Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hello DMers,

Today's quiz covers the History of Indian Cuisine 😃

It is interesting to know how many popular dishes developed in the Indian Sub-continent thousands of years ago, but they continue to satisfy 21st century taste buds.

Bon appetit! Quiz answers will be posted in a couple of days with a new quiz to replace them.

1)      Biryani is a popular Indian dish made with rice, vegetables, spices, yoghurt and various types of meats, ranging from chicken to venison. Historians state that these people are the connoisseurs of biryani in India. Who are they?

2)      According to the Ayurveda, food has three characteristics. These three characteristics are prevalent throughout the Hindu religious tradition. Give the Sanskrit term for each characteristic and its English translation.

3)      What are "Mysore nuggets" made out of?

4)      Which famous Indian spice is used to cure stomach ulcers?

5) The word "curry" has been associated with everything related to India. But, did you know that it is not even an Indian word? It was invented by these foreigners based on a south Indian term. Who were the foreigners and what is the South Indian term?

Edited by T. - 17 years ago
savie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
1)Biryani is a popular Indian dish made with rice, vegetables, spices, yoghurt and various types of meats, ranging from chicken to venison. Historians state that these people are the connoisseurs of biryani in India. Who are they?

Ans. Hyderabadi biryani is the best. SO People in Hyderabad are the connoisseurs.

2)      According to the Ayurveda, food has three characteristics. These three characteristics are prevalent throughout the Hindu religious tradition. Give the Sanskrit term for each characteristic and its English translation.
Ans. Is it Satvik, Rajsi and Tamsi

3)      What are "Mysore nuggets" made out of?

4)      Which famous Indian spice is used to cure stomach ulcers?
Ans. Turmeric

5) The word "curry" has been associated with everything related to India. But, did you know that it is not even an Indian word? It was invented by these foreigners based on a south Indian term. Who were the foreigners and what is the South Indian term?

Anoli thumbnail

Nice quiz bt i think its abit hard!😳

Goodluck to all d contestants who r takin part inn it!😊

Take Care

Anoli

xxx

Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anoli

Nice quiz bt i think its abit hard!😳

Goodluck to all d contestants who r takin part inn it!😊

Take Care

Anoli

xxx

Well, you wont necessarily know all answers, but you can still find them out  through some searches on the internet. These quizzes are designed to generate some interest in researching and finding out new things. ðŸ˜Š

savie thumbnail
But you didn't tell me if i m right or wrong atleast a hint to make sure that i m going through the right way
Morgoth thumbnail
Savie, all I will say is please continue guessing. 😃
savie thumbnail
😭 i love to eat but not to do reaserch and cook 😡
MrsKaranGrover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wer do we post the answers? 😳
Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: savie

😭 i love to eat but not to do reaserch and cook 😡

So its high time you knew what goes into your stomach. 😆

Morgoth thumbnail
Hinal, you can post your replies here. Lets see if you can get all answers before Savie does. 😉