tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Theres article on shashank's fitness
  • Shashank Vyas Doles Out Fitness And Diet Tips

Shashank Vyas Doles Out Fitness And Diet Tips

• CELEBRITY DIET 
  • 2MIN READ
Actor Shashank Vyas spills out the secrets behind his six-pack abs and well-chiselled body.
shashank vyas diet

MH Team: What does fitness mean to you?

Shashank Vyas: Fitness and success are interconnected. Being fit is more about adopting a disciplined lifestyle, which contributes to success in a big way. If you can't win over yourself, you can't win over anything else in life. So, fitness doesn't only mean muscle building, it also means mental wellness. It all about improving your lifestyle and a fixing a daily routine. 

What would you define as healthy?

Who says that fitness is only about working out to get six packs? They are not necessary at all. A lean body, of course, is a must as it promotes flexibility and one feels energetic all day. 

How often do you workout and for how long? 

I was recently working out to completely transform my look. I wanted to bulk up and look completely different than I have ever before. So, during this time, I would work out in the gym for a minimum of 4 hours. But now that I am done with that, I work out for two and a half hours, six days a week.  

What are the core areas that you focus on while working out? Do you alter these every day?

I don't believe in focussing on any particular area when I am working out. I think being fit is all about overall training and not just focusing one muscle part. 

Besides the traditional weights and cardio-based-workout regimes, what are the other newer regimes that you like to follow?

There is so much that you can do now. However, swimming is something that I have been fond of since my childhood. Besides being an excellent way to tone up, swimming is a welcome change in this scorching heat. Going for a swim after sweating it out in the gym is a welcome treat! 

What is your favourite after workout snack/smoothie?

I am very particular about what I eat pre and post workout. My favourite post-workout snack would be a sweet potato protein shake. Sometimes, I also go for a brown bread vegetable sandwich. 

When it comes to fitness, who is your idol?

My idol is my coach. The dedication that he has when it comes to fitness is mind-blowing. I wish I could work out the way he does!

What diet plan do you follow?

I follow a less salt, sugar and a high-protein diet. There are a lot of good carbs that must be included in your diet. Here's the diet that I follow: 

Breakfast: A bowl of oatmeal with fruits and dry fruits or a white egg omelet and an apple. 

Lunch: Boiled vegetables with a bowl of dal and 2 rotis or bowl of vegetable, sprout salad. 

Snacks: Fruit salad or a brown bread vegetable sandwich or sweet potato protein shake. 

Dinner: Vegetable soup with some with some sauted veggies. 

It's all about training hard and eating the right food at the right time. 

What about cheat days? What do you like to treat yourself to on these days?

So, I don't really have a day when I decide to cheat on my diet. I am quite strict with myself. But if there is a time when I really feel like having something, I do indulge sometimes. My favourite cheat food, as you can call it, would be aloo parathas. I love them and it's very tough for me to resist them! 

Edited by tiny15 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Siya2202 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Shashank is really dedicated guy! An inspiration to all youths!👍🏼