Game of Thrones' Jaime Lannister clicks a picture with Aishwarya

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Exclusive: Game of Thrones' Jaime Lannister bowled over by Aishwarya Rai's beauty 

When Jamie Lannister aka Nikolaj Coster-Waldau posed with a picture of Aishwarya Rai in Cannes.

It was a tribute to the world's most beautiful woman by the Lannister most women would fight a duel for. "You want to click a picture with me and her?" asked Jaime, the knight of the Kingsguard, pointing to a picture of actor and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai in the lounge at Cannes.

Incest, bloodshed and shrewdness aside, Jaime Lannister is best known for his irresistible charm. But unlike his cult on-screen character Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is simply the definition of humility. India Today caught up with the 47-year-old 'king slayer' from the world's most popular series Game of Thrones at the L'Oreal lounge in Cannes.

When India Today informed Nikolaj that Ash walked the Cannes red carpet for the 17th time, he said, "Seventeen years! Wow! That's quite something and she is so stunning. She is the global ambassador, isn't she?" Nikolaj was seen on red carpet with Ash behind on Sunday.

The beach lounge was cordoned off as it served as Nikolaj's waiting area before he appeared on a live TV show. At first, he seemed a bit different as the second-smartest Lannister (behind Tyrion) had nourished a thick beard for the much-hyped last season. This wasn't a scheduled interview. He had security around him.

As daft and irritating as it may sound, when this correspondent asked, "May I have a picture with you?" Nikolaj said, "Yes, let's do that; let's take a picture,". "When will your show be back?". A generous non-GoT type laugh followed, "Next year, 2019." His tone had changed too as he seemed excited. A mere mention of the show transported Nikolaj on-set. GoT will finally end next year and Nikolaj was quite visibly deeply attached to the American fantasy drama TV series.

Nikolaj has been part of GoT for the last nine years and Jaime Lannister is one of those rare characters who survived the brutality, which became the USP of the unforgiving show.

With a warm smile and nostalgia in his eyes, he knew what was coming next. "What happens next, any spoilers?" He just laughed that one off. Which is his favourite series of all time? Breaking Bad? "Yes, of course, I have seen Breaking Bad; it's really good. I love it," Nikolaj said. "I also like The West Wing (American serial political drama) and recently I think HBO's Barry (American comedy series) is amazing," he added. Nikolaj went on to hail the makers of Barry. It was quite evident that he was hooked on to the dark comedy.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
where is the pic

i lobs love Jaime
ponymo thumbnail
^Sorry, the pic didn't post. Check the left pic.

purplesnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Aww, with a pic...
I wish they took a real photo with each other.
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I love Nikolaj so much. Hands down my most favorite GOT cast member and I love all of them to begin with. 
ponymo thumbnail

Here, they are spotted on the red carpet.

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Sweet. Everyone is so bowled away Ash's beauty & elegance!