Article - Tarun Khanna roped in for 'Mere Sai' ...

RTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/tarun-khanna-roped-in-for-mere-sai/articleshow/63628113.cms

Neha Maheshwri | TNN | Apr 6, 2018, 01:00 IST

Actor Tarun Khanna, who was last seen as Lord Shiva on 'Karamphaldata Shani', has now been roped in for the TV show 'Mere Sai'. He will play Ratnakar, an NRI businessman. 

Tarun says, "I am a staunch devotee of Sai Baba. I was going through a rough patch some years ago. At that time, I read about Baba and his philosophy of shraddha (faith) and saburi (patience). I have been following that since and my life has changed for the better. So, in a way, it's an honour to be a part of this project. Besides, this show also allows me to break out of the mythological mould.

His journey in the mythological genre began with 'Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev', where he was seen as Ravana. "I am the only actor who has played both Ravana and Shiva. I don't know what makes people select me for these shows. It could be because of my good command over Hindi and athletic physique, he says, adding, "My reason for taking up mythological shows is that they are made with intelligence and conviction. Daily soaps, on the other hand, are mostly regressive and boring; something that I will not watch myself. If something interesting comes my way, I would love to associate myself with it.

-----
Tarun Khanna's 'money-minded' role in 'Mere Sai'

Mumbai, April 6 (IANS) Actor Tarun Khanna, known for shows like "Kasautii Zindagii Kay" and "Chandragupta Maurya", will play the role of a wealthy businessman in the "Mere Sai" show.

"My character in the show is called Ratnakar. He is a wealthy business-man and has returned to India from overseas. He is totally money-minded and will do anything to earn more money," Tarun said in a statement.

"It's about how his life transforms after an interaction with Sai Baba and becomes a devotee. I have worked on different mythological shows. This is the first time that I will be playing such a unique character on television.

"I am a devotee of Sai Baba and believe in his teachings of Shraddha (faith) and Saburi (patience), it's an honour to be a part of this project," added the "Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap" actor.

"Mere Sai" is aired on on Sony Entertainment Television.

--IANS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
Fantastic.
Looking Forward For This Episodes.