Today's quiz covers the History of Indian Cuisine
It is interesting to know how many popular dishes developed in the Indian Sub-continent thousands of years ago, but they continue to satisfy 21st century taste buds.
Bon appetit! Quiz answers will be posted in a couple of days with a new quiz to replace them.
1) Biryani is a popular Indian dish made with rice, vegetables, spices, yoghurt and various types of meats, ranging from chicken to venison. Historians state that these people are the connoisseurs of biryani in India. Who are they?
2) According to the Ayurveda, food has three characteristics. These three characteristics are prevalent throughout the Hindu religious tradition. Give the Sanskrit term for each characteristic and its English translation.
3) What are "Mysore nuggets" made out of?
4) Which famous Indian spice is used to cure stomach ulcers?
5) The word "curry" has been associated with everything related to India. But, did you know that it is not even an Indian word? It was invented by these foreigners based on a south Indian term. Who were the foreigners and what is the South Indian term?
Edited by T. - 13 years ago
Nice quiz bt i think its abit hard!
Goodluck to all d contestants who r takin part inn it!
Well, you wont necessarily know all answers, but you can still find them out through some searches on the internet. These quizzes are designed to generate some interest in researching and finding out new things.
Topic started by Morgoth
Last replied by Morgoth