Bepannah,My thoughts, The masked sojourner .

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Bepannah ~My thoughts ~ep 87 17.7.18.  The masked sojourner   

He was terribly missed by his family and his friend Zoya. The day dawns and Aditya Hooda breaks his self imposed six months silence and turns up at Hooda house as suddenly as he left the place. Zoya's unusual plan's thunder is stolen by Adi unannounced entry. Nothing much had changed , he sees his mother physically hurling  Zoya at the police. Had he not slipped in unobtrusively Zoya would have fallen. But where Adi is, Zoya will miss a fall only to be caught by Adi himself in person! All charges against Zoya are dropped! Her wrists in handcuffs were worth it! Seeing him before her, its all smiles for her. The manner in which she clasps her handcuffed in sheer joy! is a radiant sight  plus her exclamation Aditya has returned! Her plan worked! Negates her crime. In contrast Adi's quizzical expression  at the word plan!  Shows us clearly ,Adi's return is prompted by Zoya's appeal to him on the award night, and not her criminal  plan. For Adi in the first instance, his return is marked by, all to familiar! micro politics of home.

Have to say his manner is guarded, as opposed to Zoya's who beams and beams till she could burst. The respect for his parents and affection for Arjun is evident. But what is more than vivid  are Adi's stolen glances at Zoya while his mother smothered him with affection. Zoya chest swells with pride. A sense of feeling she had fibbed ,but managed to restore  a son back to his parents, a brother back to Arjun. Zoya stands from afar and delights in her good deed. How easily she puts aside Anjana's scathing attack on her earlier. Adi is swamped by his family's welcome home. Whilst he dodges his mothers hands every time he turns to  stare at Zoya from far. He has no luck. Although its noticeable how his eyes  his plead ; want to relay some visual message to Zoya in response to her complacent content smiles at him. Even if he desires, she can see, he has to give in to his family's attention. Still, before he can stop time, much to his dismay, Adi watches helplessly.  Zoya set free from handcuffs, charges, despite fretting for Adi, still leaves with a spring in her gait!! It's clear that both Adi and Zoya are bound to face severe opposition against having to do anything with each. Anjana will create more hurdles ahead. Mind you the noteworthy thing is Harsh Hooda's mindset about Zoya shows a change. He's the one who pulls back charges against Zoya in the wake of the fact their missing son returns. Again its Harsh who corrects his wife it's Zoya's efforts not Arjun's that brings Adi back to them Is Harsh a changed man? or his pro- Zoya policy is to keep his son Adi in hand?

Back at Zoya's house she faces her father's militancy regards her pro Hooda good deed. Noor updated  Waseem of what Zoya was up to. However  its bold and beautiful, the way Zoya confesses before her father! there were no doubts in her mind about Adi. She knew her best friend would return. Thus her ending up in jail was highly unlikely.

Before too Anjana, Zoya  spontaneously admits that she executed the plan because she too missed her best friend Aditiya. So really, Zoya has no moral qualms  about  giving strong messages  about her leanings towards Adi as a friend. Her fathers reaction to me echo's the same militancy he harboured against Yash. May be Waseem exerts extra caution about Zoya being once again drawn into the Hooda's family, which for him is nothing but short of trouble. Waseem appears insecure about losing their recently found happiness so I don't blame him. Harsh though wants to get on the good side of Adi hence he only just has begun to favour Zoya.

Siblings interaction is endearing to watch. Zoya may laugh about Noor keeping her and Arjun's  attraction from her dad. But we know that aapi Zoya will back Noor's case. Yet again Zoya is in seventh heaven as no more wishes for her! her wish. For friend Aditya to return has been granted! Nothing else she can ask for more!

Adi Arjun bonding gives odd vibes  to me about some changes in Adi.. his refusal to the nightly ice cream binge with his chootu Arjun. Goes  to show something in Adi  is lukewarm. Or is Aditya putting on a mask of being distant. Painstakingly  clearing the stigma of being such a child. Is that why he appears staid, disciplined  when he first enters Hooda house? To me he wants to stay clear of things he loved doing with Arjun.. I can also see Adi is unwilling to share where he was all this time. He seems to  evade questions about his whereabout, both before his mother and even  Arjun. in his brother bonding scene. Adi appears to cha nge the subject. He'd rather know what happened here, rather than disclose what he experienced. It's like Adi is just passing through and not back to stay..

Earlier when he  declines eating in his room and it's the way when he opts to eat together as a family. sounds like a foreboding. Almost  like a last meal with his family. My fears are confirmed that he is only a sojourner..  when in the privacy of his room, he presumably rings a travel agent and books tickets.  Then when he reflects about , how to break it to Arjun that he won't be staying.. will leave in a few days time...

It's not that Adi  turns cold turkey about his folks. Adi cares for them, evident in when he questions Arjun how did their parents cope during his absence? Adi I would say in the scene, also studys how well Arjun managed to look after their parents.  Could this be another reason   that makes it easier for him to   leave home  for the second time running? live ,like a nomadic , on the move!

Its no surprise Adi  asks about Sakshi.Her sojourn to USA, takes him by surprise. His grief, on hearing from Arjun ,their mother, taunted, blamed Sakshi for forcing Adi  to leave. Adi's loyalty for Sakshi shows in how he phones maa in law rightaway. However I suspect for Adi, his mother's strong highly strung matriarchal presence  is off putting for him. Earlier too,  rather abruptly  he corrects Anjana about cursing others! Little does Adi realize that Zoya too faces a strong patriarchal influence in her household . Only Zoya choses to stay put in her home, and face the music! Rather than be on the run..      

But to me, throughout the episode, I find Adi anxious about settling in the same surroundings  where his memories still live in the nooks and crannies of Hooda house. Seems  he will do a disappearing act once more. He gives enough clues. Whereas, people who love him, readily  assume that Adi has come home!to stay. Imagine  if Adi slips away again? The big jolt  Zoya will receive! I suspect  she will see something lacking in her faith and believe in herself and above all in their friendship ,for Adi to leave again

The questions that come to my mind after watching this episode is why is Adi planning to leave again? Will it be a flying job over-seas? Or does he feel Zoya is all settled ,she doesn't need him as much as she used too. Seeing that she has been managing Zosh on her own. Not even his parents 35th anniversary lures him to stay. But  he does suggest  give the arrangements to Zoya! she'll handle the event! Who knows he might tarry a while?  Hamlet53 18.7.18

The precap.. Zoya's sudden hug takes him by surprise. he is unsure of how to respond? her ecstatic reaction at seeing him away from the presence of their families contrasts with his restrained expressions. However, Adi's whole act of speeding off with the bunch of flowers!  dressed in a hoodie ,giving her the chase, being caught out! Gives us a glimpses into the prankster Adi we know! Moreover is Adi giving Zoya a message he  may appear masked, but she will still find a good friend behind  the veneer.

Overall all both Harshad and jenny were marvellous in how they carried their key lead roles.

Hammie's Bepannah Thoughts Index

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@hammie what I feel is that adi doesn't want to burn again in the emotion of love. He had loved everyone in the family. But all he got was baccha tag and the guilt of his baby death. Problem is no one understand him. Those eyes are calm and serene betraying his inner most feelings only for zoya. Just like pooja and yash eyes were. Hiding the emotion. He was expected to read those eyes. Now instead of shouting his pain he wants them to understand. But none can. Every one thinks of what they want of him. And assume what they want to. If someone want to give him something that is zoya. She is willing to put her freedom at stake for him and yes he does gives her liberation.  Harsh I felt had a practical approach while anjana again insecure. Wasim too has insecurity. So it's going to be a stormy flight that awaits adiya. Then on adi's return do read my post can't type again. 
Maryam2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful as always😳
The manner in which she clasps her handcuffed in sheer joy! is a radiant sight  plus her exclamation Aditya has returned! Her plan worked! Negates her crime. In contrast Adi's quizzical expression  at the word plan!  Shows us clearly ,Adi's return is prompted by Zoya's appeal to him on the award night, and not her criminal  plan. For Adi in the first instance, his return is marked by, all to familiar! micro politics of home.

i really hope they show what brought him back..
and the precap ofcourse... literally killed us all.. so excited for today's episode😳
sun2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful post as always Hamlet and great insights -

The precap.. Zoya's sudden hug takes him by surprise. he is unsure of how to respond? her ecstatic reaction at seeing him away from the presence of their families contrasts with his restrained expressions. However, Adi's whole act of speeding off with the bunch of flowers!  dressed in a hoodie ,giving her the chase, being caught out! Gives us a glimpses into the prankster Adi we know! Moreover is Adi giving Zoya a message he  may appear masked, but she will still find a good friend behind  the veneer.

Overall all both Harshad and jenny were marvellous in how they carried their key lead roles.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail
Hey Hammie 🤗

Lovely analysis. Loved every part of it. ❤️

I was waiting for your post today, because I am super happy on Aditya's arrival 😳😆... Mind you, it's not the good old cool, comfy, sweet, cute Cheeku who has returned. The guy who has returned is a personification of Suryadev himself.

I agree, Mr. Hooda looked very grateful towards Zoya because Aditya returned home due to her plan. The scene looked very poised where Aditya was glancing towards Zoya, Zoya beaming at him and Mr. Hooda slowly retreated himself from where he was standing, between them.

BTW, I genuinely think that Adi returned back to check on his family. He is planning to go back because he thinks everything is fine and he isn't needed here. Besides he thinks if he stays back he might hurt someone again.

Aditya may look distant, but Zoya is here to bring back the real Adi. The sun always looks distant at the dawn, then sky changes its hue with brightness and the sun rises up the sky. 😉... Hui hui mai to hui shayarana hui 😆

And I am happy for another reason. I have settled well at my new duties at work. So that means, I would be regular at your thread next week onward, after I sort out few more things. 😊

Keep writing your amazing words. I would be back soon. 🤗

- Tia
Hamlet53 thumbnail
hellooo Shruthi, my wise muse😃
@hammie what I feel is that adi doesn't want to burn again in the emotion of love. He had loved everyone in the family. But all he got was baccha tag and the guilt of his baby death. Problem is no one understand him. 
you got me here shru... classic pathos for the much wronged protagonist.. no wonder he is still sore..
Those eyes are calm and serene betraying his inner most feelings only for zoya. Just like pooja and yash eyes were. Hiding the emotion. He was expected to read those eyes. Now instead of shouting his pain he wants them to understand. But none can. Every one thinks of what they want of him. And assume what they want to. If someone want to give him something that is zoya.
this is plausible Shruthi.. he's almost tired of living up to their  love,affection that smothers him
 She is willing to put her freedom at stake for him and yes he does gives her liberation.  Harsh I felt had a practical approach while anjana again insecure. Wasim too has insecurity. So it's going to be a stormy flight that awaits adiya. Then on adi's return do read my post can't type again.
yes me read it Shruthi.. profound as usual.. you sum up here too and very aptly too.. .. now I think we all wait which directions  Adi is likely to take.. thanks mate for a great feedback.. much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail
hello Maryam 2.. lovely to see you as usual
Beautiful as always😳
The manner in which she clasps her handcuffed in sheer joy! is a radiant sight  plus her exclamation Aditya has returned! Her plan worked! Negates her crime. In contrast Adi's quizzical expression  at the word plan!  Shows us clearly ,Adi's return is prompted by Zoya's appeal to him on the award night, and not her criminal  plan. For Adi in the first instance, his return is marked by, all to familiar! micro politics of home.

i really hope they show what brought him back.. yes Maryam,, some  select meaningful  moments with zoya...
and the precap ofcourse... literally killed us all.. so excited for today's episode😳  count me in too! could do with some laughs and guffaws from AdI.. been ages since we got to hear his patent lines.. 
thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts much love hammie

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@tia u got me there. Suryadev himself. Yes I too felt that way especially when anjana put the tilak on him. Problem is that suryadev cannot move on his own. He needs dharti mata who decided where his light should be by rotating around him. Today she decided he has to light up his family. Tomorrow she will bring more things. She has her satellite moon called arjun and star called noor to ensure suryadev stick to her command.
Hamlet53 thumbnail
helooo   sun..sunshine😃... good to see you beaming on my thoughts as usual.
Wonderful post as always Hamlet and great insights -
thanks for reading and for your ongoing support.. 

sun. methinks all are so much loving forward to   their precap meeting  saying it with flowers!!!😛    much love yours hammie

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@tia u got me there. Suryadev himself. Yes I too felt that way especially when anjana put the tilak on him. Problem is that suryadev cannot move on his own. He needs dharti mata who decided where his light should be by rotating around him. Today she decided he has to light up his family. Tomorrow she will bring more things. She has her satellite moon called arjun and star called noor to ensure suryadev stick to her command.

Zoya as Dharti maa.. Excellent interpretation 👏
Aditya can escape no where this time.

Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray. - Rumi