Rashami Desai: I wasn't able to connect with my character

goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Rashami Desai: I wasn't able to connect with my character on 'Dil Se Dil Tak'

We had told you about TV show 'Dil Se Dil Tak' ending on May 28. Since its launch in January 2017, the show has seen several ups and downs. It all began with the male lead, Sidharth Shukla, quitting the soap. Soon after, Rashami Desai, who played one of the female leads, also followed suit, only to be brought back. However, she eventually quit the show in April, as she didn't want to be a part of it post the time leap. BT caught up with the actress to find out what went wrong with 'Dil Se Dil Tak' and her equation with her co-stars. Excerpts...

The show is wrapping up. What, according to you, went wrong?
I am not the right person to comment on it, all I can say is that a lot of factors are responsible. As far as my character was concerned, I wasn't able to connect with it. How would I convince the audience when I was myself not convinced? The storyline underwent a lot of abrupt changes, including the time leap. My character suddenly became quiet. Also, when an important character like Parth (Sidharth Shukla) exits, it impacts the show. I tried talking to the creative team, but by the time they could do something about it, the show had taken a time leap. I didn't want to continue post that. But then, sudden, unexpected changes are not new on TV. I had a great experience working on the show and we parted on an amicable note.

There were also talks of you not getting along with your co-actor, Jasmin Bhasin...
I am a thorough professional and when shooting, my focus is solely on work. I can't befriend each and everyone on the set. There was no communication beyond work with Jasmin, as it takes me a lot of time to forge friendship with people. Though a newcomer, she is a good co-actor. Post my re-entry in the show, there were a few alterations in our lines, which she found to be sudden. But then, she is new to such changes.

Did you miss shooting with Sidharth after you re-entered the show? He had quit the show soon after your temporary exit...
We shared a good chemistry and I enjoyed working with him. We would have a lot of altercations on the set, but it's fine to have differences of opinion. Because of that, our scenes would come out really well. So yes, I missed shooting with him.
How was your equation with Rohan Gandotra, who joined the show to play the new Parth? Was it difficult to adjust with him mid-way?
I have no clue about the briefing given to Rohan about his role. There was always an ambiguity about our on-screen relationship were we supposed to play good friends or spouses? Acting is all about action and reaction. So, it's important for me to understand and analyse my character. The way Sidharth played Parth was different from how Rohan portrayed him. Also, I had a different tuning with Sidharth. He's an experienced actor, who knows about the requirement of his co-actor. Having said that, I had a great equation with Rohan off screen and we became good friends. We would pull each other's leg all the time. He is fun-loving.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheGumnaam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Now , this is what to call as an interview! She just brilliantly gave all the answers! She's love...I love her more. She knows everything and is not scared to say out her opinions. She is mature enough to distinguish between right and wrong and doesn't act naive . 
You rock  , RD! <3
ruhi86 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Waiting for Sid's interview now.
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Worthy IV to Read 😳 n Know 👏 From RD ⭐️ Placed Every Points in Very Graceful /Matured Way 😛 👏 Says How Brilliant n Equally Soft on & off screen Wonderful Actress 😛 . ..
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Such a balanced, mature and professional interview!! It takes guts to accept that the show went wrong.. Rashami has it. She has given honest and straight forward answers. I especially liked what she said about difference between Sid's Parth and Rohan's Parth.

Way to go Rashami. We loved you and Sid as PaRi. Hope to see you in a better project in future!!
Kallol012 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
each and every blunder of this show has been brilliantly stated! well, this is called an interview, and RD has clearly stated what the show was heading for, from every point of views, acting, scripting and directing! 

I liked how she differentiated the sidd's parth and RG's parath ! 😆 RD's just nailed it too well!

and the matter of shorvori's being quiet on the screen, she just perhaps gave a hint what we believe. (That approach of establishing a solo lead). 

A well thought, in depth and concise interview that it is called! you speak less and reveal more. All she went is with the truth, supporting it and clearing her perspective ! Well Done RD😳

DimpledGirl203 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _goofyCat_

Rashami Desai: I wasn't able to connect with my character on 'Dil Se Dil Tak'

We had told you about TV show 'Dil Se Dil Tak' ending on May 28. Since its launch in January 2017, the show has seen several ups and downs. It all began with the male lead, Sidharth Shukla, quitting the soap. Soon after, Rashami Desai, who played one of the female leads, also followed suit, only to be brought back. However, she eventually quit the show in April, as she didn't want to be a part of it post the time leap. BT caught up with the actress to find out what went wrong with 'Dil Se Dil Tak' and her equation with her co-stars. Excerpts...

The show is wrapping up. What, according to you, went wrong?
I am not the right person to comment on it, all I can say is that a lot of factors are responsible. As far as my character was concerned, I wasn't able to connect with it. How would I convince the audience when I was myself not convinced? The storyline underwent a lot of abrupt changes, including the time leap. My character suddenly became quiet. Also, when an important character like Parth (Sidharth Shukla) exits, it impacts the show. I tried talking to the creative team, but by the time they could do something about it, the show had taken a time leap. I didn't want to continue post that. But then, sudden, unexpected changes are not new on TV. I had a great experience working on the show and we parted on an amicable note.

There were also talks of you not getting along with your co-actor, Jasmin Bhasin...
I am a thorough professional and when shooting, my focus is solely on work. I can't befriend each and everyone on the set. There was no communication beyond work with Jasmin, as it takes me a lot of time to forge friendship with people. Though a newcomer, she is a good co-actor. Post my re-entry in the show, there were a few alterations in our lines, which she found to be sudden. But then, she is new to such changes.

Did you miss shooting with Sidharth after you re-entered the show? He had quit the show soon after your temporary exit...
We shared a good chemistry and I enjoyed working with him. We would have a lot of altercations on the set, but it's fine to have differences of opinion. Because of that, our scenes would come out really well. So yes, I missed shooting with him.
How was your equation with Rohan Gandotra, who joined the show to play the new Parth? Was it difficult to adjust with him mid-way?
I have no clue about the briefing given to Rohan about his role. There was always an ambiguity about our on-screen relationship were we supposed to play good friends or spouses? Acting is all about action and reaction. So, it's important for me to understand and analyse my character. The way Sidharth played Parth was different from how Rohan portrayed him. Also, I had a different tuning with Sidharth. He's an experienced actor, who knows about the requirement of his co-actor. Having said that, I had a great equation with Rohan off screen and we became good friends. We would pull each other's leg all the time. He is fun-loving.

she hasnt sugar coated stuff and has told everything pretty honestly
she has been pretty careful about what to talk and what not to...and good to see her not supporting this crappy show

I loved everything she said which i have marked bold...not only Rashmi...everyone who has followed the show were able to see the change in plot...inspite of her telling that she wasnt able to relate to the character and how to make audiences connect with it...she needs to know that in this whole bullshit track viewers were able to relate only to her character (which is why show cudnt survive long post her exit)
I really loved how she spoke boldly about the character potrayal of rohan and sid as parath...somewhere i feel even rohan was trapped by the makers...the makers have given a total different view about parth than wat sidharth played

how can the girl manage things when they had changed everything overnight...Parth-Shorvari were supposed to be husband and wife...and suddenly they show this guy who cant act behaving like she never existed in his life...what can she also do

Experience speaks...which is why RD has been more mature about this entire drama that has been happening off screen...sid and RD being more experienced definitely managed to save the show for a long time...and yeap they were the only people worth watching

Sudharies thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail + 8
I'm so happy to read this. Whatever she said is right, the character turned unrelatable after a point of the show just to give the so called Maatey more prominence in the show. Shorvari character took a 180 degree turn from the tumor track. We all could see that too. But what made us connect to Shorvari in spite of all that was Rashami's power-packed performance.. she could do justice to the character still by making us feel for her and also stay hooked to the show only for her. And that shows her potential... 
And it's her professionalism , which made her stay board on the show this long in spite of the unfair treatment meted out to her. Poor girl.. Still people are out there to taunt her condemning her professionalism and Sid's, when they were merely exiting the show coz the show was utter crap, and moral less... But they couldn't utter a single word when their fav actress was roaming around like a stylish model even in her seventh month of pregnancy only coz of not wanting to flaunt a natural baby bump and look fat n round,.. Heights of double standards seriously!

Hopefully RD should bag another show which is great in content next time and also turns more successful than this crap could ever get. 
Edited by Luv_PaRiAnSh - 6 years ago
vib. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _goofyCat_

Though a newcomer, she is a good co-actor. Post my re-entry in the show, there were a few alterations in our lines, which she found to be sudden. But then, she is new to such changes.

This caught my eyes. Rashami very appropriately and maturely puts forward that the 'altercation' after the re-entry did not go well with Jasmin. Obviously she got less screen space since Shorvori came back and Jasmin couldn't handle it. As we all interpreted she 'being the solo lead that she wants to be' must've asked the production house to change the storyline and hence Shorvori was killed again. How convenient! 

Loved how Rashami called out the apparent difference between Sid's Parth and Rohan's Parath. 👏

Also love how both the production house and Jasmin Bhasin got their Karma as soon as Shorvori was outsted lmaooo 😆 couldn't even survive one month with the main lead lol. Waiting for one more shitty show with their ladli in the lead.

Can't wait to see Rashami and Siddharth both in another television show, BRILLIANT ACTORS TO SAY THE LEAST.

DimpledGirl203 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vib.

This caught my eyes. Rashami very appropriately and maturely puts forward that the 'altercation' after the re-entry did not go well with Jasmin. Obviously she got less screen space since Shorvori came back and Jasmin couldn't handle it. As we all interpreted she 'being the solo lead that she wants to be' must've asked the production house to change the storyline and hence Shorvori was killed again. How convenient!

Loved how Rashami called out the apparent difference between Sid's Parth and Rohan's Parath.👏

Also love how both the production house and Jasmin Bhasin got their Karma as soon as Shorvori was outsted lmaooo😆couldn't even survive one month with the main lead lol. Waiting for one more shitty show with their ladli in the lead.

Can't wait to see Rashami and Siddharth both in another television show, BRILLIANT ACTORS TO SAY THE LEAST.

Well buddy i saw some posts on this TOI article by some teni pankis
Apparently RD was jealous of jasmin because in the start jasmin earned more fame and name in the show
Rashmi is responsible for the fight between sidharth and jasmin...she was jealous of their bonding and hence created a fight between them(right from Dubai where RD was vacationing at that time)
Rashmi begged the makers to let her come back in December and thats why story was changed..because of her entry teni's image got ruined and she is responsible for jasmin's name getting ruined too
Rohan and jasmin were doing a great job before rd entered...and after she entered she demanded the story to be changed...and make teni has the most hateful person
And best was..this story is about surrogate mother apparently..so it was obvious that the show was gonna be about her(voot,channel..h sab chutiye hai) and rashmi was so insecure of jasmin hogging the limelite
And Rd's ex hubby was always right about her..rd is a attention seeker who is jealous of her peers
Apparently calling jasmin as the less experienced actress is a sin...

😆 kahan se aate hai yeh log pata nahi!
Rd has been a part of the show that had parallel leads before..she never had any issues than..the two girls are best of buddies even now..but the same isnt here..so what? Is it some hardcore rule that everyone shud get along with this porcelain doll? And if they dont..they are jealous insecure...attention seekers...blah blah blah

Now that rashmi has exited because of her insecurities (kicked out as per their language) why is the show ending so soon? Rohan and jasmin do a great job afterall! Why is the show ending instead of showing the acting prowess of this sizzling 27 year old jodi? They dont have any insecure jealous actress lurking to and fro in their sets and lives now!!!Edited by DimpledGirl203 - 6 years ago