YPNTKH articles - cast, show

peachesnplums thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm putting most of the articles on the show in this one thread or there will be too many topics all of a sudden, will make it difficult to browse.It includes reviews, previews, interviews etc.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peachesnplums thumbnail

Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai actor Manish Chaudhari: Progressive shows should be made

Actor Manish Chaudhari says the reason behind the non-acceptance of shows which deliver much more than the saas-bahu melodrama is the "bad habit the audience has developed because of the makers."

The Indian television audience has been served regressive content for the longest time now. And the reason for them being made incessantly is the acceptance by the viewers. TV shows Naagin and Sasural Simar Ka's TRPs during their runtime is a proof enough. With such viewership, TV producers too refrain from experimenting with content-driven shows and those who do, fail miserably. We asked television and film actor Manish Chaudhari who has been a part of limited episode TV shows like Everest, P.O.W-Bandi Yuddh Ki, Powder and Red Code the reason behind the non-acceptance of shows which deliver much more than the saas-bahu melodrama. To it, the actor blamed it on the "bad habit the audience has developed because of the makers.

He said, "The audience is smart but they have been given a bad habit over the last fifteen years. It is just like how people get addicted to smoking. They have been served saas-bahu sagas for like fifteen years now. A generation and a half have grown over that kind of stuff, so they got used to it. To change that, progressive shows should be made. They have to continue being made and then only audiences taste will also change.

Manish will be next seen on Sony Entertainment channel's latest offering Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai. In the show, the actor will essay the role of a south Indian businessman who lives in Delhi and is extremely ambitious. He wishes to become the top industrialist of the country in the show. Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai stands different from other shows on TV as it is being shot in real locations and not on the sets.

Until now, Manish has presented himself in serious roles on television, be it his show P.O.W Bandhi Yuddh Ke or Powder, but not for a moment does he fear being slotted in a particular image. He said, "That's something for the producers and directors to worry about. That is not my concern. I focus on adding colours to every character I play and my job is to work hard on the character. For instance, Krishnakanth Reddy (his character in Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai) has a very thick accent which I haven't done on television before. I enjoy every character, serious or not, and every character comes with its own life which as an actor is my job to explore. This stereotyping doesn't control me a bit. Now if this makes people slot me in a particular image, it is fine. I do not look at it like that.

Ever since the influx of web series, the future of television shows has been in jeopardy. However, Manish has a different take on it. For him, the three mediums of entertainment, films, TV shows and web series are interrelated. He said, "It is all about entertainment. They all work simultaneously and they are not separate. I think it's a big mistake to look at the web, television and films as three mediums. They are completely interrelated. If one does better, it is good for the other one too. For instance, I did a series called Powder which came on Sony in 2010-11 and now it is on Netflix and has gone international. So, if television will have good content, it will work on the digital medium too.

read more http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/manish-chaudhari-5100190/

Edited by peachesnplums - 6 years ago
peachesnplums thumbnail

Sony TV Presents New-Age Love Story Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai' 

R.M. VIJAYAKAR, Special to India-West Mar 8, 2018 MUMBAI 

Sony Entertainment Television has rendered various hues of love and romance through "Ek Duje Ke Vaaste, "Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi and "Bade Acche Lagte Hain. Partnering once again with Bindu & SJ Studios after the first-named show, it brings a breezy yet absorbing world of romance in "Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai. 

This is that shade of love that is unspoken but palpable, unexpressed but perceptible, of Siddhant Sinha (Namit Khanna) and Anushka Reddy (Palak Jain). Siddhant is racing ahead at a breakneck speed to achieve fame and success in his career but still finds something missing. Anushka, daughter of one of the biggest business tycoons of the country, is untouched by the opulence in which she has been brought up, is sensitive yet competitive and has everything which one could desire. But she still cannot give up on the emotions that she has for Siddhant. 

The entire show is being shot in Delhi at real locations to give its viewers a completely differentiated cinematic experience and bring alive the world of its characters. Making their debuts on television, Khanna (Siddhant) and Jain (Anushka) share screen space with an ensemble of talented artists, like Manish Chaudhary, Anuraag Arora, Alka Amin, Ankit Raj, Shahana Verma and others. "Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai premieres on Mar. 19 in India. Danish Khan, EVP and business head, said, "We are delighted to present "Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai, and collaborate with Dilip Jha, the writer-producer, who had given Sony a great love story last year in "Ek Duje Ke Vaaste. This show also marks our ambition to move from shooting in a studio setup to shooting in real location. 

Dilip Jha, writer and producer, said, "I am so happy to collaborate with Sony once again. The series has two parts: one is a very contemporary romance with nuances and nostalgia of first love. The other part is this larger-than-life drama narrative of the 70s where a young man is all set to take entire world head-on to make his way, while still being rooted and in love. Apart from great entertainment, I believe this show will also deliver a strong social message.

http://www.indiawest.com/entertainment/television/sony-tv-presents-new-age-love-story-yeh-pyaar-nahi/article_d32bbd86-22fb-11e8-acb2-17d25666d6eb.html

peachesnplums thumbnail

It's Time To Play Badminton On Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai!

Mar 30, 2018, 16:25 IST | mid-day online correspondent

In the ongoing track, Anushka Reddy (Palak Jain) is seen playing a game of badminton with her 'Anna' Shrikant Reddy (Vishal Malhotra). This created a lot of drama post the shot

Sony TV's Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai is a fresh, urban day love story that talk about two individuals who used to love each other but were separated due to some conflict. Audiences have appreciated the show, its scale, the richness and grandeur of the sets in Delhi. The creative team is taking care of each and every nuance in the scenes to make it look real and glamourous.

In the ongoing track, Anushka Reddy (Palak Jain) is seen playing a game of badminton with her 'Anna' Shrikant Reddy (Vishal Malhotra). This created a lot of drama post the shot. Though the cast had to do a lot of practice before the scenes were shot, it was only after the shoot that the entire cast and crew members got into a serious game of badminton which soon turned into a full-fledged competition.

Everyone including the actors and the crew formed teams and played a good and competitive game. When asked Palak, she said, "We were busy getting the badminton scene right and once it was done, it was amazing to see the cast and crew get together to play a healthy match of badminton. It was definitely refreshing and also helped us get to know each other better. I am glad to be a part of the show. We now plan to play badminton daily to keep us fresh."

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/its-time-to-play-badminton-on-yeh-pyaar-nahi-toh-kya-hai/19264183

peachesnplums thumbnail

Namit Khanna: There Are TV Actors Who Are Way More Popular Than Film Actors

Mar 19, 2018, 18:55 IST | Gayatri Nirmal

Yeh Pyar Nahi Toh Kya Hai fame Namit Khanna and Palak Jain interacted with mid-day online over a telephonic conversation and spoke about the hardships they went through before achieving this show

Yeh Pyar Nahi Toh Kya Hai, an upcoming show on Sony Entertainment channel brings to its viewers a love story blended with the traits of two drastically opposite people Siddharth and Anushka Reddy. Debutants Namit Khanna and Palak Jain are essaying these lead characters. Ask them about the initial butterflies flying in their stomachs before facing the camera and their experience working on this show, they are quick to answer that they are yet amateurs.

Namit: Yes, it's a bit hectic and I think that's how it's going to remain long hours and lack of sleep. Facing the camera is one department that I've worked really hard towards. I'm enjoying the whole process. Of course, there's always scope to get better and improve every day but the initial fear of facing the camera has vanished. I have overcome that fear now.

Palak: Now, I am pretty much comfortable. Of course, doing the scenes and getting into that zone is taking time but compared to the first day, I'm getting really comfortable. It's also because I am working with a lot of experienced actors and they just make me feel very comfortable.

Well, stepping into the television industry even without a faint recommendation is too real to be a true story. However, Namit and Palak's tale of sheer dedication, sacrifice, hard-work and most importantly, patience. It will force you to think otherwise, other than the standard notion of passing the audition for a show in a quick go. Ask them if the journey up till now has sailed smoothly of was a bumpy ride? To which, their answer was...

Namit: I had done a pilot shoot for a show on Star Plus in October and was waiting for their response. It was just two weeks to go about for that and I got a call from Sony for this show Yeh Pyar Nahi Toh Kya Hai and they asked me to come down for a meeting. I already informed them that I have done a pilot shoot for xyz show. So, the director said, "Just come down and we'll have a chat." I went ahead and he told me about the character. Later, I went and auditioned for it. Minutes after my audition they made me meet Dilip sir, Vishal sir and I spent a lot of time on the first day of my audition there. So, I kind of figured that they are interested and within the next two days I got finalised. Talking of facing roadblocks to reach up till here, he shared, "I wouldn't say there were roadblocks because everybody has a different journey. It's just that you continue on that path you are walking on with that self-belief that this is the only way it has to happen and there is no other way. Yeah, at some time you start having doubts about your decision and choices but everybody goes through it.  I continued working on myself and that's what has got me here."

Palak: The journey wasn't smooth for sure because I did not know anyone from the industry and there is nobody in my family or relative who is associated with this industry and could have helped me out. Mumbai was difficult because figuring everything on your own is difficult. But there's one thing that it necessarily makes you strong as a person because it needs a lot of patience. You keep giving auditions; you keep getting rejected without even knowing that you have been rejected. It's not necessarily your acting or whatever but you don't fit in for some reason and there's nobody to tell you that why you're not fitting in. Talking about the audition part, the production team saw my picture and found Anushka's character in me. And then they called me for an audition. There were one or two rounds of audition and the shortlisting that happened. I think when something is meant to happen, it just happens in some or the other way. For years I was just waiting for the opportunity and nothing happened. This show came and it just materialised.

The show revolves around these two main protagonists and the misunderstandings between them form the plot of the story. A newcomer has many thoughts wandering in his/her mind before entering a new class or a new job on his/her first day. There is a pile of 'what if' thoughts slipping from their minds. One such question, "What if I am not accepted by my colleagues?" So, talking about their equation with them, Palak and Namit narrated a feel-good equation about working with the co-actors.

Namit: Yes, being comfortable with the people you're working with is very important. Once, you reach there it becomes easier and I have reached that zone. Getting comfortable with co-actors is easy. It takes time to gel up with the technical crew because you don't know anybody and you don't really get the time to sit and chat with them because you are so occupied working. Now that it's been close to 40-45 days of shooting, so, now you know everybody by name and their role in the team. Of course, there are issues that happen in the production team but these goof-ups keep happening everywhere.

Palak: Yes, I am very comfortable. Not a single day did I feel that I am a newcomer. Doing the scenes with such experienced co-actors like Alka ma'am and Maneesh sir is actually a blessing. It's great working with people who are so experienced. They just enhance your skills.

A layman or an alien to the world of glamour have too many pre-conceived notions about the function of this industry. But the closer you come, reality hits you harder to see the cast and crew work non-stop on endless shift hours to complete their episode. Exactly was the case with these debutants, it seemed like beds of roses until they themselves endured the pain of pricking thorns.

Namit: Yes, we do have some pre-conceived notions. For all these years I was not convinced that I have to do TV because I always felt that I wanted to do films then why should I switch to television when I myself don't watch TV? But now, after being around for a while and working hard, I realised that there's always going to be a gamble, especially for an outsider like me. Even if I get a film, the result will be based on its Box Office collections, for which, I'll work for relatively three to four months, without any assurance of working every day, the kind of role and other factors as opposed to a TV show. In my case, it's a one year show, where 10-12 months I'll be working consistently, where you are getting an opportunity to better yourself. The most important thing for an actor is to prove and I'm getting an opportunity to do that. Also, the reach of TV is huge and this is something that I realised with time. There are TV actors who are way more popular than film actors, of course, barring the A Grade stars. If I feel that there is no good work in Television, at least I can perform better then because as an actor we have social responsibilities catering to people of all age groups.

Palak: Honestly, there's still a lot for me to explore but my friends or family when they talk about the TV industry, they think that it's the easiest thing to do. If you're not doing anything, you can just get into modelling and act but trust me, it's exactly the opposite. If you cannot do anything, you definitely cannot do acting. It needs lot of dedication and lot of commitment, probably, a lot of personal sacrifices to be made. If you are committed to something, you just need to keep your personal life secondary. And, you really need to be strong and patient. This (TV industry) is not something how it looks, it's not a cakewalk, people think they are leading a glamorous life. But nothing comes easy, there's always a price to pay.

With a few days left for the show to go on air on 19 March on Sony channel at 8 pm, both, Namit and Palak have their heartbeats racing ahead of time. They are anxious, excited and nervous at the same time to see the audiences' reaction. Also, they feel blessed and are thankful to their parents and almighty for pondering this opportunity on them to reach people's homes with this show.

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/namit-khanna-there-are-tv-actors-who-are-way-more-popular-than-film-actors/19217159

peachesnplums thumbnail

While actors are moving from TV to digital, Namit Khanna does the opposite he explains why

Check out Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai's Namit Khanna's EXCLUSIVE interview here.

By Anusha Iyengar | Published: March 19, 2018

We have seen him be his smoldering hot self in the popular web series, Twisted, with Nia Sharma. Namit Khanna will now be seen in a completely different avatar in his debut TV show, Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai. He will be playing the role of Siddhant Sinha opposite another newbie, Palak Jain. The cast stresses on the fact that the youth will relate a lot to the show. It's a finite series and a modern love story. Now we have a lot of TV shows that are romantic dramas but this one seems to be different than the others.

Well, we can only judge when we watch it, but we got a chance to meet the cast for a little chat on the sets of Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai. Namit speaks about his take on modern relationships, why the audience will connect with their show, whether the time slot will affect their TRPs and so on. While most television actors are going digital, Namit chose to do TV after doing a successful web series. The actor opens up about why he feels TV has a wider reach and is pretty optimistic about the show. Here are excerpts from our conversation. (ALSO READ: Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai promo: Namit Khanna of Twisted fame romances newbie Palak Jain in this modern love story watch video)

Why the switch from digital to TV?

To be honest, digital is still coming up. It's at a pioneering stage and it will become the thing' eventually. Having said that, the reach on digital is smaller when compared to that on TV. You'll see a TV in every household and most of the family members watch it. But I did a web series and it did really well. Web series gave me an opportunity to work in some 15 episodes but I have an opportunity to work for 10-12 months when it comes to television. Of course, the production is bigger and there is international reach also. For me, it was about doing good work.

Tell us something about the show and your role as Siddhant Sinha.

Siddhant is a lawyer and he is kind of shrewd. He is extremely ambitious and wants to make a lot of money, but he hates rich people. The reason for this is his childhood friend, Anushka Reddy. He is very close to her and they like each other but never confess their feelings to each other. There are a couple of misunderstandings and issues that keep them apart. She leaves for New York to study and returns after six years, which is when the story begins. Since there are a lot of unsaid things and misunderstandings, there is constant cold war between them.

You said that the youth will relate to the show. How so?

The main issue right now is how people communicate with each other. They assume and misunderstand things a lot because of which you get that blotch in the relationship. They really care for each other and they all need a quick fix for all the problems. Some things need time you know, especially relationships. You must put in your energy, talk about things and these are the things that the youth will see. It's very real.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/exclusive-while-actors-are-moving-from-tv-to-digital-namit-khanna-does-the-opposite-he-explains-why/

peachesnplums thumbnail

Palak Jain: Would always opt for meaty roles over skin show or bold scenes

Vijaya Tiwari| TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Mar 23, 2018

Newbie Palak Jain, who made her debut with Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai recently, feels actors like Ronit Roy, Sakshi Tanwar, Shweta Tiwari have changed the face of Indian television.

In an exclusive conversation with the Times Of India, the Delhi girl spills the beans about her show, working on TV and her crush.

"I am playing the role of Anushka Reddy who belongs to the richest family in Delhi. She has everything in life. She is a very down to earth girl and doesn't take anything for granted. She likes doing things on her own rather than using family's name," explains Palak.

Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai deals with modern day relationships that are short-lived. "Our TV show Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai talks about modern day relationships which are short-lived. Today's youth doesn't have patience to carry on a relationship. Instead of sitting and talking they prefer breaking-up. They are so busy with the lives and achieving career goals that it leads to communication gap. Our show deals with this, said Palak. 
The actress admires TV stars like Ronit Roy, Sakshi Tanwar, Shweta Tiwari to name a few, "I think actors like Sakshi Tanwar, Ronit Roy, Shweta Tiwari changed the face of Indian television show with shows like Kasauti Zindagi Kay, Kahani Ghar Ghar, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. I still remember Ronit sir's character in Kasauti I used to look forward to that show. He had such a strong character and people loved the show. I really look up to them and I admire them for their work and experience, she said.

Palak also revealed that as a college going girl she had a huge crush on Barun Sobti for playing Arnav Singh Raizada in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, "I loved the way he played the chara cter of Arnav Singh Raizada. It was a great show and I had a huge crush on Barun Sobti. I was in college that time and never missed an episode, shared the actress.

The actress, who started her career as a model in Delhi and then shifted to Mumbai to get into acting, says she will always opt for meaty roles over skin show and bold scenes.
"I will always see what my role demands and what the character is. My choice will always be content driven projects. I won't do skin show or bold scenes just for the heck of it. I will always opt for meaty roles like Padmavat. I want to play roles of strong women who are inspiring, concluded Palak.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/palak-jain-would-always-opt-for-meaty-roles-over-skin-show-or-bold-scenes/articleshow/63435434.cms
peachesnplums thumbnail

Palak Jain Learns Bharatnatyam For Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai

Mar 20, 2018, 20:54 IST | IANS

Palak Jain ecstatic about taking Bharatnatyam lessons for her TV show Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai

Actress Palak Jain, who essays the role of Anushka Reddy in Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai, says the show gave her an opportunity to take Bharatnatyam lessons. Belonging to a rich family, Anushka has an ideology of simple living and high thinking. She also has a flair for art and culture and is inclined towards learning a dance form.

"I always wanted to learn Bharatnatyam but due to studies and other assignments, I couldn't find the time to do it. Thanks to 'Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai', my character is a dance enthusiast. Hence, I had to learn a few steps of the dance form from a professional tutor," Palak said in a statement.

"It was a liberating feeling, a long-cherished dream that has finally come true. I am hopeful of learning Bharatnatyam professionally too," she added.

Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai is aired on Sony Entertainment Television.

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/palak-jain-learns-bharatnatyam-for-yeh-pyaar-nahi-toh-kya-hai/19223179

peachesnplums thumbnail

Palak Jain Acquires A New Talent For Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai

Mar 21, 2018, 12:23 IST | mid-day online correspondent

Palaik Jain is learning something new for her TV show Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai

Palak Jain who essays the role of Anushka Reddy on Sony Entertainment Television's upcoming show Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai is a girl of many talents. Palak is an accomplished model, a talented actor and also a classical dance enthusiast. Belonging to an elite and a rich family, Anushka has an ideology of simple living and high thinking. She also has a flair for art and culture and is inclined to learn a dance form. While shooting for the show, Palak got the opportunity to indulge herself in professional Bharat Natyam training sessions.

Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai narrates a modern-day love story written and produced by master story teller Dilip Jha. It depicts that shade of love which is unspoken but palpable, unexpressed but perceptible of Siddhant Sinha (Namit Khanna) & Anushka Reddy (Palak Jain). Anushka Reddy is the daughter of one of the biggest 'business tycoons' of the country but is untouched by the opulence in which she has been brought up. She is sensitive yet competitive, has everything which one could desire but still cannot give up on her emotions that she has for Siddhant.

When contacted Palak Jain confirmed "I am super excited as our show will be going on air in a couple of days. Yes, it's true, I always wanted to learn Bharat Natyam but due to studies and other assignments I couldn't find the time to do it. Thanks to 'Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai' my on-screen character of Anushka Reddy is an dance enthusiast and hence I had to learn few steps of the Carnatic dance form from a professional tutor. It was a liberating feeling, a long-cherished dream that has finally come true. I am hopeful of learning Bharat Natyam professionally as I get time from shoots."

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/palak-jain-acquires-a-new-talent-for-yeh-pyaar-nahi-toh-kya-hai/19226160

peachesnplums thumbnail

Palak Jain Just Needs 15 Minutes To Prep For Her Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai Look

Apr 05, 2018, 18:40 IST | mid-day online correspondent

Since Palak Jain's on-screen character is that of a modest and polished lady, with least makeup and accessories, her record time in getting into the character has been the fastest, with just 15-minutes

Palak Jain, essaying the role of Anushka Reddy in Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai is shown to be rich and suave young girl. She has been receiving a lot of admiration for her sophisticated yet simple look in the show.

Palak, who is a making her debut with Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai, is making every effort to put her best foot forward and carve a niche for herself. The case in point is the quick turnaround time to get the character look. The actress is known to take a lot of time to get into their character look given the heavy makeup, attire, and costume jewelry. But since Anushka's character is that of a modest and polished lady, with least makeup and accessories, her record time in getting into the character has been the fastest, with just 15-minutes! Even the boys have not been able to keep up with it, much to everyone's amusement and production team's delight! Palak's portrayal of Anushka Reddy, a focused business-woman goes hand-in-glove with her distinct look on the show.

When contacted with Anushka (Palak Jain) to know the secret behind this, this is what she had to say. "It is indeed true that I take 15-minutes to get ready for the sets. I truly believe in 'simplicity is the ultimate sophistication'. One can look alluring and elegant without too much makeup and accessories. Since Anushka's character is that of a self-assured and focused person, therefore her appearance did not have too many paraphernalia, which in a way works well for me and saves time in getting ready. I am exactly like her in person, hence I could draw a lot of similarities between the two and easily connect with the character. Both of us are focused on the tasks at hand and are willing to meet all challenges head on to achieve success."

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/palak-jain-just-needs-15-minutes-to-prep-for-her-yeh-pyaar-nahi-toh-kya-hai-look/19286155