Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Phenyl

Team manuscript. I belive that she is the villain and not the victim.😈

Most do. I wanna believe the letter though because I can't believe a mother can be so evil.

Can you suggest me some more twisted domestic thrillers/mysteries like Verity and Behind Closed Doors

Phenyl thumbnail

Originally posted by: evilxbalaa

Most do. I wanna believe the letter though because I can't believe a mother can be so evil.

Can you suggest me some more twisted domestic thrillers/mysteries like Verity and Behind Closed Doors

The Push by Ashley Audrain

The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth

These are the only domestic thrillers that I read. Liked both of them. 

23Diya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Phenyl

Why did you DNF it?

I heard that its really good

Most people love it. In fact I was recommended to read it by quite a few people but I just couldn't connect with the characters. At times they seemed too childish, and at others, too fake, especially the narrator which made it all the worse for me. I like hate to love trope but I didn't like the little i read. Also, I accidentally stumbled upon a little spoiler and decided that DNFing it was for the best. I'd have really hated the lead characters.

23Diya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Finished reading The Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri

Edited by 23Diya - 1 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Still Beating by Jennifer Hartmann

Phenyl thumbnail

Originally posted by: 23Diya

Most people love it. In fact I was recommended to read it by quite a few people but I just couldn't connect with the characters. At times they seemed too childish, and at others, too fake, especially the narrator which made it all the worse for me. I like hate to love trope but I didn't like the little i read. Also, I accidentally stumbled upon a little spoiler and decided that DNFing it was for the best. I'd have really hated the lead characters.

I really hate childish characters in romance books. They are supposed to be in their 20s or sometimes in their 30s and they talk and act like teenagers. If both the lead characters suck then there is no point in reading that book. ðŸ˜†

HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Einstein: His Life and Universe by Walter Isaascon. 

The book is as good as it gets the reputation of being. It peeks into the mind of the genius without glossing over the fact that he is a genius. The book introduces us to an Einstein who was a normal human being, far from the glorious scientist that media made him out to be after this death. I'm still halfway through. And it's been a good read so far. 

dinazz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 2

61 Hours by Lee Child 

Genre: Thriller

O. Henry short stories

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

This month's list of what I m reading 

Poetry :