Will viewers accept a second woman?

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
I am liking Mouli. Though she isnt beautiful like Nandini, Mouli is very smart and confident. I love the way Mounal ( mouli Kunal) are putting so much efforts to keep the spark  in their marraige romancee intact .But I feel really sorry and helpless for Nandini. Why doesn't she leave her abusive husband??When the makers are showing that Kunal is deeply in love with Mauli, how will they justify him falling for Nandini๐Ÿค”
All the actors are doing a fantastic job  . Loving Shakti as kunal . DD is terrific as the helpless Nandini putting up with an abusive husband. The makers have to deal with the story a little more sensitively bcz if the end pair is DD n shakti , Hope they justify it. Not sure if audience will accept extra marital affair. I hope they don't change it into another DSDT.

Instead of showing Nandini as homebreaker, cvs should show her to eventually becoming strong and leaving her abusive husband, finding a career and living independently

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_OrChiD_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Makers kept something in store, so that viewers accept second man and woman. They are airing it on TV, they will not show direct EMA without making husband, wife culprit. Nandinis husband already evil, on the other hand Mouli doesn't take Nandini's name. Ho gaya acceptance ๐Ÿ˜†
A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
DSDT was something different at the beginning but with time it turned out to be something else but here from the very beginning everyone knows where the story heading and the suspense is the journey like how it will happen so both the cases are completely different.
And why viewers need to accept Nandini? & why cvs needs to justify Nandini developing feelings for Kunal? Being in a abusive relationship is not it obvious for Nandini to develop feelings for a perfect husband material like Kunal? It's KUNAL's feelings that needs a strong baking not Nandini's 
Bushra_Munia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I also like mouli character..she is very strong... opposite nandini seems to be weak..bt I think cvs will show how nandini will turn herself independent nd come out of her husband's cave.
Snowy_Secret thumbnail
that's the main theme of the show and even general audience know what is coming next...from the very first promo people know what's the main plot of the show ...But when and how things will twist that's what people are watching for...
I think nandini hasn't acknowledged properly to herself that she is being abused,that he is wronging her.She says sorry when he berates  and demeans her for daring to think about taking a bus,she does not confront him after he slaps her,she is not even shown to cry or think alone about his abusive behaviour.Why is she like this?We don't even know anything about her parents' relationship or her father's behaviour yet.Her jerk husband did say her parents could not even make her study for long,so a family with financial trouble perhaps...may be even conservative which didn't do much for her self esteem or independence...or may be years of abuse have made her so okay with suppression...idk...they really need to show her immediate family...I hope they will...does she not talk to her mother on the phone...how many days has it been for her in the new city?

May be she has realized that she is being abused and wronged but does not pay attention to it now (because she can't do anything?no support or empathy from parents?)...like in the car scene when he was demeaning her,all her focus was on mouli and if she was following her.

I feel bad for her too...she seems really lost...and is demeaned over everything...what a douchebag of a husband man...he seems to have his own issues too...focuses too much on what others will think of him...and kind of a control freak...what it must be like for nandini as she has to be unsure of her every step around him.This is complete abuse and suppression which seems to have affected her sense of self terribly.
Maryam2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
i guess that's the motive
a lot of people might not like the concept
but i still feel there's more to it.. so will have to wait and watch
Alohomora_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Firstly I don't think you can compare this with DSDT. DSDT started off as a surrogacy story and ended up as some polygamy justifying show which it was never supposed to be about. The whole theme of the show was changed over the course of time and even the main lead decided to quit midway after the changes. What people were expecting from the promos and the show and what they actually got from the show was 180 degrees opposite But here in our case the show is clearly specifying it is about EMA theme. The promos,banners,teasers everything has sent out a clear message about what to expect from this show and what the theme is. Everyone knows the theme is going to be EMA already so those who don't wish to watch it will not watch it from the beginning as they know what will be shown eventually and that it might not suit their taste. On the other hand I have noticed a lot of people, even married women ,willing to give this show a chance and requesting to not judge any of the characters. I think that is the kind of audience the show might be targetting- those who are willing to give the show a chance without being judgemental about any of them. 

Secondly coming to your question. Why doesnt she leave her abusive hubby? Maybe because its not that easy to come out of such relationships and the women still feel that the husband may change for good someday and actually start loving and respecting her or that her love will have the power to change him into a good person some day. There are many such women even in the real world who try their best to make their marriages work even if they are unhappy in them because marriages mean everything to them and love more often than not clouds their judgement of right and wrong.

Thirdly about Kauli being in love and third person fitting in. Most marriages that break up more often that not always seem perfect in the beginning. It is only with time that the cracks,the insecurities and the real problems start surfacing. Here you can see exactly that. Mauli already knows she isnt giving him enough time and he is unhappy about it. She also seems to be insecure after hearing her friend's conversation about whether the same thing will happen to her and whether Kunal would also fall out of love because she isnt able to give him time. There my friend starts the real issue. If you are already having trust issues then there's something not right and needs to be worked on.Ignoring these little things eventually give rise to bigger problems in a marriage .Lots of marriages start perfect and then start falling apart because a lot of times the real issues were never taken seriously and worked upon.Also I still believe if two people are meant to be they will be by each other's side no matter what. And if you arent and your bond wasnt strong enough to begin with then the marriage wouldnt last anyway ,EMA or no ema. Just my two cents on your topic. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Alohomora_ - 5 years ago
-Lehar- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Alohomora_

Firstly I don't think you can compare this with DSDT. DSDT started off as a surrogacy story and ended up as some polygamy justifying show which it was never supposed to be about. The whole theme of the show was changed over the course of time and even the main lead decided to quit midway after the changes. What people were expecting from the promos and the show and what they actually got from the show was 180 degrees opposite But here in our case the show is clearly specifying it is about EMA theme. The promos,banners,teasers everything has sent out a clear message about what to expect from this show and what the theme is. Everyone knows the theme is going to be EMA already so those who don't wish to watch it will not watch it from the beginning as they know what will be shown eventually and that it might not suit their taste. On the other hand I have noticed a lot of people, even married women ,willing to give this show a chance and requesting to not judge any of the characters. I think that is the kind of audience the show might be targetting- those who are willing to give the show a chance without being judgemental about any of them. 

Secondly coming to your question. Why doesnt she leave her abusive hubby? Maybe because its not that easy to come out of such relationships and the women still feel that the husband may change for good someday and actually start loving and respecting her or that her love will have the power to change him into a good person some day. There are many such women even in the real world who try their best to make their marriages work even if they are unhappy in them because marriages mean everything to them and love more often than not clouds their judgement of right and wrong.

Thirdly about Kauli being in love and third person fitting in. Most marriages that break up more often that not always seem perfect in the beginning. It is only with time that the cracks,the insecurities and the real problems start surfacing. Here you can see exactly that. Mauli already knows she isnt giving him enough time and he is unhappy about it. She also seems to be insecure after hearing her friend's conversation about whether the same thing will happen to her and whether Kunal would also fall out of love because she isnt able to give him time. There my friend starts the real issue. If you are already having trust issues then there's something not right and needs to be worked on.Ignoring these little things eventually give rise to bigger problems in a marriage .Lots of marriages start perfect and then start falling apart because a lot of times the real issues were never taken seriously and worked upon.Also I still believe if two people are meant to be they will be by each other's side no matter what. And if you arent and your bond wasnt strong enough to begin with then the marriage wouldnt last anyway ,EMA or no ema. Just my two cents on your topic. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Beautifully written ...liked every bit of ur post nish
^^I agree that leaving your husband is never easy,I don't know if nandini still feels her love can change him...I think it is more probable that lack of financial independence,lack of understanding from parents/her upbringing or family dynamics which have had a role to play in making her the kind of person she is might be the reasons.
I don't get one thing about kunal mauli though...isn't kunal a doctor too who believes in giving all your time for your passion and dreams?...I do find this unfair to mauli...if kunal was alone on his anniversary night then mauli was working too...it's not as if she was out somewhere partying without him...nobody has addressed this in the show yet.
Is it that the work of a gynaec is more demanding than that of a paediatrician?