! Today she dares him to do the extraordinary.. have ice cream to warm their hearts! It's a sight to see how Adi gives into her demands ,commands, tantrums for a week! As a punishment  to appease her for the favour he lost with her, when without a hint or a adios! He vanished from her life for half a year!!

The seven days of fun with Adi will be tipped when she faces Anjana's militancy for seven days in preparation of the Hooda's anniversary. For then, the chilling yet warming experiences with Aditya will change to the cold burning  sores of going through the experiences with  Anjana's icy   frigid attitudes..

The contrast of elements, fire and water, and hot and cold are symbolic in the episode. Water .. the symbol of change and transformation, renewal, comes in the form of the untimely Mumbai rains!  Water in a change of state, is  also   marked by Zoya's unconventional  ice cream binge  at midnight. The darkest  hour midway between  the previous day and the  movement of time towards the new day.  Adi and Zoya meet, at a point where old things pass, giving place for new things to set in. New  more reinforced, unchangeable friendship between the two.

Water in a changed state, ties in with the symbolic message of radio Zindagi radio life.. which rather aptly  broadcasts a message to these  ice cream bingers ! don't hang onto life like an ice cream cone..in hand.!  before one knows it the ice cream melts away! even before one can relish it!  Don't restrict yourself!  live life in abundance. As Life is too short to be wasted away. Carpe diem!  Seize the moment!

The rain, the ice cream, all serve to rebuild, renew, and refresh their friendship . References , to fever. Hints of a warmth gradually progression of a loyal yet disciplined bond  between the two. When greedy , self indulgent Zoya gets ice cream on the corner of her mouth. Despite the privacy of the car,  the informality  of jokes floating  between them. Adi still maintains his honour and nobility in respecting Zoya's virtue. He resists laying even a finger on her! uses a tissue to dab the side of her lips. Even the close proximity, fails to tempt Adi to take advantage of a  stunning looking woman! he knows when to say NO!  to sweets!!

However the bobby on the beat! Does book Adi in for obscenity! Have to say it was a hilarious scene! Harshad and jenny in role were just split me up !  Harshad  with his who me? innocent looks and Jenny as the shirty wife who saves her husband from being called obscene !for Adi it was another instance where he sees, Zoya doing an ad lib in his style! calls him,  her husband! talks herself cleverly out of the sticky situation! beats around the bush! saves Adi by some mind boggling statements, Waffles on, weaves arguments, name dropping! Till Zoya finally gets the better of an on patrol duty policeman!!  Adi stands speechless. The  change of state in this girl , perplexes him to no end. How once she only whimpered. Now she argues, lies through her teeth till the cows come home.. all to protect him fiercely!

Actually outside she saves Adi and within the house she saves Noor from her father's wrath ,when he catches Noor furtively  engaged in a lovey dovey chat with Arjun on the phone. Although Zoya saves the day with a helping of ice cream for abbu Waseem! she advises Noor to tell her father about her and Arjun's love..

Zoya,is so right when she maintains all change is inevitable. However that which is not subject to change is their friendship! Yet within the speaker there is much change. Zoya  may not sense it but others see Adi in her! Aditya sees it.

When Adi meets the man in the mirror after his midnight ice cream binge with Zoya.His  mirror image  reveals the likeness of Zoya in part of his persona! It all makes sense to him now, as FB's whizz past his mind. He trained her when she was at her weakest. Went away and now upon his return, not for a moment does she cease to amaze him.How much of himself has rubbed off on her.The once wimpy pretty princess is a bold near enough representation of himself, impulsive, happy go lucky, living for the moment! Tenderly he gazes upon his much healed and humbled face. Within his stare at his own reflection, Adi discovers, Zoya's face ! senses his belief in himself returns through her actions. Once again he feels the urge to live again! Hamlet53.20.7.18

Overall   a fine and profound episode, laced with a some fantastic interaction between two close friends. Sharing what they love most. Each other's precious company.Their exchange of many smiles, Throughout the episode marks an agreement they strike with each other. That no matter how scenarios, circumstances pan out hot or cold! Zoya in particular will stand by Adi in facing ,and crossing both the river of fire and the tempest of the seas! Harshad and Jennifer bring alive the characters of Zoya and Aditya.. simply incredible!

Hammie's Bepannah Thoughts Index

Edited by Hamlet53 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maryam2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
amazing analysis!! yesterday's episode was really really cute😳
It's the hooded figure of Harsh. He conceals a secret, Sakshi's kidnapping. Adi in a hurry stumbles across his father. Harsh lies and Adi believes his father was out jogging. But Adi too is equally furtive about what he's planning to do at the midnight hour.

yeah this was a bit shocking.. i wasn't expecting papa hooda to be that guy..

Today she dares him to do the extraordinary.. have ice cream to warm their hearts! It's a sight to see how Adi gives into her demands ,commands, tantrums for a week! As a punishment  to appease her for the favour he lost with her, when without a hint or a adios! He vanished from her life for half a year!!

hahaha the way she was ordering him was too funny😆

He resists laying even a finger on her! uses a tissue to dab the side of her lips. Even the close proximity, fails to tempt Adi to take advantage of a  stunning looking woman! he knows when to say NO!  to sweets!!

we all died there😳 and when she referred him as her 'shauhar'😆
loved the whole episode.. specially when adi was thinking about her and ended up smiling😳

sun2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Superb post dear Hamlet. You use the word - profound - exactly what Harshad Chopda used in his recent offscreen rapid fire interview when he and Jen thanked fans so nicely and he spoke eloquently to say fans perceive in between Andy beyond lines and their acting and they are all profound and make them think indeed they are doing very good and are great actors.
Hope you see that rapid fire of harshad and Jenny in you tube. Sorry I don't know how to post the video though.
Ayraa-MK thumbnail
ooo Hamie dear i loved this review. Amazing
Hamlet53 thumbnail
helooo Maryam2 back to your number one position in commenting..😃 may be because I posted at a decent hour
amazing analysis!! yesterday's episode was really really cute😳
It's the hooded figure of Harsh. He conceals a secret, Sakshi's kidnapping. Adi in a hurry stumbles across his father. Harsh lies and Adi believes his father was out jogging. But Adi too is equally furtive about what he's planning to do at the midnight hour.

yeah this was a bit shocking.. i wasn't expecting papa hooda to be that guy..
true say... this is the twist.. may be used to dupe viewers... however its no secret that Harsh and Anjana both  back each other...Anjana is a follower...Harsh is the one who leads..
Today she dares him to do the extraordinary.. have ice cream to warm their hearts! It's a sight to see how Adi gives into her demands ,commands, tantrums for a week! As a punishment  to appease her for the favour he lost with her, when without a hint or a adios! He vanished from her life for half a year!!

hahaha the way she was ordering him was too funny😆
yes... and is a meek as a lamb.. before the lioness.. ready for slaughter😆...
He resists laying even a finger on her! uses a tissue to dab the side of her lips. Even the close proximity, fails to tempt Adi to take advantage of a  stunning looking woman! he knows when to say NO!  to sweets!!

loved the whole episode.. specially when adi was thinking about her and ended up smiling😳
yes Maryam..after a long while I enjoyed having a laugh! this time Zoya orchestrating  the tamasha instead of Adi!      thanks for your sweet   comment.. btw.. I melt for kulfi desi style!!  😛... much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail
helllooo sunshine😃.. these days can only bask in the sun!
Superb post dear Hamlet. You use the word - profound - exactly what Harshad Chopda used in his recent offscreen rapid fire interview when he and Jen thanked fans so nicely and he spoke eloquently to say fans perceive in between Andy beyond lines and their acting and they are all profound and make them think indeed they are doing very good and are great actors.
ohhh that sounds just great... well that's what makes actors stars! when they strike a rapport with their fans and patrons!
Hope you see that rapid fire of harshad and Jenny in you tube. Sorry I don't know how to post the video though.
will  check if I can watch their interview.. just wishing them best of every thing.. so that they can give Bepannah joy to their viewers.. lovely to hear from you..much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AyraaMalik

ooo Hamie dear i loved this review. Amazing

helooo AyraaMalik,😃lovely   to see you and receive your gracious comment... much love yours hammie.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@hammie I liked ur reference of hot and cold. Actually ice cream itself is like that. Cold to eat, hot to body. Or it is like telling nothing is same as it looks. And the cop scene and the scene in hooda mansion reinforces it. Papa hooda has a secret but is it related to sakshi or what pooja has written in the diary. Because sakshi kidnapper is a woman. Not sure whether it is anjana. I am not sure whether I am liking this idea of both hooda parents as kidnappers or murderers. Nevertheless I know one thing. Anjana is afraid of zoya because she believes that girl will open the doors of truth which can unmask the mighty hoodas. To some extent I feel wasim dislike of adi is also because of truth. We know wasim is also hiding something. Mirror part u have highlighted well don't want to add anything there but a few words in zoya dressing.  We know adiya are not married. But does the dress define the purity of a married woman. Does sindoor and mangalsutra the sign of a perfect virtuous woman. Even without these symbols today zoya protected adi's honor. Just like he took her hand in wedding mandap when he was not obliged to do so. We saw poosh pic in supermarket holding a trophy as a couple. No police would have questioned if they were romancing in public also. Because pooja was in Saree with all marriage symbols and yash in formal suits. Did the world know what that woman was doing was insulting the very same symbols that gave her protection from moral police. Zoya dress was white and so will be her virtue. Adi won't allow this world to touch it because if she had stained it she had done it for him only. 
Maryam2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

yes Maryam..after a long while I enjoyed having a laugh! this time Zoya orchestrating  the tamasha instead of Adi!      thanks for your sweet   comment.. btw.. I melt for kulfi desi style!!  😛... much love hammie

heheh just call me maryam😳
yeah the hooda mystery is confusing😆
u mentioned kulfi😲 i love it too 😆
coolgal270 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you Hammie for such a delightful read as always...loved your cold/hot , night/water references!!
For me the mirror scene was the highlight of the epi!

Much love always,Sumi!