Neil and Avni - 10 years later ( Includes spoilers)

nlisa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Wanted to pen down my thoughts about the episode today. 
It was an amazing episode. Show stealer was definitely Aditi and the little baby. Aditi looked like a natural mother in that scene and it was one of the cutest scenes I've seen in a long time. The expressions of joy and love were on point. Her sadness that Neil wasn't there with her on that day was present. It was a perfect scene. 

• Avni's reasons for keeping the truth away from Neil: I think they are valid. She met Neil after 10 years and all he's done since then is drill the point home of how much he hates her and how angry he is at. Neil is absolutely right to be mad at her. He's been living with the guilt of not protecting her for 10 years. Avni has always been a broken girl and woman. She's never been whole. Her insecurities run really deep. When someone tells you something over and over, some times lies start to become the truth, especially inside your head. Plus, she overheard Shweta saying how Neil needs to move on with Mitali. To Avni, Neil hates her. He can't stand to even look at her. She knows the truth can lead to two things: 1. Neil will hate her even more and take her child away or 2. he will accept her because of Mowgli. She wants neither of those things.
  • Is Avni right? NO. Absolutely not. I don't agree that she's keeping the secret from Neil. Especially when Mowgli has made the emotional connection with Neil and his family already. Neil and Mowgli have has a connection since they met after the leap. Mowgli always found Neil when he was in trouble; Mowgli stopped Neil from jumping from that cliff, he was the one that brought Neil to Sukhoon House; he was the one who protected Jaan Di from Neil; he was the one who cried the most when Neil left Kashid. The connection between these two has been there since Day 1. 
  • We also have to consider in the show's timeline it's probably been 48, maybe 72 hours since the news of Vidyut's death came out. It's been a emotionally tensed few days, I'm okay with giving Avni some time to deal with everything. I think Neil and Avni needed some distance to clear their heads, and that's why I'm glad Avni has moved out. She didn't need to stay in Khanna House where the "hatred" Neil has for her is reinforced and she's forced to hear Shweta talk about Mitali all day. I know Neil will not be able to stay away from the new Sukhoon House for long. 

Coming to Mr Neil Khanna: 
  • That proposal was the worst ever, but also good in a way. Good because it was cold and had zero emotions. Neil has absolutely zero anything for Mitali. There's no connection there. Neil knows that. "Mere dil, dimaag aur zindaagi mein Avni nahi hai" he told Mitali, yet mere seconds ago, he thought about Avni breaking off the MS. Neil, check your pants are on fire! 
  • Another good thing about the proposal was Mitali's reaction. Her doubts are perfectly normal. She knows who Neil loves and she knows Neil can never love anyone again. I really appreciate that Mitali was not shown to be a bimbo who jumped at the chance to marry Neil. She has rational fears and she also has feelings for Neil. 
  • Neil made a rash decision because he was hurt over Avni. He told his family he's marrying Mitali when she hasn't even said yes yet. 
  • EDIT: I'm still a little suspicious of Mitali's intentions... but, that's a different story. 

Neil has been broken for the last 10 years. He's lived with the guilt that he wasn't able to save the one he loved the most; when his job was to save people. He's entitled to anger. 

Avni and Neil have changed since we first met them. People normally change a lot over a huge period of time. Both Avni and Neil have gone through a lot of traumatic experiences, and so change is to be expected. 

They're both right in their own way, yet wrong. It's been 10 years of emotions build up between them,  they cannot pick up where they left off. They cannot go back to just being Avni and Neil who are so in tune with each other. There's a gap between them, and that gap needs to be bridged before they can meet again. 

The gap can only be filled when they deal with all the toxicity that's in between them. There's no other way. Human emotions are complex, and I really appreciate that the Naamkarann team is taking the time to show those emotions. I can't relate to shows where in one episode they show the wife being kicked out of the house and then next episode, she's back. Like what about self-respect? 

I can go on and on about this, but I'll stop on a positive note: THE BABY! They've picked the right baby to play Pillu. He's gorgeous- the long eyelashes reminded me of Zain's eyelashes. What a beauty- God Bless! I can't get over his cuteness. 

Edited by nlisa - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Thesweetsoul thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is actually true, and you depicted all my feelings. I saw so many people bashing avni and the cvs . While my heart says this is somewhere wrong. It should not turn out like this! And i just wish mitali does not sit in the mandap. Instead Avni should. Just like it was! I know avni is not divorced . But still😆

I wish if the cvs do this. And improve avni. This is surely not avni but neilanjana. And that is not neil, but maybe neo or someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!
\

Love,
Sami

sorry  i am running out of time so i am aint to say much!
SilentAvNeil thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nlisa

Wanted to pen down my thoughts about the episode today. 

It was an amazing episode. Show stealer was definitely Aditi and the little baby. Aditi looked like a natural mother in that scene and it was one of the cutest scenes I've seen in a long time. The expressions of joy and love were on point. Her sadness that Neil wasn't there with her on that day was present. It was a perfect scene. 

• Avni's reasons for keeping the truth away from Neil: I think they are valid. She met Neil after 10 years and all he's done since then is drill the point home of how much he hates her and how angry he is at. Neil is absolutely right to be mad at her. He's been living with the guilt of not protecting her for 10 years. Avni has always been a broken girl and woman. She's never been whole. Her insecurities run really deep. When someone tells you something over and over, some times lies start to become the truth, especially inside your head. Plus, she overheard Shweta saying how Neil needs to move on with Mitali. To Avni, Neil hates her. He can't stand to even look at her. She knows the truth can lead to two things: 1. Neil will hate her even more and take her child away or 2. he will accept her because of Mowgli. She wants neither of those things.
  • Is Avni right? NO. Absolutely not. I don't agree that she's keeping the secret from Neil. Especially when Mowgli has made the emotional connection with Neil and his family already. Neil and Mowgli have has a connection since they met after the leap. Mowgli always found Neil when he was in trouble; Mowgli stopped Neil from jumping from that cliff, he was the one that brought Neil to Sukhoon House; he was the one who protected Jaan Di from Neil; he was the one who cried the most when Neil left Kashid. The connection between these two has been there since Day 1. 
  • We also have to consider in the show's timeline it's probably been 48, maybe 72 hours since the news of Vidyut's death came out. It's been a emotionally tensed few days, I'm okay with giving Avni some time to deal with everything. I think Neil and Avni needed some distance to clear their heads, and that's why I'm glad Avni has moved out. She didn't need to stay in Khanna House where the "hatred" Neil has for her is reinforced and she's forced to hear Shweta talk about Mitali all day. I know Neil will not be able to stay away from the new Sukhoon House for long. 

Coming to Mr Neil Khanna: 
  • That proposal was the worst ever, but also good in a way. Good because it was cold and had zero emotions. Neil has absolutely zero anything for Mitali. There's no connection there. Neil knows that. "Mere dil, dimaag aur zindaagi mein Avni nahi hai" he told Mitali, yet mere seconds ago, he thought about Avni breaking off the MS. Neil, check your pants are on fire! 
  • Another good thing about the proposal was Mitali's reaction. Her doubts are perfectly normal. She knows who Neil loves and she knows Neil can never love anyone again. I really appreciate that Mitali was not shown to be a bimbo who jumped at the chance to marry Neil. She has rational fears and she also has feelings for Neil. 
  • Neil made a rash decision because he was hurt over Avni. He told his family he's marrying Mitali when she hasn't even said yes yet. 

Neil has been broken for the last 10 years. He's lived with the guilt that he wasn't able to save the one he loved the most; when his job was to save people. He's entitled to anger. 

Avni and Neil have changed since we first met the,. People normally change a lot over a huge period of time. Both Avni and Neil have gone through a lot of traumatic experiences, and so change is to be expected. 

They're both right in their own way, yet wrong. It's been 10 years of emotions build up between them,  they cannot pick up where they left off. They cannot go back to just being Avni and Neil who are soulmates. There's a gap between them, and that gap needs to be bridged before they can meet again. 

The gap can only be filled when they deal with all the toxicity that's in between them. There's no other way. Human emotions are complex, and I really appreciate that the Naamkarann team is taking the time to show those emotions. I can't relate to shows where in one episode they show the wife being kicked out of the house and then next episode, she's back. Like what about self-respect? 

I can go on and on about this, but I'll stop on a positive note: THE BABY! They've picked the right baby to play Pillu. He's gorgeous- the long eyelashes reminded me of Zain's eyelashes. What a beauty- God Bless! I can't get over his cuteness. 

Nils a so loved your summary. After a long time I cannot wait for the next episode.   I am excited and anxious for tomorrow's episode.  I am sure they are going to leave us on a cliff hanger tomorrow.
vaish_patel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OH MY!!! This is one perfect post!

Honestly I opened this because I thought it was one of your stories - I only come on here for that now - and then you surprised me with this post! All very valid and justified points. Both Avni and Neil are flawed and this is what makes them human! Also what frustrates me the most because I can see where both are coming from - Avni actually thinks he hates her and will take custody of Mowgli if he finds out which I understand judging by his actions and Neil thinks he means nothing to her judging by how she broke the only tangible thing connecting them! Ahhh the poor things *sigh*

Thank you for this post 😳
nlisa thumbnail
Originally posted by: SilentAvNeil

Nils a so loved your summary. After a long time I cannot wait for the next episode.   I am excited and anxious for tomorrow's episode.  I am sure they are going to leave us on a cliff hanger tomorrow.

We're definitely getting another cliffhanger. The team has us right where they want us: on the edge of our seats. I can't wait either. We're one more step closer to Neil finding out about Mowgli. 

nlisa thumbnail
Originally posted by: vaish_patel

OH MY!!! This is one perfect post!

Honestly I opened this because I thought it was one of your stories - I only come on here for that now - and then you surprised me with this post! All very valid and justified points. Both Avni and Neil are flawed and this is what makes them human! Also what frustrates me the most because I can see where both are coming from - Avni actually thinks he hates her and will take custody of Mowgli if he finds out which I understand judging by his actions and Neil thinks he means nothing to her judging by how she broke the only tangible thing connecting them! Ahhh the poor things *sigh*

Thank you for this post 😳

LOL. I'm glad this made sense. I was a little bit emotional ( happy at the scenes and annoyed at people's comments) when I wrote it. 

Truth be told, I only come to IF for fanfictions too now and Mandy's reviews. I try to avoid all the negativity, but I didn't want people's negativity to overlook the awesome effort being put into this show, especially at a time where we're fighting to save it. 

I completely agree. I'm on the fence about defending either characters- they're both right. Yet they are both wrong. 

p.s. I'm working on two fan fictions right now. I'll post them as soon as I have more chapters done. 
vaish_patel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nlisa

LOL. I'm glad this made sense. I was a little bit emotional ( happy at the scenes and annoyed at people's comments) when I wrote it.

Truth be told, I only come to IF for fanfictions too now and Mandy's reviews. I try to avoid all the negativity, but I didn't want people's negativity to overlook the awesome effort being put into this show, especially at a time where we're fighting to save it.

I completely agree. I'm on the fence about defending either characters- they're both right. Yet they are both wrong.

p.s. I'm working on two fan fictions right now. I'll post them as soon as I have more chapters done.

Avni and Neil are beautiful characters and Aditi and Zain pull them off so effortlessly! Every episode leaves me speechless - their rawness, how natural they act and their unbeatable (in my opinion) chemistry with one another!

CANNOT wait for your FF!!! Thank you for giving me a heads up, will keep an eye out for it!
-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Okay ... So basically I stopped coming to IF but your post made me come here.

Well written and agree to everypoint that you have mentioned above. Which probably most of us have been saying as well.
Both Avni and Neil have too many emotions running inside each Other and Biggest of all being Fear for Avni and Betrayal for Neil. Avni's fear do not let her lead a normal life and now she doesnt have a Neela Maa or Neil to come console her. Neil feels betrayed that the only woman he love more than anything betrayed him, didn't trust him.

But Out of all this & specially after watching todays Epi - All I know if a child has been punished for no mistake of his. Ashish Mehta didnt give Avni his name or right to be his daughter and that hurt her for life and has been the major reason for her fear. And today the same Avni hides her Sons identity from him and rest of the world. Which isn't justified to Mowgli. Though Avni is right in her decisions, she has been wrong to Mowgli and that feeling is above all to me.

I am #TeamMowgli right now. So for today am only with Mowgli and my heart goes out to that Chotu baccha :(

Also abt Neil Mithali - Thats a Joke so am royally ignoring that part. Neil Khanna often cracks such jokes for us and this is one of them.
sssenorita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
very nicely put post and confirms our thoughts too.. 
dsupriya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Beautiful post NLisa.  Mitali I think is still hanging on because Avni Neil are not together. But as you said liar liar pants on fire. We are fighting so hard to save the show as there is more to explore. Really more. I can't see beautiful story go waste.