Actor Shashank Vyas: I don't want to be too selective!

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Theres new IV of shanky on bollywood.com 
posting link & article

https://www.bollywood.com/tv-news/actor-shashank-vyas-i-don-t-want-be-too-selective

Actor Shashank Vyas: I don't want to be too selective!

By HT

Mumbai, July 10 -- After a hiatus of a year, actor Shashank Vyas will soon be back on the small screen. 

Explaining his reasons to pick the new show, he says, "There is no deliberate attempt to take long breaks between projects, but you do want to work on your terms. I have turned down many shows earlier as well, because it is important for me to have prominence in a show, which is rare for male actors on television. I wanted to play the title role and I am glad to have got one in this show. Aur phir kaam toh karna hi hai (and then one has to work; laughs). After Balika Vadhu ended, there was a year's gap before I signed my second TV show, Jaana Na Dil Se Door, and now after another year I have signed this new show. I am proud of the two shows I have done in the past. I have been selective but I don't want to be too selective either."

In the last one year, Shashank has been working on his health and physique. His endeavour was to shed his chocolate-boy image that he had since his debut in the show Balika Vadhu. 

He says, "I worked really hard to gain some muscles. I did it for myself as I wanted to look good and fit. Also, the roles offered to me were all on the lines of the boy-next-door, and I wanted to acquire the macho image. If you change your looks, your options open up." 

The actor admits that he wasn't thinking of films when he worked on his body, though he did give auditions. "I am not a multi-tasker. When one tries for films it means giving up TV, which I haven't done. I don't think that far ahead career-wise. I auditioned for roles that seemed suitable and interesting. Nowadays, there are many small production houses [making film] but I want to work only with a solid banner."

With just work on his mind, Shashank who has many female friends claims he is not dating anyone. 

"Yes, many of my friends are girls, and I am quite attached to all my costars but I have never had a romantic relationship with any of them. I am friendly with all of them, and nothing else ever happened. I think when you fall in love, you have to detach yourself from other things in life. And I am so engrossed in work at the moment that I don't have time for dating."

Edited by tiny15 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Siya2202 thumbnail
    Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
    Posted: 5 years ago
    Love his dedication towards his work. He is not choosy, but knows how to choose a apt role for himself. He is not the sector who just want to romance the girl on-screen but wanna explore more from his character. Roop is one such character. Hope this role make him win praises and accolades. Hope the makers keep up their promise of shaping his role with perfection in the show.