Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow.. Arnav is soo not into Khushi... He surely is too stubborn to accept his father's choice more than letting go of his love/ girlfriend. Is it Khushi's admiration or her dedication to their alliance that was questioning Arnav's claim ?
Cutipieash thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Kinda expected this from Arnav.
Now waiting for the conversation of Arshi.
Nice prolouge.
Thanks for d pm.
Continue soon.
mskalasobti thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: coderlady

Like that Khushi is well educated. That will enable her to hold her own without feeling inadequate. At least I hope she will be quite strong.

😊

angeldream14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
intriguing
hate is a strong word
pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Arnav have made his own opinion and nothing can change it till he gets to experience the things himself.. loved the prologue.. 

thanks for pm ðŸ˜Š
illa8 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
awesome!!!!! When will you update???
star_fan1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting prologue loved it
Eagerly Waiting for next update 
gabnab thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Loved it and pls update soon 
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
came across this prologue sounds interesting waiting to read more
mskalasobti thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Chapter 1

Arnav Singh Raizada walked into his office in Delhi accompanied by his younger brother,Aakash.

He had not been in India for nearly 4 months.

"It is delightful to see you again Arnavhis friend as well as secretary,Aman spoke while Aakash was going to his cabin. The response was a sharp glance at him.Then after a few seconds he said:Hello,Aman.

Arnav was an extremely good-looking young man,very  masculine and at the same time harder and very arrogant.He was the eldest son of the most successful business man in the state,Pratap Singh Raizada.

Arnav bagged the award for the rising star of business world in the previous year.

The tone of Arnav's voice made Aman look at him sharply.

"What is the matter? he asked. "I have not seen you look so down.Arnav  did not reply, he was  looking down at the laptop beside him and so

Aman asked in a different tone,

"What has upset you? Can I help?

"Not unless you can tell me the best way of committing suicide. Arnav answered.

His friend startled and  looked at him searchingly before he enquired.

Is it that serious?

"My father has fixed my marriage with a country girl whose father is a great friend of him.

Aman was relieved to hear the news because he was afraid that Arnav would marry his girlfriend,Thanuja ,a model whose background was not respectable.Her father was a business man but not a reputed one.Arnav was carried away by her beauty,wit and social dealings and found her very amusing. .Arnav's father and others in the family strongly disapproved of his selection .Arnav wanted to marry her because she was everything,he thought his wife should be though he never thought that a woman should be.He was missing his mother and thought that there was  not a single woman in this world matching her charisma.He lost his mother when he was 10 years of age.

Tanuja D'souza was not only beautiful, but she had practised the art of

fascinating men.Tanuja wanted social status,money and power and she found Arnav the most suitable match.She and her parents were trapping him .Pratap singh and Anjali,Arnav's eldest sister,strongly opposed the relation and his Nanny stopped talking to him for many days.

Arnav recalled his conversation with his father

"You cannot mean it, daddy,Arnav shouted.

"I do mean it! Pratap singh Raizada replied calmly.As I've mentioned,I have fixed your marriage with the daughter of my friend,a well educated retired Sanskrit professor.He is a great scholar who has taken post graduation in English,Hindi and Phd in Sanskrit.He is the son of a landlord with vast acres of land but unfortunately lost some assets due to a financial crisis.But he is economically well off with agricultural land and two houses,one given for rent.Khushi is his only daughter,well mannered,well educated and homely.

Arnav said firmly,

"I have no intention of agreeing to an arranged marriage

with a country girl I have never seen, who has no common interests with me.The very idea is disgusting.

Anjaly who was listening to the whole conversation had tears in her eyes.

"You know as well as I do,Arnav he said, "that marriages in Raizada family  are arranged.

"Then I will not accept a country girl Arnav said sharply.

Pratap singh's voice  was calm and steady but had a sharp edge:Do not even magine that you can marry your girlfriend. As long as I'm alive it won't happen.I won't allow that unreputed,unrefined people to enter my family.

Arnav:Ok,then I'll have my own way.

"Chote,Anjali raised her voice.

How dare you talk like that to our papa?Did you see the girl at least once?Why are you so prejudiced?Why are you defying your father?Is that the way papa brought us up after we lost our mother?

Arnav was stopped in his track.

At least ,please do us a favour.Anjaly was talking.Agree to meet the girl at her home.I'm going to meet her with Papa,Nani and Aakash on next Sunday.If she is that disgusting I won't ask you to obey papa.

Arnav was silent for a moment and said:Ok,I trust you word. He was relieved as he got an excuse.He was deadly sure that the girl would be an utter bore.

Arnav:But there is one condition.I would like to meet her not at her home but some where else without her knowing.Meeting her at home conventionally is embarrassing .

Aman's voice brought him to the present:Arnav,when are you going to meet her?

Arnav :My family already met her day before yesterday..And what is more embarrassing and disappointing you know?They are not giving me any clear picture about her.When asked all gave me the same answer:The girl is well educated and beautiful,rest you please find it out yourself.Even I threatened Aakash but he is not ready to talk.The very obedient children of Pratap singh Raizada.Anyway,I will meet her next Sunday.

Aman:"Where?'

Arnav:In a temple at Gahmar

Aman:You mean,she resides at Gahmar in Gazipur?

The answer was a sharp look at him.

Aman:Oh!It's a beautiful village but can reach from Delhi only through road or rail,15hrs travel through road,that means you have to travel today.

Arnav:The whole idea is disgusting and you idiot I'm not going alone,You are coming with me.We are going to Varanasi tomorrow morning,will go to our new showroom,will see how the work is going on and day after tomorrow will go to  Gahmar.I think that my father has gone insane as he is getting old .Otherwise he wouldn't even think of such an alliance.

"Your father,If I know him well from my childhood,is an exceptionally brilliant person who does everything with a logic and foresight.Did he ever fail in his decisions?When everyone criticized his choice of Anjaly's husband,he was firm about his decision.See how happy is your sister now.?And think of the sacrifice he has done for the family.He was young when your mother died.He could have married but didn't,

Aman spoke emotionally as he was very attached to Arnav's father.Pratap singh actually considered him as his own son and as Aman's parents were in USA he spent most of his time,from childhood,with Raizada family though he was residing in Delhi with his grandparents.

Arnav:That's the only reason why I'm obeying him.But If the girl has at least something in common with my  life,I would have given her a chance though I may not be that loyal to her.

Aman:That is unmanly,Arnav.I don't expect it from a well bred person,especially from you.

Arnav:I don't know Aman,I haven't felt helpless like this in my life.

Aman:Did you tell your girlfriend about this?

Arnav:Of course.

Aman:What did she say?

Arnav:She is naturally annoyed but confident that I would remain her only.

Aman didn't answer but was worried.

Janki Tejeswar Gupta,known as Khushi ,stared at her reflection in the big old wooden mirror that stood in the corner of her dressing room and sighed.

She was  unaware of the beauty of her face,her beautiful and expressive eyes with dark lashes and perfectly shaped body.Papa is going to fix my marriage with the most handsome,,highly fashioned,aristocratic,rich and intelligent man who is a heartbreaker.How can I marry him?she said aloud,looking into the mirror.At 23,Khushi was not a fashion conscious girl.

Khushi was very fond of her father, but since her mother's death she had found him extremely quiet .As he was a great scholar,many learned people came to meet him often and rest of the time he was engaged in reading and writing but he was never too busy for his only daughter.

.In the evening,he and Khushi used to walk to the nearby temple and the vast agricultural land owned by them.

But he had very strict ideas of life,which she found sometimes boring.

Khushi was brought up by her aunt,Hema,his father's younger sister.

She recalled the events that occurred a week before.. Khushi was attending the engagement of her friend in the nearby town and as the function was progressing she received a phone call from her father to reach home urgently.She was afraid whether something wrong happened at home.But her father assured that it was nothing of the sort.After saying excuse to her friend's relatives she hurried home in her two wheeler.After halting her bike,she ran through the courtyard  and reached inside.Her father was in the study room.Her aunt Hema and uncle Yadunath were coming out of the study .Khushi ,there is someone to meet you.He is your father's friend.Please don't forget to wish him.

Who is it Aunty?,Khushi asked.

"Your father's childhood friend,infact his dearest friend who is here after 3 years.

"You mean aunty,Pratap uncle?

"Yes,my dear.

Khushi was thrilled.He was very fond of Pratap Singh raizada.She hurried to the study and when she entered the room,Pratap singh came forward and they hugged each other.

"Beti how are you?

"I'm very fine uncle,what about you?Where were you in the past 3 years?

"I was on business tours and couldn't come and meet you as I used to do every year since your birth.

"I'm happy to meet you again uncle,how is everyone at home?

"Fine,and you know why I came here today?

"No,uncle

"Tejeswar,you please tell her slowly,ok..Pratap then again turned towards her and said:I'm very hungry.What is there special today?

Khushi:Lunch is ready.Aunty already prepared it.Let me go and arrange the table.

Pratap left in the evening and Khushi asked her father:Why did he come papa?

He was silent for a few moments. She waited apprehensively.

"Pratap was here with a marriage proposal for you.

"For me?With whom?

Her father hesitated and then said:'With his own son'

"What , what are you saying, Papa? she asked. "I don't know what you

are talking about!

"I am talking, my dear, about your marriage, and it would give me great

pleasure to get you married to the eldest son of my dearest friend who is also a very promising business man.

"But ,Papa! she exclaimed."You cannot be serious! How can you

possibly arrange my marriage with a man I have never even met? And you

promised me I should have a job before my marriage.

"I know! I know! her father said. "But quite frankly, my

dear, this is too good an opportunity to miss.

Khushi rose to her feet.

.Her father continued:What you have to do as my only daughter is to marry the right man, a man with a proper position in life and the one I will choose for you.I cannot let you marry someone greedy for money because you are my only daughter,you will inherit assets and money.We are no match ,economically, to Raizada family who are one of the wealthiest in the country though we are economically sound according to the rural standards.

"But Papa,How can I marry him?He is born and brought up in city and is enjoying the modern,advanced life.

"I know that, "but his father wants his son to assimilate  ethical and moral values,importance of family life,moreover Indian culture,which he thinks can be instilled by you only.

"Me.?

"Yes.though you are living in the country,you are educated from one of the acclaimed institutions of Delhi.Pratap has seen in you a blend of traditional Indian and modern traits.

"But,Papa,I'm ignorant of the the business world.And papa...

"Yes beti,

Papa,You know I'm fond of reading.When I was in University,I used to read all the magazines and dailies. I have read an article about Pratap uncle's son Arnav,that he...he...'

"He?

Papa,he has a gi..girlfriend.

"So what?almost all the men have before marriage,especially if they are rich.

"So,would he accept me,If I have a boyfriend?

Her father was quiet,then after a few moments said:The law of society is different for men and women.

Khushi was angry.She asked:Why is it so papa?

He didn't answer.Instead said:Raizada family is coming to meet you on next Sunday.

Khushi gasped.Papa,he too..?

"No,Pratap,his younger son,daughter and mother.He will come later.

Khushi had heard about Arnav from Pratap  since she was a child.She met him 7 years ago,when she was 16, in a wedding ceremony along with other Raizada members.Though Pratap singh visited her father every year,he didn't bring his family along with him.Naturally they didn't know each other well.He was doing his final year BBA abroad.He looked very handsome and though in teens,he looked very manly.She,a school girl,felt a crush over him and began dreaming about him.She and her father got very little opportunity to interact with them as they were busy talking to the other guests.Khushi couldn't forget him and when she joined college,she came to read many articles about him in the magazines and dailies and watched him many times in TV.

As she grew older, she almost felt he was there beside her.

As  the years passed, his thoughts were  a part of Khushi's life.

She felt her dream man always with her.She could only think that the Pratap singh must have some special

reason for arranging his son's marriage with her.

.When they came to meet her, as mentioned by her father,She felt  a strong liking for Anjali,her husband,Nani and Aakash at the first glance itself.She was relieved as she felt warmth in their approach.They were in awe of the antique furniture,big ancient chandeliers,vast acres of land with bushes and trees.Anjali was excited like a child.They visited Ganga ghat and Maa Durga mandir.

"I want to come here again.What a peaceful place?'Aakash commented.

"But it is not like yester years.Everything has changed.Khushi's aunt Hema replied.

Anjaly and others left with the hope of meeting again.

Before leaving Anjaly told Khushi:Khushi...my brother is very arrogant,some times rude,I don't know how he will react when he meets you.Be kind to him.He is missing his mother.That is why he has become so rough.

In return Khushi said:Anjali di,I don't know anything about the busy world your brother is moving.Though I was studying in Delhi,I'm not that much to modern life.So I'm sure that this alliance won't work.

Anjali said:Please don't say so.I have a strong belief that it will work.

Nani hugged Khushi and said::Khushi beti,I hope that we will meet again

The sound of  a car horn startled her and for a moment she forgot that she was sitting in front of the mirror thinking of the twist in her life

Precap:-

Arnav  parked the car near the Maa durga temple and waited.

Edited by mskalasobti - 5 years ago