ALIF-Hamza,Sajal,kubra khan,Ahsan khan by Umera ahmed

kusima thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
Hamza Ali Abbasi, Sajal Aly and Kubra Khan pair up for Alif

The mega serial of the year has been announced. And we're absolutely intrigued. Running our radar's on high alert, here we are bringing you details that you've wish to know about the upcoming serial Alif starring Sajal Aly, Hamza Ali Abbasi and Kubra Khan in the lead roles.

Written by Umera Ahmed, directed by Haseeb Hasan of our favorite Diyar e Dil fame, and produced by Samina Humayun Saeed and Sana Shahnawaz of Next Level Entertainment, Alifhas been announced as the biggest project of the year. The Mann Mayal trio is reuniting and we're already at the edge of our seats.

According to Haseeb Hasan, the director, Sajal is playing a character she has never done before in her entire television and film career with a very powerful journey.

According to sources, Hamza Ali Abbasi will be playing a filmmaker belonging to a family of calligraphers based in Turkey. That's where the shoot of the drama will be taking place, alongside Pakistan as well.

Also starring in this mega serial will be some of the biggest names of Pakistan's television industry including Noman Aijaz, Hamza Ali Abbasi, Sajal Ali, Sadaf Kanwal, KubraKhan, Saleem Meraj, Lubna Aslam, Farrukh Darbar and also Osman Khalid Butt in a very special appearance.

Manzar Sehbai of film Bol and Mah e Mir fame, will be seen for the very first time ever on television in Alif as well. The OST of Alif has been given by Shuja Haider and will be a passionate track revolving around life coming in a full circle beginning from Alif, the very first of alphabets.

Umera Ahmed, as the writer, is writing a serial after six long years and we're expecting this one to be extremely big. With stories like Meri Zaat Zarra-e-Benishan, Zindagi Gulzar Hai, Shehr-e-Zaat and Man-o-Salwa to her credit, we can only expect Alif to be one mega serial revolving around the purpose of life and its meaning.

https://www.hipinpakistan.com/news/1155026/hamza-ali-abbasi-sajal-aly-and-kubra-khan-pair-up-for-alif

Edited by kusima - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kusima thumbnail

Alif will mark Ahmed's return to TV after four long years, during which she wrote the screenplay for Baaghi, the Saba Qamar-starrer based on the life of the late Qandeel Baloch.
Ahmed has partnered with Next Level Entertainment for the upcoming serial. Alif will be directed by Haseeb Hassan who has successful dramas such as Mann Mayal and Diyaar e Dil under his belt, as well as forthcoming Pakistani Air Force film Parwaaz Hai Junoon. Also returning from the Mann Mayal team will be composer Shuja Haider, who has developed the soundtrack for Alif.

Samina Humayun Saeed, who is spearheading the project, told The Express Tribune she is glad to be working on a project with Ahmed. "I am very happy to be producing a play written by Umera Ahmed as I have always loved her writing and wanted to do a project with her, she said. "I'm very happy that I'm working on exactly the kind of project I wanted, now that we are collaborating with her. There's no compromise on quality and the entire cast is the cream of the crop.

Fellow producer Sana Shahnawaz added, "I always try to work with subjects and ideas that haven't been worked on before...Plays that have a strong message to them; plays that are different. We've tried to stay true to that and promote a positive message. I truly believe Alif will be a treat to watch for the audiences.

Saeed has worked with Hassan before and spoke happily about the experience. "He's one of my very favourites and Hamza, Sajal and Kubra are all fantastic performers.

Shahnawaz divulged more about the premise of the play. "Without revealing too much, I can say that the word itself, Alif' is the core of many philosophies. It's the first word of the alphabet and it has many answers hidden inside it, she said. "That's what the play will be about. Alif touches upon the questions you ask yourself; questions about life and what it means.

She added, "I think Umera has written this play with all her heart. She's an amazing writer and has really written a beautiful play that we can't wait to share with the world. I'm also very excited to be working with Sajal, Hamza and Kubra. I have always loved their work.

Filming for Alif is schedule to commence in June. The play is slated to hit television screens by September this year.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1721683/4-hamza-ali-abbasi-sajal-aly-kubra-khan-star-alif/?amp=1

MochaQueen thumbnail
i am so disappointed seeing Kubras name :@ why does she havew to get all the big projects with those sucky acting skills?
kusima thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

i am so disappointed seeing Kubras name :@ why does she havew to get all the big projects with those sucky acting skills?

same here😃
don't know why she has always got big projects
Edited by kusima - 5 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail
some actors have great luck whereas others have to struggle so much despite being so talented!
I am disappointed with the whole cast here...only Sajal seems like the saviour of the show
why Umera why???
awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
I am very excited about this drama. it looks different. I didn't watch any of Umera's dramas. Baghi doesn't count, coz it was written by another writer. 
Hamza looks handsome. and I am sure he'll look hot with both the leading females. Kubra can act well if directed well. 
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
sajal and kubra ek saath.. hmm lets see if they can work together after the fiasco kubra tried to do earlier with the ahad wala stuff
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hamza is good actor actually but his offscreen personality disgust me but I can tolerate him onscreen he atleast can act. I don't even know who Kubra is lol.  
kusima thumbnail
"I found a very different relationship with this character. It is quite relatable to everyone's life. Momina Sultan will be seen taking a journey within herself; a life of values, triumphs & responsibilities. " -Sajal Aly #ALIF
Alif has been a passion project, not just for me but all of us connected to this.This will be my novel that I'm writing after 2 years & a serial which I am completely doing after 4 years. Screenplays I gave but this 1 project has my time & soul invested into it- Umera Ahmed #ALIF

kusima thumbnail
Hamza Ali AbbasiVerified account @iamhamzaabbasi
FollowFollow @iamhamzaabbasi
More

I decided not to do anymore projects for while since i have PHJ & MJ in the pipeline but this project & its message is something i really want ppl to see and understand.